Save
Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 293637383940 LastLast
    Last Online

10.08.19 @ 04:41 PM
    Liked 1,160 Times in 617 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    we prefer the term super intelligent.

We prefer the term, go fuck yourself. So I was gonna ask. How did the vacation go with the family? Out.
    Quin-a-se-i-co

You're a dick for putting ian on "ignore" DIF

"You stupid fuck!" Seen

"Well if you saw it, stats and scientific studies be damned!" Lovemachine 97 v. 2.

" that's so pussy ass" Brook.

2. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Atomic Punk Get The Show On The Road's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

10.13.19 @ 08:55 PM
    Liked 16,689 Times in 8,790 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by japeape View Post
    My recollection was that he was pretty restrained, despite being piled on.

He often stated he did not hate America, but was reacting to our policies and how they
    affected the rest of the world.

The reaction was: You don't come from here, so who gives a fuck about your opinion?

Pretty harsh.
    Go through the Trump thread and read the stuff he wrote about Trump and the people who voted for him. Then get back to me if you feel he didn't deserve the responses he got.

And they were posts that were not replies to any other post, just crap he wanted to spew.

There's a Contrails guy that does the same thing and gets ignored for the most part.
    The only genre I really know is Van Halen.

4. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

10.14.19 @ 04:36 AM
    Liked 4,583 Times in 2,033 Posts

Premium Member

we prefer the term super intelligent.
    Mike the little people consider calling ourselves super intelligent arrogant. I do not get it either but just relaying the info

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

10.14.19 @ 04:42 AM
    Liked 11,571 Times in 6,470 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darrin Stephens View Post
    Mike the little people consider calling ourselves super intelligent arrogant. I do not get it either but just relaying the info

we got midgets on the forum?

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

Premium Member

we got midgets on the forum?
    I wish, love tossing them. I got into the movie business because of tossing the same perverted drunk midget. By far craziest start to any business I've been in.

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

10.14.19 @ 04:42 AM
    Liked 11,571 Times in 6,470 Posts

I just feel like there's always at least one guy that get's targeted.

Recently, it's been VH1986.

The mentality seems to be, in these threads:
    If you don't agree with us, keep out.

Just wish there was a wider range of views expressed, sometimes.
    Sometimes that happens but I'm guessing that 95% of the time it's because these are people begging for fights. Not sure about VH1986 specifically but whenever someone gets piled on it's because they come in with insults from their first post. As you noted I'd way left of most of the guys here, way left. But I'm not gonna call Show an idiot because we disagree on education funding, I'm not gonna Brook an a-hole because we disagree on foreign policy, not gonna call LM a moron because we are completely opposed on min wage and immigration policy. We're adults. I wouldn't call them names like that if we met face to face so I won't do it here either. If people from the left side begin civil I imagine they'll get civil responses. I'm actually disappointed more from the left do this as it would be nice to have substantial debate and I'm often alone against all these morons, a-holes and idiots on the right.

9. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Atomic Punk Get The Show On The Road's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

10.13.19 @ 08:55 PM
    Liked 16,689 Times in 8,790 Posts

Premium Member

Sometimes that happens but I'm guessing that 95% of the time it's because these are people begging for fights. Not sure about VH1986 specifically but whenever someone gets piled on it's because they come in with insults from their first post. As you noted I'd way left of most of the guys here, way left. But I'm not gonna call Show an idiot because we disagree on education funding, I'm not gonna Brook an a-hole because we disagree on foreign policy, not gonna call LM a moron because we are completely opposed on min wage and immigration policy. We're adults. I wouldn't call them names like that if we met face to face so I won't do it here either. If people from the left side begin civil I imagine they'll get civil responses. I'm actually disappointed more from the left do this as it would be nice to have substantial debate and I'm often alone against all these morons, a-holes and idiots on the right.
    LOL, LM and I get into it all the time too and I don't think I've ever called him an asshole or moron and I don't think he's done that to me either.

Pride of Pasadena is another left leaning poster who's visited here on occasion and I don't think he's gotten that treatment either. Of course he doesn't behave like that in the first place so again that's why he doesn't get that type of treatment.
    The only genre I really know is Van Halen.

11. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Love Walks In
    Last Online

10.13.19 @ 06:06 PM
    Liked 276 Times in 188 Posts

I just feel like there's always at least one guy that get's targeted.

