Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

02.16.19 @ 05:12 AM
    Liked 5,964 Times in 3,077 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PrideofPasadena View Post
    Uh, oh! That's got disaster written all over it.
    I didn't know anything about his family till you posted it.
    Dorsey is a good football guy, but he's gotta be careful drafting guys like that in the future.
    The Browns are young. The last thing they need is a locker room full of questionable character.
    Part of the reason why Chiefs have been good is because when Dorsey was there he drafted guys like Hunt and Hill. Character issue guys with talent. He drafted Calloway last year who popped for pot at the Combine. That's what he does. Yeah its risky and this could blow up but right now, the guy isn't allowed in the locker room and still has a suspension to serve. Lots can change a la Josh Gordon. As far as the locker room is concerned not really concerned about it since its owned by Mayfield and Landry. I know most view Mayfield as a dick, cocky arrogant price but he is already viewed as a leader on that team. Story broke this week about early in the year (prior to him starting) that one of their LB's was picking on an offensive player. He got into the LB"s face to set him straight and they almost came to blows. Anyway it opened everybodys eyes on the kid because he was willing to get his ass kicked to stand up for a guy on his side of the ball. A few other things happened over the year and he changed the culture in that locker room. He has Dorsey's ear as well so I imagine if Hunt is f'ing around, being a cancer, etc Baker will take care of it with the team or by informing Dorsey

I do like the pickup by Denver with Flacco. I by no means don't think he is anything but average but I think he wasn't used correctly in Baltimore.

Massachusetts by way of the Great State of New Jersey
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Changes with the day
    Last Online

02.15.19 @ 01:28 PM
    Liked 956 Times in 611 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by ziggysmalls View Post
    He got into the LB"s face to set him straight and they almost came to blows. Anyway it opened everybodys eyes on the kid because he was willing to get his ass kicked to stand up for a guy on his side of the ball.
    I f-cking love that story. Wish he was a Patriot. Apparently BB does too.

Favorite VH Album

=VH= II
    Last Online

02.16.19 @ 10:39 AM
    Liked 1,912 Times in 985 Posts

Elway trading for Joe Flacco. :/
    ☩ ☩ ☩

Good Enough
    Last Online

02.16.19 @ 10:21 AM
    Liked 2,678 Times in 1,263 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    Having a job in the NFL is a privilege. Hitting women......should immediately disqualify you for that with no return.
    So say heís an accountant, went to school, got his masters and became a CPA, then this happened, should he be completely banned from doing what he is trained for?

There should be legal ramifications, and because of the bad media he should be fired, but blackballed from never playing again? No I donít think so, give the opportunity to learn, grow and mature

No one is the same person at 30 that they were at 20, we all grow from the stupid things weíve done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

02.16.19 @ 07:10 AM
    Liked 23,752 Times in 11,987 Posts

Premium Member

I sometimes wonder how it would have played out in Denver if they hadn't traded away Tebow, just let him sit on the pine behind Manning, learn from him, keep working on his mechanics and see what he could have developed into.

No way he would have been worse than Osweiler, Simian and Lynch (I am sure I spelled some of those wrong).
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

6. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:

Good Enough
    Last Online

02.16.19 @ 10:21 AM
    Liked 2,678 Times in 1,263 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    I sometimes wonder how it would have played out in Denver if they hadn't traded away Tebow, just let him sit on the pine behind Manning, learn from him, keep working on his mechanics and see what he could have developed into.

No way he would have been worse than Osweiler, Simian and Lynch (I am sure I spelled some of those wrong).
    I donít think it would have been pretty with Tebow, he was a runner and by the next year defenses caught up with him. Those other QBs were much more suited to be QBs and still didnít learn from Manning. But Manning also isnít known as a teacher, quite the opposite. He hogged all the practice time and extra time and was known to give the cold shoulder to his backups, itís why none of them were ever even mediocre

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

02.16.19 @ 05:12 AM
    Liked 5,964 Times in 3,077 Posts

While I do harbor some hate towards Elway for The Drive, The Funble, etc its pretty amazing how he was labeled as a QB Whisperer because he landed a HOF QB who still had a little left in the tank. However since Manning left, he really seems to be throwing darts hoping one hits trip 20. I would rather have Flacco than Kennum but still its not a good look.

BTW glad to see that Kap thinks he is worth 20 million dollars a year to play in the AAF or whtaever its called. I thought he wanted a chance to play football?

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

02.16.19 @ 10:51 AM
    Liked 3,299 Times in 2,011 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post

Most people say you can't teach an NFL qb accuracy. Billy Kilmer had the ugliest pass I've ever saw in the NFL. He was a fierce competitor and turned into a decent qb. Different eras I suppose.
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

Massachusetts by way of the Great State of New Jersey
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Changes with the day
    Last Online

02.15.19 @ 01:28 PM
    Liked 956 Times in 611 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

I was of that same opinion on Tebow (that he could develop) until he didn't make it with the Pats. That team just loves football players, and if there was a way for him to contribute, they'd have found it.

11. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Atomic Punk Get The Show On The Road's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

02.16.19 @ 10:55 AM
    Liked 14,538 Times in 7,659 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by jrk5150 View Post
    I was of that same opinion on Tebow (that he could develop) until he didn't make it with the Pats. That team just loves football players, and if there was a way for him to contribute, they'd have found it.
    He could've still been playing in the league if he would have been willing to switch positions. He could have been a good fullback or tight end or linebacker.

His lack of accuracy and inability to throw with anticipation precluded him from ever developing into an NFL caliber QB.
    The only genre I really know is Van Halen.

13. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained, Hear About It Later
    Last Online

02.15.19 @ 03:04 PM
    Liked 2,748 Times in 1,881 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by edwardv View Post
    Most people say you can't teach an NFL qb accuracy. Billy Kilmer had the ugliest pass I've ever saw in the NFL. He was a fierce competitor and turned into a decent qb. Different eras I suppose.
    Different eras for sure.

Favorite VH Album

VH, WACF, FW, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight, Unchained, ITO
    Last Online

02.16.19 @ 07:43 AM
    Liked 142 Times in 88 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ziggysmalls View Post
    While I do harbor some hate towards Elway for The Drive, The Funble, etc its pretty amazing how he was labeled as a QB Whisperer because he landed a HOF QB who still had a little left in the tank. However since Manning left, he really seems to be throwing darts hoping one hits trip 20. I would rather have Flacco than Kennum but still its not a good look.

BTW glad to see that Kap thinks he is worth 20 million dollars a year to play in the AAF or whtaever its called. I thought he wanted a chance to play football?
    Elway was a great QB, but I don't think he is a Quarterback Whisperer. Manning fell into his lap and had enough left in the tank to deliver a Super Bowl for Elway and Company. Flacco is a lateral move at best from Keenum.

Favorite VH Album

VH, WACF, FW, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight, Unchained, ITO
    Last Online

02.16.19 @ 07:43 AM
    Liked 142 Times in 88 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Get The Show On The Road View Post
    He could've still been playing in the league if he would have been willing to switch positions. He could have been a good fullback or tight end or linebacker.

His lack of accuracy and inability to throw with anticipation precluded him from ever developing into an NFL caliber QB.
    I agree with all of this. Some guys are just better suited for the college game, especially at the QB position. Switching positions would have prolonged his NFL career, and the locker room and city that had him would have benefited from his winning attitude and character.

17. The Following Member Likes This Post: