Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 31011121314151623 ... LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

II & WACF
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL & Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

08.19.19 @ 01:39 PM
    Liked 11,943 Times in 6,518 Posts

She seems clueless about a lot of things, but then hits the nail on the head on
    a couple issues.

But if she wasn't young, attractive & outspoken, would she even register?
    Graver, Walking Ed, refugee from CVH & proud tone chaser...

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

08.19.19 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 17,688 Times in 10,034 Posts

Premium Member

Ocasio-Cortez says growing cauliflower in community gardens is 'colonial'

Lukas Mikelionis 9 hours ago

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez said Sunday that growing cauliflower in community gardens is part of the “colonial” attitudes that her Green New Deal will stamp out.

The New York Democrat, who introduced the proposal to tackle climate change by radically transforming the economy, posted a series of Instagram videos filmed in her home state talking about community gardens as a “core component” of her proposal.

“What I love too is growing plants that are culturally familiar to the community. It’s so important,” she said as she filmed a community garden in the Bronx.

“So that’s really how you do it right. That is such a core component of the Green New Deal is having all of these projects make sense in a cultural context, and it’s an area that we get the most pushback on because people say, ‘Why do you need to do that? That’s too hard.’”

She went on to add that growing cauliflower in such gardens is a “colonial approach” and the reason communities of color oppose environmentalist movements.

“But when you really think about it -- when someone says that it’s ‘too hard’ to do a green space that grows Yucca instead of, I don’t know, cauliflower or something -- what you’re doing is you’re taking a colonial approach to environmentalism,” Ocasio-Cortez said.

“That is why a lot of communities of color get resistant to certain environmentalist movements because they come with the colonial lens on them.”

Ocasio-Cortez has emerged as the key Democratic voice on how to tackle climate change, going as far as to slam leading presidential candidate Joe Biden over reports that he’s exploring a “middle-ground” approach to tackling the issue.

But the latest Instagram stories aren’t the first time Ocasio-Cortez linked climate change and the oppression of communities of color.

Last month, the freshman Democrat said the migrant crisis is due to climate change, adding that if the U.S. doesn’t pass legislation addressing climate change, the U.S. would “have blood on our hands.”

“The far-right loves to drum up fear & resistance to immigrants,” she tweeted. “But have you ever noticed they never talk about what‘s causing people to flee their homes in the first place? Perhaps that’s bc they’d be forced to confront 1 major factor fueling global migration: Climate change.”

“I think what we have laid out here is a very clear moral problem,” she said at the House Oversight Committee. “If we fail to act or if we delay in acting, we will have blood on our hands.”

Senate Democrats in March failed to reach the 60 votes necessary to begin debate on the Green New Deal proposal, with 42 Democrats and Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., voting “present.” The lawmakers said they didn’t vote for the proposal because it was brought to a vote by Republican Senate Majority Leader for political purposes.

Ocasio-Cortez also said in February that “there is no justice and there is no combating climate change without addressing what has happened to indigenous communities… That means that there is no fixing our economy without addressing the racial wealth gap.”

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/oca...lower-colonial
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

II & WACF
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL & Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez said Sunday that growing cauliflower in community gardens is part of the “colonial” attitudes that her Green New Deal will stamp out.

The New York Democrat, who introduced the proposal to tackle climate change by radically transforming the economy, posted a series of Instagram videos filmed in her home state talking about community gardens as a “core component” of her proposal.

“What I love too is growing plants that are culturally familiar to the community. It’s so important,” she said as she filmed a community garden in the Bronx.

“So that’s really how you do it right. That is such a core component of the Green New Deal is having all of these projects make sense in a cultural context, and it’s an area that we get the most pushback on because people say, ‘Why do you need to do that? That’s too hard.’”

She went on to add that growing cauliflower in such gardens is a “colonial approach” and the reason communities of color oppose environmentalist movements.

“But when you really think about it -- when someone says that it’s ‘too hard’ to do a green space that grows Yucca instead of, I don’t know, cauliflower or something -- what you’re doing is you’re taking a colonial approach to environmentalism,” Ocasio-Cortez said.

“That is why a lot of communities of color get resistant to certain environmentalist movements because they come with the colonial lens on them.”

Ocasio-Cortez has emerged as the key Democratic voice on how to tackle climate change, going as far as to slam leading presidential candidate Joe Biden over reports that he’s exploring a “middle-ground” approach to tackling the issue.

But the latest Instagram stories aren’t the first time Ocasio-Cortez linked climate change and the oppression of communities of color.

Last month, the freshman Democrat said the migrant crisis is due to climate change, adding that if the U.S. doesn’t pass legislation addressing climate change, the U.S. would “have blood on our hands.”

“The far-right loves to drum up fear & resistance to immigrants,” she tweeted. “But have you ever noticed they never talk about what‘s causing people to flee their homes in the first place? Perhaps that’s bc they’d be forced to confront 1 major factor fueling global migration: Climate change.”

