Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Fools Cover

  1. #1
    Atomic Punk Get The Show On The Road's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.05.12
    Age
    44
    Location
    6300 feet above sea level
    Posts
    17,156
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

    I'm The One
    Last Online

    11.12.19 @ 08:54 AM
    Likes
    27,114
    Liked 16,983 Times in 8,950 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default Fools Cover

    I did this one right after In A Simple Rhyme. I was excited to finally find my WACF disc! I fucked up the end of the solo where I forgot that the key changed from G to A but oh well, that's the way it goes some times. I put a lot of my own stuff in there, just kind of wailing a bit...

    The only genre I really know is Van Halen.


  2. #2
    Good Enough
    Join Date
    11.05.14
    Posts
    2,604
    Last Online

    11.12.19 @ 02:52 AM
    Likes
    1,220
    Liked 2,946 Times in 1,405 Posts

    Default

    One of my favorite VH songs, probably top 3, done justice and done well. Good job


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. The Following Member Likes This Post:


  4. #3
    Atomic Punk Get The Show On The Road's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.05.12
    Age
    44
    Location
    6300 feet above sea level
    Posts
    17,156
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

    I'm The One
    Last Online

    11.12.19 @ 08:54 AM
    Likes
    27,114
    Liked 16,983 Times in 8,950 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mean Streets View Post
    One of my favorite VH songs, probably top 3, done justice and done well. Good job


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks!

    It's funny, WACF gets a lot of love around here and I'm thinking "Yeah, its okay."

    Then I listened to it after not hearing it for a while and I thought, "Okay, it's pretty damn good."

    I swear VHI through 1984 is like one long album to me and ranking them is a fruitless endeavour. My favorite is probably the last one I listened to.
    The only genre I really know is Van Halen.

  5. The Following Member Likes This Post:


  6. #4
    Good Enough
    Join Date
    11.05.14
    Posts
    2,604
    Last Online

    11.12.19 @ 02:52 AM
    Likes
    1,220
    Liked 2,946 Times in 1,405 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Get The Show On The Road View Post
    Thanks!

    It's funny, WACF gets a lot of love around here and I'm thinking "Yeah, its okay."

    Then I listened to it after not hearing it for a while and I thought, "Okay, it's pretty damn good."

    I swear VHI through 1984 is like one long album to me and ranking them is a fruitless endeavour. My favorite is probably the last one I listened to.
    Thatís me too, my favorite song and album is often the last one I blasted. I didnít appreciate WACF until I hit my 20ís, fir whatever reason it was like discovering a new album again

    On a separate note, Fools is no easy endeavor to tackle, you nailed it man


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. The Following Member Likes This Post:


  8. #5
    Atomic Punk
    Join Date
    10.28.12
    Location
    Mean Street
    Posts
    7,334
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Bottoms Up!
    Last Online

    09.27.19 @ 09:08 PM
    Likes
    5,382
    Liked 4,111 Times in 2,567 Posts

    Default

    Good stuff, Show. Diggin' some of your fills.

  9. The Following Member Likes This Post:


  10. #6
    Atomic Punk JUNGLE DRUMMER's Avatar
    Join Date
    04.20.07
    Age
    45
    Posts
    14,452
    Favorite VH Album

    WOMEN AND CHILDREN FIRST/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

    EVERYBODY WANTS SOME!!
    Last Online

    11.12.19 @ 10:52 AM
    Likes
    48,723
    Liked 13,959 Times in 7,594 Posts

    Default

    Ha, nice! Another fav. Lol, watching you jump around in your house jamming CVH like you're back onstage always reaffirms my belief that you and I would have a blast jamming together. Especially in my newly constructedand painted drum room out in the shop.

  11. The Following Member Likes This Post:


  12. #7
    Atomic Punk
    Join Date
    02.13.11
    Location
    Ontari-ari-ari-o!
    Posts
    20,910
    Favorite VH Album

    1984
    Favorite VH Song

    Panama
    Last Online

    11.12.19 @ 09:21 AM
    Likes
    8,116
    Liked 9,148 Times in 6,583 Posts

    Default

    I liked that, Show!
    Some neat jamming for sure. Impressive ad libs and fills. Did you get the palm sliding/slurred harmonics idea from that Band Camp guy who covered Fools? Not a criticism, just a question. I thought he kicked ass!

    Very cool version you played.
    "There's too many people on this basketball that's floating around the sun, who are too afraid to allow themselves to FEEL" - Edward Van Halen
    "Van Halen was never about the singer..." - A very wise fan.
    "Embrace the past. Live in the moment but keep your eyes on the future, and keep on moving forward..." - Richie Sambora

  13. The Following Member Likes This Post:


  14. #8
    Emperor of VHLinks.com Brett's Avatar
    Join Date
    09.02.99
    Age
    48
    Location
    Somewhere Near LA
    Posts
    74,037
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained
    Last Online

    11.12.19 @ 09:02 AM
    Likes
    2,203
    Liked 16,809 Times in 7,397 Posts

    Default

    Good job Grizzly Adams!
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

    Check Out My YouTube Guitar Videos!
    http://www.youtube.com/banoneguitar
    Direct Link To Subscribe To My Channel!
    http://www.youtube.com/banoneguitar?sub_confirmation=1

  15. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:


  16. #9
    Atomic Punk Get The Show On The Road's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.05.12
    Age
    44
    Location
    6300 feet above sea level
    Posts
    17,156
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

    I'm The One
    Last Online

    11.12.19 @ 08:54 AM
    Likes
    27,114
    Liked 16,983 Times in 8,950 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RRvh1 View Post
    I liked that, Show!
    Some neat jamming for sure. Impressive ad libs and fills. Did you get the palm sliding/slurred harmonics idea from that Band Camp guy who covered Fools? Not a criticism, just a question. I thought he kicked ass!

