Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

02.19.19 @ 01:50 PM
    Liked 5,970 Times in 3,082 Posts

I do know that Dorsey has been wanting to sign him for about a month or so. He does draft or sign guys with character flaws so isn't really scared of that. He drafted him in the first place. I believe he thinks he knows the guy, can have heart to hearts, etc so he went out on a limb for him. That said the co-owner of the Browns is Dee Haslem and she has to sign off on any questionable hire. I really thought he was going to the Bears but supposedly he wanted to be here because he is from Cleveland which is bad because his old crew is here.

Concerning the crowded backfield, it probably will work out this way. He will be suspended probably 10 games or so. So he won't be coming in initially. Plus their Head Coach really was the guy who started to bring in parts of the wishbone that other teams used later in the season. So you could have Chubb and Hunt out there at the same time.

I am mixed on the signing but if they were going to do it, now is the time. Draft talk is heating up around the NFL with the combine weeks away. Free Agency as well so nationally it will be yesterdays news very soon.Locally though its insufferable. I hate the fact he beat a woman but as long as he serves a just punishment, well should he be banned his entire career? Difference with him and Rice is Rice was done. Had Rice had some juice, then teams would have put up with the negative PR. Just like Kap. If Kap was an above average QB who could lead you to the playoffs, he would be kneeling every week. The juice though isn't worth the squeeze.

Anyway will see if he learns from what he did.

2. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

02.19.19 @ 09:16 AM
    Liked 1,939 Times in 1,332 Posts

I'm not a fan of what he did, and he needs to be punished, but he also needs an opportunity to be redeemed. I would be willing to bet there are guys in the various sports leagues who have done worse, but since it wasn't caught on camera...

Needs to be on a very short leash, though.

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

02.19.19 @ 02:53 PM
    Liked 3,301 Times in 2,012 Posts

Premium Member

If there was video he would be working at Wal-Mart with Ray Rice.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by edwardv View Post
    If there was video he would be working at Wal-Mart with Ray Rice.

There is video and its what caused the Chiefs to cut him. He told the Chiefs one thing and the video disproved it. So he lied to them so they cut him.

The difference is that Hunt can still play at a high level. So teams were interested in signing him. The Bears were considered the team most likely to sign him because Nagy used to coach him. That said I think teams were waiting to see what suspension would be handed out before trying to sign him. He is still an ahole for hitting a woman and also getting into some other altercations with me. Its just that he has talent, is young and if one has worked with him (like Nagy or Dorsey) they may feel they can change him. its negative PR for sure but in a few weeks, there will be talk of 40 times, then Free Agents, etc. Then a suspension will be handed down and then it will be back to normal football talk.

Still mixed about it but if he straightens out then I will be all for it. Yeah I am a hypocrite because if he was signed by somebody else I would feel differently

6. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

02.19.19 @ 02:53 PM
    Liked 3,301 Times in 2,012 Posts

Premium Member

Is this video all over the net?
    I have not followed. But I have not seen it.

EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

I am not sure if its public but I do know that initially the Chiefs didn't see it. Then somehow they did and they immediately released him. Basically he lied about what occurred and there was proof of what happened.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

02.19.19 @ 01:23 PM
    Liked 15,291 Times in 6,623 Posts

Iím sure itís on TMZ.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

02.19.19 @ 09:04 AM
    Liked 23,790 Times in 12,007 Posts

Premium Member

At one point it was up all over the place. At Brett says, probably on TMZ.com.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

Favorite VH Album

The First One
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

02.19.19 @ 09:20 AM
    Liked 21,675 Times in 12,342 Posts

Premium Member

NFL = National Felon League
    "It's so lonely at the top because it's so crowded at the bottom" - Diamond David Lee Roth

"Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners" - George Carlin

"Women and Children First ... The REAL Van Halen III"

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

02.19.19 @ 09:04 AM
    Liked 23,790 Times in 12,007 Posts

Premium Member

The only problem I have with the Browns signing Kareem Hunt is that I wish the Redskins had done it first.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

Last Online

02.18.19 @ 04:48 PM
    Liked 3,081 Times in 1,623 Posts

IMO, all this recent National Anthem bullshit has just been a giant smokescreen diversion away from all the domestic abuse, major criminal complaints, and CTE talk that were building up around the NFL.

Good Enough
    Last Online

02.19.19 @ 02:38 PM
    Liked 2,678 Times in 1,263 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by noise next door View Post
    IMO, all this recent National Anthem bullshit has just been a giant smokescreen diversion away from all the domestic abuse, major criminal complaints, and CTE talk that were building up around the NFL.
    Not everything is a conspiracy, the NFL has certainly had its Hegel troubles, but cut the suspensions for week and enhancers, very few offenses are actually criminal. Percentage-wise, more incidents actually take place at your average work place than in the NFL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

I would say its been good for the shield to have distractions from CTE, etc but lets face it. How many average joes sit around the water cooler discussing CTE and the NFL? Nobody. Most people really don't get up in arms about a guy being pulled over for weed or even smacking around a girl. The media may and they may try to dominate the airwaves by discussing it but during the season you are worried about Sunday. If your team is good you talk about playoffs. If your team stinks you talk about firing the Head coach.

The reason why kneeling was dominating the convo is that it occurred every Sunday. You saw it on TV. You heard about it when watching CNN, MSNBC, ESPN, FoX, etc I don't think its even a distraction to the teams anymore. I mean when they made that rule change which never occurred there was some outrage but then nobody kneeled or if they did it wasn't shown. I do think the players know that it hurts them to support Kap than to simply shut up and play ball. So that's what they are doing

Hang 'Em High
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Bottoms Up!
    Last Online

02.18.19 @ 11:22 PM
    Liked 3,126 Times in 2,006 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ziggysmalls View Post
    I do know that Dorsey has been wanting to sign him for about a month or so. He does draft or sign guys with character flaws so isn't really scared of that. He drafted him in the first place. I believe he thinks he knows the guy, can have heart to hearts, etc so he went out on a limb for him. That said the co-owner of the Browns is Dee Haslem and she has to sign off on any questionable hire. I really thought he was going to the Bears but supposedly he wanted to be here because he is from Cleveland which is bad because his old crew is here.

Concerning the crowded backfield, it probably will work out this way. He will be suspended probably 10 games or so. So he won't be coming in initially. Plus their Head Coach really was the guy who started to bring in parts of the wishbone that other teams used later in the season. So you could have Chubb and Hunt out there at the same time.

I am mixed on the signing but if they were going to do it, now is the time. Draft talk is heating up around the NFL with the combine weeks away. Free Agency as well so nationally it will be yesterdays news very soon.Locally though its insufferable. I hate the fact he beat a woman but as long as he serves a just punishment, well should he be banned his entire career? Difference with him and Rice is Rice was done. Had Rice had some juice, then teams would have put up with the negative PR. Just like Kap. If Kap was an above average QB who could lead you to the playoffs, he would be kneeling every week. The juice though isn't worth the squeeze.

Anyway will see if he learns from what he did.
    I was thinking Dorsey, too. He drafted him, knows him, feels his apology is genuine.
    Maybe he's sincere. Hopefully, the rest of the league is getting the message. I'm sure Hunt was shitting his pants.

I think the big problem is two months later he's back in the league. Doesn't seem like much of a punishment.
    In the future, when a vid surfaces, it's gotta be gone for a year. After that we'll talk about a return. And teams can't be allowed to sign until the suspension is served.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

I agree that abuse like that should be a year long suspension. A no tolerance issue. First time one year. 2nd time life long. Providing there is proof.

I honestly didn't know how bad Hunts family was until the last few days. His dad is a known drug dealer who was just arrested selling crack. Bunch of family members are felons. I can't see it ending well with him being in Cleveland with all these bad influences just minutes away.