Recently, it's been VH1986.

The mentality seems to be, in these threads:
    If you don't agree with us, keep out.

Just wish there was a wider range of views expressed, sometimes.
    Jape, thank you for your observations and comments. I'm sure we don't agree on everything, but I respect you and the way you handle yourself.

I am man enough to own my insults, but I contend that they are always in response to the trio that begin or end every critique of and reply to my posts with "liberal idiot, liberal moron, or liberal imbecile." I need to remember that people like that closed up shop in their minds and hearts long ago. It's a waste of my time and beneath me to engage such people.

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

10.14.19 @ 04:55 AM
    Liked 18,387 Times in 10,483 Posts

Premium Member

Perfect example right there. Since day1 this guy has had this attitude that his opinion above everyone else’s. And you’re lying, 86/88, you’ve never been greeted with insults unless you brought it first.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

14. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

10.14.19 @ 04:02 AM
    Liked 6,566 Times in 3,411 Posts

Nobody has an issue with a liberal person or a person with a liberal idea.

Its all in the presentation. You also have to know your audience. Yes this site is probably center right but that's because its filled with middle aged white heterosexual males who despite music trends still love VH. Now I am sure if you go to an Elvis Costello board, you will find that site to be center left. If you start coming in hunting for bear, well the bear may be coming back. There are several opposing ideas that are left in nature that are presented by Its Mike or LoveMachine for example. You know how many studies LM has posted that support his pro immigration stance? :-) Alot. However he doesn't start calling out privilege, or saying people are racist. He brings numbers and what he believes are facts. It's MIke is high on maple syrup half the time and he is definitely center left. Never heard an insult from him. Darrin is definitely not a conservative. Hell he worked for Booker if I can remember. Always mature. Dave's Dreidel thinks Trump is a freaking idiot and a misogynist yet he gets called out.

When arguing try not to be emotional. Most of the time that's not the case from center left people. If anybody today is under fire its being a white conservative. Geez you know how many times I have been called racist because i said I voted for Trump? Meanwhile I spent about 4 hours with my lovely granddaughter who happens to have a black mother. Oh also found out that my step son who helps run his father's company is being sued because he terminated an employee. Charges of racism because it was a black employee. Kind of funny when he has been living with his girlfriend for 5 years who is black and has a child with her. Yeah that should go far,.

16. The Following 4 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

10.14.19 @ 03:24 AM
    Liked 26,399 Times in 13,318 Posts

Premium Member

You act like an asshole, you get treated like an asshole.

Pretty simple.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

18. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

II & WACF
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL & Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

10.13.19 @ 08:11 PM
    Liked 12,297 Times in 6,720 Posts

I don't think 86 is an asshole, though.

He & i have very different takes on what the mighty VH was/is, but i never felt
    provoked by him.

But, of course, Politics & Religion are a different animal.
    Graver, Walking Ed, refugee from CVH & proud tone chaser...

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by ziggysmalls View Post
    Nobody has an issue with a liberal person or a person with a liberal idea.

Its all in the presentation. You also have to know your audience. Yes this site is probably center right but that's because its filled with middle aged white heterosexual males who despite music trends still love VH. Now I am sure if you go to an Elvis Costello board, you will find that site to be center left. If you start coming in hunting for bear, well the bear may be coming back. There are several opposing ideas that are left in nature that are presented by Its Mike or LoveMachine for example. You know how many studies LM has posted that support his pro immigration stance? :-) Alot. However he doesn't start calling out privilege, or saying people are racist. He brings numbers and what he believes are facts. It's MIke is high on maple syrup half the time and he is definitely center left. Never heard an insult from him. Darrin is definitely not a conservative. Hell he worked for Booker if I can remember. Always mature. Dave's Dreidel thinks Trump is a freaking idiot and a misogynist yet he gets called out.

When arguing try not to be emotional. Most of the time that's not the case from center left people. If anybody today is under fire its being a white conservative. Geez you know how many times I have been called racist because i said I voted for Trump? Meanwhile I spent about 4 hours with my lovely granddaughter who happens to have a black mother. Oh also found out that my step son who helps run his father's company is being sued because he terminated an employee. Charges of racism because it was a black employee. Kind of funny when he has been living with his girlfriend for 5 years who is black and has a child with her. Yeah that should go far,.
    Oh man you called me mature and my post before was on midget tossing. See you can't give me a compliment without me fucking it up. Thanks anyway

21. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

10.14.19 @ 04:55 AM
    Liked 18,387 Times in 10,483 Posts

Premium Member

AOC backs progressive trying to oust fellow Democratic lawmaker
    Alex Seitz-Wald

4 hrs ago

WASHINGTON — New York Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is the latest high-profile Democrat to take the unusual step of opposing one of her colleagues' reelections by endorsing a progressive challenger to Illinois Democratic Rep. Dan Lipinski.

Ocasio-Cortez, who herself defeated a long-serving Democrat in a primary, backed insurgent Marie Newman on Tuesday against Lipinksi, a moderate who has broken with party orthodoxy on abortion and other issues while representing a Democratic-leaning district in Chicago.

"I am thrilled to receive the endorsement of Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez," Newman said in a statement. "Her unwavering dedication to fighting for social, climate and economic justice is a true inspiration."

Ocasio-Cortez joins some of the country's most prominent progressive names in backing Newman, including presidential candidates Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., and Sen. Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass., Rep. Ro Khanna, D-Calif., and liberal groups like Planned Parenthood, Emily's List, MoveOn, and Indivisible.

Newman challenged Lipinski last year and fell short, but quickly declared she would run again in 2020.

In the re-match, Newman has garnered institutional support quicker than she did in 2018, but Lipinski is also better prepared for the challenge and vowed to fight hard.

Lipinski's office did not immediately return a request for comment.

The congressman has the backing of party campaign leaders in Washington, who have threatened to blacklist any vendors who do work for Newman's campaign.

High-profile Democratic primaries are becoming more common, thanks in part to the attention garnered by Ocasio-Cortez and others, although the New York lawmaker herself has not been as quick to support primary challenges as some expected she would.

"We are so proud that Marie Newman is the first Justice Democrat of this cycle to receive an endorsement from Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez," said Alexandra Rojas, the executive director of Justice Democrats, which has supported many of the anti-establishment primary bids. "The momentum is growing in our movement to make the Democratic Party fight for solutions as big as the problems we face and create a party of voters, not corporate donors."

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...Ien?ocid=ientp

WOW
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

10.13.19 @ 06:33 PM
    Liked 2,272 Times in 1,541 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post

AOC backs progressive trying to oust fellow Democratic lawmaker
    Alex Seitz-Wald

4 hrs ago

WASHINGTON — New York Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is the latest high-profile Democrat to take the unusual step of opposing one of her colleagues' reelections by endorsing a progressive challenger to Illinois Democratic Rep. Dan Lipinski.

Ocasio-Cortez, who herself defeated a long-serving Democrat in a primary, backed insurgent Marie Newman on Tuesday against Lipinksi, a moderate who has broken with party orthodoxy on abortion and other issues while representing a Democratic-leaning district in Chicago.

"I am thrilled to receive the endorsement of Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez," Newman said in a statement. "Her unwavering dedication to fighting for social, climate and economic justice is a true inspiration."

Ocasio-Cortez joins some of the country's most prominent progressive names in backing Newman, including presidential candidates Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., and Sen. Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass., Rep. Ro Khanna, D-Calif., and liberal groups like Planned Parenthood, Emily's List, MoveOn, and Indivisible.

Newman challenged Lipinski last year and fell short, but quickly declared she would run again in 2020.

In the re-match, Newman has garnered institutional support quicker than she did in 2018, but Lipinski is also better prepared for the challenge and vowed to fight hard.

Lipinski's office did not immediately return a request for comment.

The congressman has the backing of party campaign leaders in Washington, who have threatened to blacklist any vendors who do work for Newman's campaign.

High-profile Democratic primaries are becoming more common, thanks in part to the attention garnered by Ocasio-Cortez and others, although the New York lawmaker herself has not been as quick to support primary challenges as some expected she would.

"We are so proud that Marie Newman is the first Justice Democrat of this cycle to receive an endorsement from Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez," said Alexandra Rojas, the executive director of Justice Democrats, which has supported many of the anti-establishment primary bids. "The momentum is growing in our movement to make the Democratic Party fight for solutions as big as the problems we face and create a party of voters, not corporate donors."

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...Ien?ocid=ientp

WOW
    I’d love to see her in a debate. She’d get destroyed by anyone with half a brain.