    Very cool version you played.

    No, I haven't seen that. It's just an "Eddieism" that I threw in there. I didn't even really think about it, I just kind of did it. LOL!

    I'll have to check that out.
    The only genre I really know is Van Halen.

  17. #10
    Atomic Punk Get The Show On The Road's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.05.12
    Age
    44
    Location
    6300 feet above sea level
    Posts
    17,156
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

    I'm The One
    Last Online

    11.12.19 @ 08:54 AM
    Likes
    27,114
    Liked 16,983 Times in 8,950 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JUNGLE DRUMMER View Post
    Ha, nice! Another fav. Lol, watching you jump around in your house jamming CVH like you're back onstage always reaffirms my belief that you and I would have a blast jamming together. Especially in my newly constructedand painted drum room out in the shop.
    LOL, yeah, I need to make a trip to the Great Northwest with my guitar!

    Yeah, I mean there's just something about playing guitar that makes me get up and move. I can't just sit there. I see some of these guys on Youtube and their playing is impressive, but they just sit there. I can't really do that, I need to move around a little. It probably compromises my playing to a certain degree but that's okay for me its all about having fun and still staying young.

    I remember in VH Rising where Gene Simmons or someone was talking about Van Halen playing to like 10 people and they were acting like they were playing at Madison Square Garden. Well, its not an act and that always stuck with me, the passion for playing shouldn't matter if you're in your basement, at some dive bar, or at the L.A. Coliseum. I hope a little of that comes across with me too.
    The only genre I really know is Van Halen.

  18. The Following Member Likes This Post:


  19. #11
    Hang 'Em High noise next door's Avatar
    Join Date
    07.03.03
    Posts
    5,668
    Last Online

    11.11.19 @ 10:04 AM
    Likes
    948
    Liked 3,375 Times in 1,783 Posts

    Default

    Killer...
    Nice performance energy on this one!

  20. The Following Member Likes This Post:


  21. #12
    Good Enough
    Join Date
    05.11.14
    Posts
    2,363
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

    I'm the One
    Last Online

    07.21.19 @ 09:13 AM
    Likes
    1,606
    Liked 1,657 Times in 889 Posts

    Default

    Keep having fun, dude.

  22. The Following Member Likes This Post:


  23. #13
    Atomic Punk JUNGLE DRUMMER's Avatar
    Join Date
    04.20.07
    Age
    45
    Posts
    14,452
    Favorite VH Album

    WOMEN AND CHILDREN FIRST/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

    EVERYBODY WANTS SOME!!
    Last Online

    11.12.19 @ 10:52 AM
    Likes
    48,723
    Liked 13,959 Times in 7,594 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Get The Show On The Road View Post
    LOL, yeah, I need to make a trip to the Great Northwest with my guitar!

    Yeah, I mean there's just something about playing guitar that makes me get up and move. I can't just sit there. I see some of these guys on Youtube and their playing is impressive, but they just sit there. I can't really do that, I need to move around a little. It probably compromises my playing to a certain degree but that's okay for me its all about having fun and still staying young.

    I remember in VH Rising where Gene Simmons or someone was talking about Van Halen playing to like 10 people and they were acting like they were playing at Madison Square Garden. Well, its not an act and that always stuck with me, the passion for playing shouldn't matter if you're in your basement, at some dive bar, or at the L.A. Coliseum. I hope a little of that comes across with me too.
    Yep it definitely comes across with you, and I'm the same way. With everything I've added to my kit over the years, and with my poster of Alex whaling away on his FW kit hanging on the wall, it's fun to just let loose and picture myself in that setting. Well, minus the flaming gong. I dont think Mrs JD would ever approve of that.

  24. #14
    Atomic Punk Get The Show On The Road's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.05.12
    Age
    44
    Location
    6300 feet above sea level
    Posts
    17,156
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

    I'm The One
    Last Online

    11.12.19 @ 08:54 AM
    Likes
    27,114
    Liked 16,983 Times in 8,950 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JUNGLE DRUMMER View Post
    Yep it definitely comes across with you, and I'm the same way. With everything I've added to my kit over the years, and with my poster of Alex whaling away on his FW kit hanging on the wall, it's fun to just let loose and picture myself in that setting. Well, minus the flaming gong. I dont think Mrs JD would ever approve of that.
    Be happy it's just a flaming gong. My 5150 has been sitting in the garage going on 6 years now with no usage. Mrs Show actually tried to suggest that I get rid of it the other day.

    One of these days when she's at work and the kids are at school I'm going to go out there and plug it in and play at the volume it's supposed to be played at. And I don't care if the cops show up...
    The only genre I really know is Van Halen.

  25. The Following Member Likes This Post:


  26. #15
    Good Enough pickslide's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.02.04
    Age
    51
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    2,541
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Mean Street
    Last Online

    11.12.19 @ 10:45 AM
    Likes
    1,490
    Liked 1,291 Times in 734 Posts

    Default

    Nice whammy work on that last solo!

    TK

  27. The Following Member Likes This Post:


 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Fools
    By hotforteacher921 in forum VH Songs/Albums/Videos
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 04.18.08, 10:23 AM
  2. Fools
    By Ed6150 in forum VH Songs/Albums/Videos
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 09.05.05, 07:05 AM
  3. April Fools!
    By Wolfgangs-Sis in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04.01.05, 10:45 PM
  4. Fools
    By gabby gabbster in forum VH Songs/Albums/Videos
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06.21.02, 03:04 PM
  5. Intro to "Fools"
    By Dan Halen in forum VH Songs/Albums/Videos
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08.12.00, 09:51 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •