Register
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast
    Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

04.22.19 @ 06:59 AM
    Liked 3,874 Times in 1,705 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by VH1988 View Post

Dave is so jacked to be on the VH stage again its almost charming but heís annoying as fuck to try and understand in real life.

Proud of you, almost made it to a semi compliment of Dave. Lol it was a good effort

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

2. The Following 4 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

04.22.19 @ 11:39 PM
    Liked 15,722 Times in 6,832 Posts

Nobody looks good in that dumb exchange but whatever. Whatís sad is somebody reported that stupid shit as news.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

4. The Following 4 Members Like This Post:

Last Online

04.23.19 @ 12:28 AM
    Liked 2,998 Times in 1,910 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by vcooper3 View Post
    Surprisingly, an online article was written to recap the latest:

Wolfgang Van Halen Takes On Trolls Over Van Halen Song Dedicated To Him
    By Andrew Magnotta @AndrewMagnotta
    March 19, 2019

Not only is Wolfgang Van Halen a virtuoso musician who's a member of one of the biggest rock bands of all-time, he's also a natural at handling online trolls.

It can't be easy being the son of an icon, especially in the social media age, but when Van Halen wades into his mentions, he typically handles his detractors with the utmost wit and sarcasm.

It began as many of these situations do, with a genuine message from one person to another that couldn't possibly be taken out of context. This time it was Eddie Van Halen wishing his son, Wolfgang, a happy birthday this past Saturday in a message posted to Twitter.

When a fan seconded Eddie's birthday wish and mentioned the 1991 Van Halen instrumental "316" — titled in reference to Wolfie's March 16th birthday — things got very stupid, very quickly with a very ill-conceived 'well actually' from another Twitter user.

"Actually he wrote 316 in 1986 or before. You can hear him play it as part of his guitar solo live on LIVE WITHOUT A NET video release that was for the 5150 tour of '86," wrote a troll called Jason, who went on to question whether the song was "really written" for Wolfie.

Wolfie responded and chronicled his replies via his Instagram Story.

He began by paraphrasing the know-it-all, writing: "'You know that song your dad wrote for you? Well he actually didn't. Believe me, I would know.'"

Another user piped up to defend Troll Jason on the grounds that he, too, heard the "316" idea in the '80s and also has been playing guitar for a long time. Shouldn't we all be impressed?

"Going out of your way to tell me that the song my father dedicated to me, isn't for me, just because it was an idea he had played before I was born, doesn't make it any less dedicated to me," Wolfie wrote in reply. "Y'all don't get to decide that. You people blow my mind."

Then another much more well-grounded Jason (@jason_baldock) gifted the world a fantastic new verb.

"Van Splainin'," he wrote amongst the replies.

Wolfie rated the comment a 10/10. We fully support this rating.

Then another clueless social media user replied to Wolfie via Instagram.

"You need to chill bro," wrote the troll. "An entire generation of people grew up worshipping your father. he was part of their childhood and teenage years. he has fans and they think they know everything about it. Deal with it. Lol"

We're pretty sure Wolfie is both "chill" and "dealing with it," but the Van Halen bassist replied, reminding the user who he was talking to.

"I'm gonna go out on a limb here, and say that he was part of my childhood too," Wolfie wrote, regarding his father. "Maybe just a little bit more."

To that point, a few years ago on Wolfie's 25th birthday his mother, Valerie Bertinelli, posted a photo of Eddie playing "316" at home with his guitar resting upon her pregnant belly in early 1991.

"Ed playing 316 on my growing tummy, before he knew he would call it 316," she wrote in the caption.

https://www.iheart.com/content/2019-...icated-to-him/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    LOL. Lookin' good. '

Maybe he could be making his mark playing gigs and earning his stripes, without his Dad, jamming in clubs and such whetting his chops, instead of 'taking on' the instagram trolls.

Millennial kids

Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

04.21.19 @ 07:01 PM
    Liked 61 Times in 28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    Were you the one that posted that exchange on here? I remember someone here talking about an exchange with him.
    Yeah... It was during the last tour. He was updating his FB page/Instagram with nothing but crowd shots at the end of each show. I told him that every crowd looked the same (yeah itís cool - Iíll never play Red Rocks, let alone with IN Van Halen - but still)... anyways, I said every crowd looks the same, post some backstage pics, candid stuff, stuff fans want to see. He mustíve seen it come through like immediately because I got a notification that he replied... At the time on my FB page my background was a picture of my parents place in WY - red pole fence, long driveway, trees on the side, mtns in the background - cliche WY picture. It was during the summer and it was a cool picture. Anyways, he clicked on my profile to FB stalk me and replies, ďAnd this is coming from a guy with grass as his picture! HAHAĒ. I was kinda dumbfounded lol. Then of course all his fanboys started defending him. It just got really stupid. His response to me suggesting different pictures seemed really petty coming from somebody in his position. But whatever.
    Last edited by nicholas_kudochop; 03.19.19 at 11:02 PM.

7. The Following 6 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

1986 - 1996
    Favorite VH Song

5150, Cabo Wabo
    Last Online

04.22.19 @ 06:21 PM
    Liked 1,350 Times in 909 Posts

I’m gonna go on a limb and say the fans are extremely frustrated with the band and Wolf is getting the brunt of it as he is the only accessible current member of the band.

If the band don’t want to communicate with the fans I only expect these interactions to continue and increase.

I don’t think the band likes the fanbase at all and they don’t communicate with us because of it. They also don’t communicate because I don’t think even they know if they’re retired or not.

Rush is releasing an official book of their touring history. They disbanded 4 years ago. Yet they’re still in business.
    Eddie Van Halen in 2012:

"ESQ: What are you going to do with all the material that you wrote with Sammy Hagar?

EVH: Oh, I hadn't thought about that. That's some great music. They're just on vacation, maybe. They're off to college and they're going their own way. Who knows?"

9. The Following 6 Members Like This Post:

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

04.22.19 @ 05:15 PM
    Liked 3,694 Times in 1,859 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VH1988 View Post
    I’m gonna go on a limb and say the fans are extremely frustrated with the band and Wolf is getting the brunt of it as he is the only accessible current member of the band.

If the band don’t want to communicate with the fans I only expect these interactions to continue and increase.

I don’t think the band likes the fanbase at all and they don’t communicate with us because of it. They also don’t communicate because I don’t think even they know if they’re retired or not.

Rush is releasing an official book of their touring history. They disbanded 4 years ago. Yet they’re still in business.
    I actually think this is spot on.

11. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Hang 'Em High
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Bottoms Up!
    Last Online

04.20.19 @ 11:18 PM
    Liked 3,409 Times in 2,181 Posts

Why does VH dislike me?

Favorite VH Album

The First One
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

04.22.19 @ 10:08 PM
    Liked 22,510 Times in 12,824 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by PrideofPasadena View Post
    Why does VH dislike me?
    VH doesnít care enough to dislike any of us.

Hang 'Em High
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Bottoms Up!
    Last Online

04.20.19 @ 11:18 PM
    Liked 3,409 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by I Coulda Hada VH View Post
    VH doesnít care enough to dislike any of us.
    Whew! Thanks, Coulda. I feel a little better.

Favorite VH Album

The Classic 6 Pack
    Favorite VH Song

Take Your Whiskey Home
    Last Online

04.20.19 @ 06:48 PM
    Liked 312 Times in 121 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PrideofPasadena View Post
    Why does VH dislike me?
    They loved your money... and will again... will always cherish your adoration. You personally... They don't give a flying fuck about you!

May sound harsh... but reality rolls that way... know your place. Stay in your lane...
    Woke up this mornin, got Blue Moon in your eyes...

16. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight/Mine All Mine
    Last Online

04.22.19 @ 12:47 PM
    Liked 1,500 Times in 775 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by nicholas_kudochop View Post
    Yeah... It was during the last tour. He was updating his FB page/Instagram with nothing but crowd shots at the end of each show. I told him that every crowd looked the same (yeah it’s cool - I’ll never play Red Rocks, let alone with IN Van Halen - but still)... anyways, I said every crowd looks the same, post some backstage pics, candid stuff, stuff fans want to see. He must’ve seen it come through like immediately because I got a notification that he replied... At the time on my FB page my background was a picture of my parents place in WY - red pole fence, long driveway, trees on the side, mtns in the background - cliche WY picture. It was during the summer and it was a cool picture. Anyways, he clicked on my profile to FB stalk me and replies, “And this is coming from a guy with grass as his picture! HAHA”. I was kinda dumbfounded lol. Then of course all his fanboys started defending him. It just got really stupid. His response to me suggesting different pictures seemed really petty coming from somebody in his position. But whatever.
    Wow, that really sucks. I mean we troll each other on this site but we're all equal........a bunch of regular people who are fans. For him to shit on you like that? Not sure what to say. Really lame. Given that's how he operates, that article about him "kicking ass against trolls" isn't going to help.
    "Swamp people doin' their swampy things." - bsbll4

18. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

04.22.19 @ 11:39 PM
    Liked 15,722 Times in 6,832 Posts

Default Happy Birthday Wolfgang

Thatís what Iím saying he comes off really petty and childish on social media. What kind of celebrity spends time trolling somebodyís Facebook page for their pictures?
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

20. The Following Member Likes This Post:

AJW

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

04.22.19 @ 06:14 PM
    Liked 8,708 Times in 6,265 Posts

Premium Member

I laughed at a meme I saw last night on FB;

"It's funny how we call it 'social media', when most of us are alone at home or on the toilet..."
    "There's too many people on this basketball that's floating around the sun, who are too afraid to allow themselves to FEEL" - Edward Van Halen
    "Van Halen was never about the singer..." - A very wise fan.
    "Embrace the past. Live in the moment but keep your eyes on the future, and keep on moving forward..." - Richie Sambora

22. The Following 4 Members Like This Post:

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

04.22.19 @ 05:15 PM
    Liked 3,694 Times in 1,859 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RRvh1 View Post
    I laughed at a meme I saw last night on FB;

"It's funny how we call it 'social media', when most of us are alone at home or on the toilet..."
    Yep, I call it "anti-social media". You used to call someone to wish them happy birthday and now you're prompted to just push 1 or something. People text so they don't have to talk, they post pictures of their kids and homes on FB so no one has to actually visit, etc.

Favorite VH Album

1986 - 1996
    Favorite VH Song

5150, Cabo Wabo
    Last Online

04.22.19 @ 06:21 PM
    Liked 1,350 Times in 909 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    That’s what I’m saying he comes off really petty and childish on social media. What kind of celebrity spends time trolling somebody’s Facebook page for their pictures?
    Lazy fat ones that are bored.
    Eddie Van Halen in 2012:

"ESQ: What are you going to do with all the material that you wrote with Sammy Hagar?

EVH: Oh, I hadn't thought about that. That's some great music. They're just on vacation, maybe. They're off to college and they're going their own way. Who knows?"