Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

06.17.19 @ 03:03 AM
    Liked 3,555 Times in 2,164 Posts

Premium Member

As a former manager of a small business 100-120 people I could write a book. Good luck document everything. Keep a lawyer close.
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

06.17.19 @ 01:28 AM
    Liked 16,061 Times in 7,013 Posts

Default HR Departments

Quote Originally Posted by OLO View Post
    HR took my statement last night took about an hour. The investigation is open now. She said I may never know what has happened but to please know its being looked into. Yesterday was a hard day, last night my mind was racing. This morning I thought maybe I am making to much of this and over reacted. My girlfriend reminded of the shit he has pulled over that past few years, some of it possibly against the law. She then pointed out that Control freak Narcacist frequently try to put this on you. They asked me to put my statement into a email by Monday at noon. Ill work on it this weekend. Its in HR's hands now. Thing is he can be a real cool guy, doesnt make the other shit okay. My guess is he will get a wrsit slap and deal with me very little. I did hear he has another open file on him. They know......
    You did the right thing man and Iíve had horrible bosses too. In fact I have one right now.

I also agree that your direct supervisor should have been involved in this and that is a really chickenshit move.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Favorite VH Album

Pirates of the Carribean
    Favorite VH Song

How Many Say Aye?
    Last Online

06.17.19 @ 06:09 AM
    Liked 2,825 Times in 1,464 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

HR took my statement last night took about an hour. The investigation is open now. She said I may never know what has happened but to please know its being looked into. Yesterday was a hard day, last night my mind was racing. This morning I thought maybe I am making to much of this and over reacted. My girlfriend reminded of the shit he has pulled over that past few years, some of it possibly against the law. She then pointed out that Control freak Narcacist frequently try to put this on you. They asked me to put my statement into a email by Monday at noon. Ill work on it this weekend. Its in HR's hands now. Thing is he can be a real cool guy, doesnt make the other shit okay. My guess is he will get a wrsit slap and deal with me very little. I did hear he has another open file on him. They know......
    I had a real peach of a manager 4-5 years ago. I was almost to the point of changing jobs. Turns out it wasnít just me that didnít like him. His manager didnít either & he was invited to leave. Just remember: tough times donít last, tough people do.

Hope it all works out for you OLO.
    -TVH-

There seems to be some perverse human characteristic that likes to make easy things difficult. -Warren Buffett

If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace. -Thomas Paine

What is government itself but the greatest of all reflections on human nature? - James Madison

Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian. - Henry Ford

Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

@
    Liked 7,336 Times in 3,648 Posts

Donor

If it gets worse OLO remember that the eeoc is an option for hostile work environment. Years ago I had to do it and I got a settlement from Krystal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. The Following Member Likes This Post:

OLO

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

06.17.19 @ 07:25 AM
    Liked 343 Times in 221 Posts

Geez, huge corps are the worst in the HR area, everything is keyed to having to win something or lessen exposure in court.
    I used to work for an insurance company everyone's heard of, had a big wig hr manager in, it was straight out of office space, said it was q n a deal, you were basically interviewing for your job. Where do you see yourself.., what are your biggest weaknesses, what do you say you do here.ha
    Dealing with it.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

06.13.19 @ 09:12 PM
    Liked 161 Times in 68 Posts

Update - I have not heard from this guy since I filed my complaint. He has two guys below him that I have been dealing with, both good guys, easy work with. Things have been nice.

Got a call yesterday from the Human Resources Rep that took my statement. The investigation is complete and he was fired yesterday morning. She said a few NEW complaints came in about him and all of them had the same basic tone. I know of 2 complaints from my region. He was in charge of 7 states and at least 150 people. I feel bad for the guy, 15 years down the toilet. My girlfriend said stop feeling bad for him, he did this!!! She made me read the complaint letter again. Glad I don't have to take that shit anymore. Got pleasure in deleting his contacts from my work phone and contacts.

Work doesn't have to be a miserable experience.
    ((Just My Two Cents))
    And thats about what its worth.

8. The Following 8 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Pirates of the Carribean
    Favorite VH Song

How Many Say Aye?
    Last Online

Premium Member

Donor

Update - I have not heard from this guy since I filed my complaint. He has two guys below him that I have been dealing with, both good guys, easy work with. Things have been nice.

Got a call yesterday from the Human Resources Rep that took my statement. The investigation is complete and he was fired yesterday morning. She said a few NEW complaints came in about him and all of them had the same basic tone. I know of 2 complaints from my region. He was in charge of 7 states and at least 150 people. I feel bad for the guy, 15 years down the toilet. My girlfriend said stop feeling bad for him, he did this!!! She made me read the complaint letter again. Glad I don't have to take that shit anymore. Got pleasure in deleting his contacts from my work phone and contacts.

Are you connected on LinkedIn? I only ask because my former jerk plant manager who was best buds with my former jerk manager sent me a connection request a week after they both got tossed. Itís still sitting in by box 3 plus years later. Trifling of me? Sure, but neither of those guys ever had anything positive to say about me in the several years I was subject to their incompetent ďleadershipĒ, or lack thereof. What are we gonna do on LinkedIn? Message about the good old days of me contemplating a career change because they couldnít find their collective asses with both hands? The saying ďyou get promoted to the level of your incompetenceĒ has never been more true. Two living testimonies to it. If I never hear from either of them again as long as I live itíll be too soon.

Glad things are on the upswing OLO. Tough times donít last, tough people do.
    -TVH-

There seems to be some perverse human characteristic that likes to make easy things difficult. -Warren Buffett

If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace. -Thomas Paine

What is government itself but the greatest of all reflections on human nature? - James Madison

Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian. - Henry Ford

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

06.03.19 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 66 Times in 46 Posts

You did the right thing. For every person who complained, there were several who didn't.

11. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Pirates of the Carribean
    Favorite VH Song

How Many Say Aye?
    Last Online

Premium Member

Donor

Default HR Departments

No kidding. I complained about my former manager in confidence to a co-worker only to have the plant manager call me questioning what my problem with the manager (his buddy) was. That was then followed by a call from the manager. Awkward doesnít begin to describe those calls. How do you tell a guy (your direct manager no less) 500 miles away that heís an incompetent peckerhead and has no clue what his department does? It all worked out though. They both got tossed shortly afterward as did the co-worker I confided in. Iím now the last man standing from that regime so I get to make up the history as I see fit. Current manager is results driven so if my customers are happy, heís happy & thatís how I function best.
    Last edited by Ted Van Halen; 05.16.19 at 06:51 AM.
    -TVH-

13. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

II & WACF
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL & Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

06.16.19 @ 08:20 PM
    Liked 11,149 Times in 6,075 Posts

We had a "confidential HR/Help" line, called "We Listen."

After a short time, we renamed it, "We tell on you."
    Graver, Walking Ed, refugee from CVH & proud tone chaser...

15. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Last Online

06.16.19 @ 10:01 PM
    Liked 1,030 Times in 550 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Van Halen View Post
    That was then followed by a call from the manager. Awkward doesn’t begin to describe those calls. How do you tell a guy (your direct manager no less) 500 miles away that he’s an incompetent peckerhead and has no clue what his department does?
    Used to love it when people who haven't been in the shit, tell you what to do in the shit. Zero respect on this end. Out.
    Quin-a-se-i-co

You're a dick for putting ian on "ignore" DIF

"You stupid fuck!" Seen

"Well if you saw it, stats and scientific studies be damned!" Lovemachine 97 v. 2.

" that's so pussy ass" Brook.

17. The Following 2 Members Like This Post: