Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 37 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2734353637383940 ... LastLast
    Last Online

06.16.19 @ 08:41 PM
    Liked 3,465 Times in 2,154 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by RRvh1 View Post
    On CVH.com, I tried real hard to do my legit 'VH had more than one era', 'I like the Sammy stuff too', etc. The Roth only faction got burdensome, amongst other things, so I jumped ship.

Figured The Links was a great fit - it IS! - as it's a VH site, not regulated to any one era...
    Ironically, most of these guys aren't Roth only. The real Dave fans reside at the Army. Many of them used to post here, and some were stellar cats, intelligent and witty. A lot of them stopped posting here because a strange phenomenon happened when Dave and Ed decided to do business in 2006. A strange segment of fans who'd only ever seen Sammy Halen live suddenly became diehard Dave fans because it was their first opportunity to see Dave and Ed play together live. They didn't care that Mike had been replaced by Wolfie. The real Dave guys did, and still do. They were loyal to the OG lineup, and the OG lineup alone. No replacing anybody, including Dave. That's why it's important to distinguish the difference between Dave Halen guys and VH4 guys. Because VH4 guys don't care who's playing bass or drums. They just want to see Dave and Ed, and no Sammy, because Sammy's all they got when they came of age.

Most old schoolers here, including the real Dave guys, jumped ship because the constant ra ra of VH4/ADKOT, coupled with the trolling of anything other than that version of VH, got too frequent and abrasive to continue posting in a friendly environment.

There's still a few left, obviously, a number of mods and a few regular posters and a handful of occasional visitors...and sure, VH being on endless hiatus over and over doesn't help traffic obviously...but the great number of regulars whom used to post between hiatuses left...because of a handful of your old site refugees, and a few followers who hopped on their bandwagon in 2012 or later.

Last Online

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by JUNGLE DRUMMER View Post
    Yep pretty sad when one guy gets a free pass to make vile baseless accusations against multiple members and gets backing even over a mod. Pathetic.
    Nobody's backing me. It's just me. I don't need cronies to hand you your ass. I can do it all on my own.

And you know perfectly well it isn't baseless. Your friend was the dumbfuck who posts the Aryan bullshit. Not me. The only accusations I've made were easily proven.

Daisy seems to think you're pretty vile too. I imagine a number of folks do. Not everyone is as vocal about it as me.

But feel free to continue your temper tantrum tirade to get me banned so you can have your board back for you six kiddies. Maybe it'll work, who knows. But I'm not letting you forget your prejudice or your role in driving others away. And I'm sure your wife enjoys your tolerance of the R word.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the One
    Last Online

06.16.19 @ 09:12 AM
    Liked 1,643 Times in 882 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Van Squalen View Post
    Ironically, most of these guys aren't Roth only. The real Dave fans reside at the Army. Many of them used to post here, and some were stellar cats, intelligent and witty. A lot of them stopped posting here because a strange phenomenon happened when Dave and Ed decided to do business in 2006. A strange segment of fans who'd only ever seen Sammy Halen live suddenly became diehard Dave fans because it was their first opportunity to see Dave and Ed play together live. They didn't care that Mike had been replaced by Wolfie. The real Dave guys did, and still do. They were loyal to the OG lineup, and the OG lineup alone. No replacing anybody, including Dave. That's why it's important to distinguish the difference between Dave Halen guys and VH4 guys. Because VH4 guys don't care who's playing bass or drums. They just want to see Dave and Ed, and no Sammy, because Sammy's all they got when they came of age.

Most old schoolers here, including the real Dave guys, jumped ship because the constant ra ra of VH4/ADKOT, coupled with the trolling of anything other than that version of VH, got too frequent and abrasive to continue posting in a friendly environment.

There's still a few left, obviously, a number of mods and a few regular posters and a handful of occasional visitors...and sure, VH being on endless hiatus over and over doesn't help traffic obviously...but the great number of regulars whom used to post between hiatuses left...because of a handful of your old site refugees, and a few followers who hopped on their bandwagon in 2012 or later.
    Anyone else get the idea he practices these arguments in his basement. Angry Little Man.

4. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Last Online

Donor

But definitely not a Saxon fan.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the One
    Last Online

I imagine a number of folks do. Not everyone is as vocal about it as me.
    What he means is he has no idea at all and is just cherry-picking assumptions to suit the narrative he wants to paint.

7. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

06.17.19 @ 04:45 AM
    Liked 25,298 Times in 12,762 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    That's actually pretty funny. Childish but funny nonetheless.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    It made me chuckle.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the One
    Last Online

It wasn't just my friends you drove away.
    Can blow-up hamsters technically be called 'friends'?

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Premium Member

Fucking A Blofeld, you are on a roll.

Lol.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

11. The Following 5 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

WOMEN AND CHILDREN FIRST/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

EVERYBODY WANTS SOME!!
    Last Online

06.17.19 @ 05:50 AM
    Liked 12,870 Times in 6,979 Posts

Premium Member

Nobody's backing me. It's just me. I don't need cronies to hand you your ass. I can do it all on my own.

And you know perfectly well it isn't baseless. Your friend was the dumbfuck who posts the Aryan bullshit. Not me. The only accusations I've made were easily proven.

Daisy seems to think you're pretty vile too. I imagine a number of folks do. Not everyone is as vocal about it as me.

But feel free to continue your temper tantrum tirade to get me banned so you can have your board back for you six kiddies. Maybe it'll work, who knows. But I'm not letting you forget your prejudice or your role in driving others away. And I'm sure your wife enjoys your tolerance of the R word.
    Pretty sure Brett and several mods told you to knock it off with the baseless accusations.

And it's pretty sad when a respected MODERATOR, who you repeatedly attacked over his Catholicism of all things, is also forced to place you on ignore. That sets a real wonderful precedent for this place. Congratulations.

Last Online

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by JUNGLE DRUMMER View Post
    Pretty sure Brett and several mods told you to knock it off with the baseless accusations.

And it's pretty sad when a respected MODERATOR, who you repeatedly attacked over his Catholicism of all things, is also forced to place you on ignore. That sets a real wonderful precedent for this place. Congratulations.
    My accusations arenít baseless.

You have been told time and again to ignore me and you never do. You donít get to tell me to knock off when you ignore the mods constantly.

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

06.17.19 @ 05:06 AM
    Liked 16,842 Times in 9,521 Posts

Premium Member

That’s rich, eh? A fucking religious bigot throwing the racist label around.
    †"He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesnít really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

15. The Following 4 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Premium Member

I love how guys that are smaller than kindling talk like they are real life bad asses on the internet. I mean, I guess they could go buy a gun, any fool can pull a trigger.

17. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Constantly Changes
    Last Online

06.17.19 @ 04:55 AM
    Liked 752 Times in 429 Posts

Jesus

"Always hopeful, yet discontent,
    He knows changes aren't permanent
    But change is!"

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Premium Member

In other news, Norway admits that Canada's moose is bigger.

Mike, I didn't know you had it in you. I knew your wife married you for something...not your looks.

Favorite VH Album

WOMEN AND CHILDREN FIRST/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

EVERYBODY WANTS SOME!!
    Last Online

06.17.19 @ 05:50 AM
    Liked 12,870 Times in 6,979 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    I love how guys that are smaller than kindling talk like they are real life bad asses on the internet. I mean, I guess they could go buy a gun, any fool can pull a trigger.
    Ankle biters.