“I think what we have laid out here is a very clear moral problem,” she said at the House Oversight Committee. “If we fail to act or if we delay in acting, we will have blood on our hands.”

Senate Democrats in March failed to reach the 60 votes necessary to begin debate on the Green New Deal proposal, with 42 Democrats and Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., voting “present.” The lawmakers said they didn’t vote for the proposal because it was brought to a vote by Republican Senate Majority Leader for political purposes.

Ocasio-Cortez also said in February that “there is no justice and there is no combating climate change without addressing what has happened to indigenous communities… That means that there is no fixing our economy without addressing the racial wealth gap.”

Man, i wanna worship at the altar of her Hoo-Hah.
    I would go down on that girl for hours, no lie.

Atomic Punk Get The Show On The Road's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

08.19.19 @ 08:24 PM
    Liked 16,095 Times in 8,457 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by japeape View Post
    Man, i wanna worship at the altar of her Hoo-Hah.
    I would go down on that girl for hours, no lie.
    The only genre I really know is Van Halen.

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

08.20.19 @ 01:04 AM
    Liked 26,008 Times in 13,126 Posts

Premium Member

And Democrats wonder why people don't vote for them. When planting one vegetable over another is colonialism, you have officially jumped the fucking shark.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

08.20.19 @ 12:58 AM
    Liked 3,727 Times in 2,277 Posts

Premium Member

Compost has always been big with liberals.
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

Favorite VH Album

Chickenfoot III
    Favorite VH Song

Different Devil
    Last Online

08.19.19 @ 01:26 PM
    Liked 1,054 Times in 661 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Pocahontas and The Bartender scold 'Game of Thrones' finale for not serving their identity politics preferences

They gave a predictable reading of the show

https://www.theblaze.com/news/aoc-an...ame-of-thrones
    Sammy did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    Michael did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    --------------------------
    IAMA I am a stage hand for big mainstream artists. (self.IAmA)

Q: who was the biggest douche that you have worked with?

A: Eddie Van Halen hands down he threatened all the stage hands that if we wernt all pushed to the side when he got off stage that he would "bash our faces in"

Now the new David-Lee-Roth-Van Halen album, “Tokyo Dome In Concert,” is available for purchase, and it’s super, super, super, super, super, super, crazy bad. - Doug Elfman

Favorite VH Album

Chickenfoot III
    Favorite VH Song

Different Devil
    Last Online

08.19.19 @ 01:26 PM
    Liked 1,054 Times in 661 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    And Democrats wonder why people don't vote for them. When planting one vegetable over another is colonialism, you have officially jumped the fucking shark.
    No ideas, other than creating victim after victim, no matter how stupidly they can do it.
    Sammy did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    Michael did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    --------------------------
    IAMA I am a stage hand for big mainstream artists. (self.IAmA)

Q: who was the biggest douche that you have worked with?

A: Eddie Van Halen hands down he threatened all the stage hands that if we wernt all pushed to the side when he got off stage that he would "bash our faces in"

Now the new David-Lee-Roth-Van Halen album, “Tokyo Dome In Concert,” is available for purchase, and it’s super, super, super, super, super, super, crazy bad. - Doug Elfman

Favorite VH Album

II & WACF
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL & Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

A - adorable

O - opinionated

C - cute

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

Geez Jape, just rub one out already.

"He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic & Summer Nights
    Last Online

08.15.19 @ 06:46 PM
    Liked 312 Times in 172 Posts

Mine is a serious inquiry: for all that we've heard about her "Green New Deal" - has she ever presented a cogent, written, plan, or is it a string of rhetoric?
    "If only Eddie, Alex and Wolfgang had as much enthusiasm about Van Halen as Dave, Sammy and Mike do … " - I Coulda Hada VH

"I don't think he owes us, and I think few if any do. What we would like is for him to release music, since he is our favorite musician. It's a wish and a hope, not a critique." - Dave's Dreidel

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

08.19.19 @ 07:03 PM
    Liked 11,343 Times in 6,341 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NDL View Post
    Mine is a serious inquiry: for all that we've heard about her "Green New Deal" - has she ever presented a cogent, written, plan, or is it a string of rhetoric?
    there is a plan but it's not something her own party even takes seriously. This is unfortunate because the environment is a serious issue that needs serious answers and her's is not one.

Favorite VH Album

II & WACF
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL & Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

Geez Jape, just rub one out already.

Believe me, i have....(evil laugh)

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

Believe me, i have....(evil laugh)

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

08.19.19 @ 06:32 PM
    Liked 2,236 Times in 1,519 Posts

A - adorable

O - opinionated

C - cute
    Only A and C are not true.

AOC is subhuman. Just like the scum in Hollywood.