Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Good Enough
    Last Online

04.21.19 @ 07:08 PM
    Liked 2,740 Times in 1,295 Posts

I love Van Halen, I love hearing the original six pack live but.....

Iíve seen enough of this version, Iíve heard the songs Iíve wanted to hear live, good seats are well north of $400 and average is still $150 ti hear the same stuff Iíve already heard?

If it was supporting a new album, or some kind of tangible release, then Iíd go

Another cash grab? Iíll pass

Iíve said it before, Iím fine with VH4, but to not have at least one show, or one song, or one album of the the original band, well VH never misses an opportunity to miss an opportunity

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Atomic Punk Get The Show On The Road's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

04.21.19 @ 03:30 PM
    Liked 15,064 Times in 7,920 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    Van Halen has always and will be my band. If they tour, than I am there. It really is that simple for me. Do I still get fired up to hear ATBL for the millionth time.....you bet.
    Same here.

Hearing and seeing my favorite rock music getting played in front of thousands through a 50,000 watt sound system or whatever it is with a wall of 5150 amps never gets old.

If they tour I will be there.
    The only genre I really know is Van Halen.

4. The Following Member Likes This Post:

NDL

Favorite VH Album

1986 - 1996
    Favorite VH Song

5150, Cabo Wabo
    Last Online

04.21.19 @ 02:06 PM
    Liked 1,344 Times in 904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JUNGLE DRUMMER View Post
    I was about 20 feet ft from Ed at the 2nd show of the tour at Ridgfield in 2015, and also saw open ing night at White River, from right in front of the soundboard. Sorry, I didn't see a bored or spiritless Ed.

While I hope we get new product, and of course would love to see the original band back together, the truth is that the day is coming when all these guys won't be physically able to play or possibly not even above ground. If they tour in 2019 and beyond, I will see them and know that I won't have to worry about having any regret about not seeing them for their last tour, whenever that may be.

Kudos to those that do, but I have ZERO interest in seeing Sam and Mike in the Circle. Sure they are enthusiastic, but for me, it's a pretty average band and average show.
    What Sammy & The Circle Show have you attended?
    Eddie Van Halen in 2012:

"ESQ: What are you going to do with all the material that you wrote with Sammy Hagar?

EVH: Oh, I hadn't thought about that. That's some great music. They're just on vacation, maybe. They're off to college and they're going their own way. Who knows?"

Favorite VH Album

1986 - 1996
    Favorite VH Song

5150, Cabo Wabo
    Last Online

I have zero interest in the current VH lineup and/or plans to attend their tour.

What would get me interested is either a Van Hagar reunion or BOBW tour. If they’re going to be a nostalgia act then I’d like to see the songs I’m nostalgic about being played.

Sammy & Mike Get my money as they consistently tour as they truly love performing and they continue to write and record new music.

It’s a sad state of affairs when a VH message board posters are not interested in a tour.

This is the corner Eddie has backed the band into.
    Eddie Van Halen in 2012:

"ESQ: What are you going to do with all the material that you wrote with Sammy Hagar?

EVH: Oh, I hadn't thought about that. That's some great music. They're just on vacation, maybe. They're off to college and they're going their own way. Who knows?"

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Constantly Changes
    Last Online

04.21.19 @ 05:18 PM
    Liked 480 Times in 302 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PrideofPasadena View Post
    Na, you're not alone. After three tours and one record it's bound to get stale, for some.

Personally, I'd like to see them....if it happens.
    Don't know if I'll have to extra cash to do so but I still would.
    It's really no different from The Stones. Its been a greatest hits tour for awhile now.
    Yeah, it's not gonna change much but it's still a good time if you can go.
    Big difference with The Stones is they are still out out new music...Blue & Lonesome is a terrific release...and they are currently working on a new album...plus they just toured Europe and are coming back to the States this Spring. Their stadium shows have predictable setlists, but if you ever get a chance to see them in a club (they still do surprise gigs in those) they play a lot of deep cuts...they are in the 70s and far from their prime, but seeing them in a club you really get to witness how good they are live. Well, at least I did. There’s a reason they’ve stayed around for 50 plus years and haven’t turned into Sha Na Na.

Edit...and they continually release stuff from their vault.
    Last edited by wombattt; 02.06.19 at 06:01 AM.
    "Always hopeful, yet discontent,
    He knows changes aren't permanent
    But change is!"

Hang 'Em High James in New York's Avatar
    Last Online

04.21.19 @ 04:47 PM
    Liked 3,053 Times in 1,052 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by VH1988 View Post
    It’s a sad state of affairs when a VH message board posters are not interested in a tour.
    Calm before the storm!
    The most important hour is always the present. The most significant person is precisely the one sitting across from you right now. The most necessary work is always love.
    - Meister Eckhart

9. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars, Dreams
    Last Online

04.18.19 @ 04:32 PM
    Liked 188 Times in 85 Posts

I saw VH in 2015 at the PNC Bank Arts Center in NJ. Eddie was super into the show and crowd. He even did a couple of his classic jumps and leaps. Honestly it was one of the best shows Iíve ever seen, and that takes out my VH fandom. Iím also a younger fan compared to some on the site, so just being able to see EVH and the band at all I would be cool with.

11. The Following 4 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

04.21.19 @ 04:59 PM
    Liked 16,338 Times in 9,230 Posts

Premium Member

It means Iím going to go see one of my favorite bands perform songs that I love in a live setting. Itís not like they play every year like other performers do. Iíll never get tired of going to live shows and rocking out.
    †"He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesnít really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

04.19.19 @ 07:40 AM
    Liked 3,520 Times in 1,740 Posts

Premium Member

If they tour, I'll be there. It gives me something to look forward to and great memories to look back on when I'm too old to go to concerts anymore (or, more likely, there aren't any acts that appeal to me anymore which is a horizon that is fast approaching). I'll go with my wife and maybe a couple of friends and we'll have a great fucking time, too.

If you give me the choice of sitting at home and watching another video on Youtube alone or plopping down a few hundred for the experience of seeing it live with 10,000 other people that love the band almost as much as me, it's an easy choice to make.

The fun won't last forever, gentlemen. Take advantage of it while you can.
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.

14. The Following 5 Members Like This Post:

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

04.09.19 @ 01:47 PM
    Liked 21 Times in 6 Posts

I'll go for a variety of reasons, nostalgia being one of them. I can remember spending much of my teenage years wishing that I was David Lee Roth. Say what you will about Current Dave, he's a rock star the likes of which we'll never see again in today's climate. As much as it pains me to admit it, it's obvious from recent photos and clips that he (and likely the rest of the band) is in the twilight of a colorful career. Everyone is in their mid to late 60's now and the window is closing rapidly. There's no blueprint for the graceful, logical end to a hard rock band's career. Atomic punks are hard to come by in their 70's. I want my teenage kids to experience a Van Halen show while everyone is sincere and capable. I don't follow a VH forum and check it everyday to say "Eh...I think I'll skip it." They are not going to mount any major tours after this. They are not going to reunite with Sammy. This is it. I'm just hoping that we get a stadium run followed by arenas. Forget all the personality drama. Forget all of the periods of inactivity and seeming indifference. Just buy a ticket and go for the music...possibly for the last time.

16. The Following 4 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Push comes to shove
    Last Online

04.21.19 @ 05:38 PM
    Liked 1,300 Times in 805 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

I will go--I have seen em 8 times since 2008...I will probably only go to the show nearest me
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

ďA patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government.Ē

18. The Following Member Likes This Post:

NDL

Favorite VH Album

1986 - 1996
    Favorite VH Song

5150, Cabo Wabo
    Last Online

“They are not going to reunite with Sammy.”

Personally this is why I don’t attend.

I totally understand classic fans being underwhelmed from 86-95 as that lineup barely played their fave tunes live. Sammy has gone on record saying that was the biggest mistake the band made. As a fan who became a fanatic in 1989, the current lineup just isn’t the band I love. I owned 1984 as a casual fan but it was OU812 that did it for me. So I went back to discover the 6 pack after becoming obsessed with OU812 then 5150 then Live Without A Net.

Now Eddie is an incredible talent but I’ve seen what he can do. He doesn’t evolve.

I’ve seen 27 Van Halen concerts so I’m not concerned about seeing them one last time. I decided I was done seeing them live after the 2012 tour. As the years go by and they continue to ignore my era even happened I’m less inclined to support them.
    Eddie Van Halen in 2012:

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

04.21.19 @ 06:28 PM
    Liked 24,709 Times in 12,464 Posts

Premium Member

I'll go, just to share it with my kids. But I still think it isn't a foregone conclusion that they are touring again, this year or ever.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

21. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

04.21.19 @ 06:03 PM
    Liked 15,720 Times in 6,831 Posts

Default :::What Does It Mean To You, If VH Tours This Summer?

I would go if I could get cheap tickets through Groupon like I did last time. Iíve seen the band so many times it honestly just has to be convenient at this point with this lineup.

Iím not big into going to concerts anymore anyway. Itís pain in the ass to park, to get in, the prices, and I think Iím just over that after a billion concerts. But if itís a band I really love or really want to see then Iíll do it.

I donít know that I truthfully want to go through that to see this lineup again.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

23. The Following 5 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

04.21.19 @ 05:54 PM
    Liked 3,444 Times in 2,097 Posts

Premium Member

I get sticker shock looking at concert tickets nowadays.
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

25. The Following 3 Members Like This Post: