Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 58
  1. #31
    Eruption Al Van Bundy's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.16.12
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,187
    Last Online

    11.14.19 @ 05:47 PM
    Likes
    15
    Liked 762 Times in 358 Posts

    Default

    Another update.

    She went in for a laryngoscopy & full body scan the other day and good news, it hasn't spread.

    She will be going to see two more specialists just to make 1 billion percent sure it's confined to her neck.

    When they give her the green light on that, she will be getting the tumor removed & then begin radiation.


  2. #32
    Atomic Punk BREW CREW's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.09.00
    Age
    47
    Posts
    12,304
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

    Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Last Online

    11.13.19 @ 06:24 PM
    Likes
    63
    Liked 584 Times in 355 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Al Van Bundy View Post
    Another update.

    She went in for a laryngoscopy & full body scan the other day and good news, it hasn't spread.

    She will be going to see two more specialists just to make 1 billion percent sure it's confined to her neck.

    When they give her the green light on that, she will be getting the tumor removed & then begin radiation.
    This is good news! Concentrate on the good news and hang in there!
    Just go for it!

  3. The Following 4 Members Like This Post:


  4. #33
    Atomic Punk
    Join Date
    01.10.12
    Posts
    27,915
    Favorite VH Album

    The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

    11.15.19 @ 05:24 AM
    Likes
    20,921
    Liked 18,697 Times in 10,671 Posts

    Default

    Good news, man. Hang in there!

  5. #34
    Atomic Punk
    Join Date
    10.28.12
    Location
    Mean Street
    Posts
    7,334
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Bottoms Up!
    Last Online

    09.27.19 @ 09:08 PM
    Likes
    5,382
    Liked 4,111 Times in 2,567 Posts

    Default

    Due to the glitch I've had an issue getting in this forum. Finally working better.

    Just wanted to wish you and your family the best, Al.

    Great news. Stay strong
    Last edited by PrideofPasadena; 01.20.19 at 08:42 PM.

  6. The Following Member Likes This Post:


  7. #35
    Top Of The World
    Join Date
    07.19.04
    Posts
    218
    Last Online

    11.14.19 @ 11:31 AM
    Likes
    206
    Liked 256 Times in 119 Posts

    Default

    Good news, hang in there.

  8. #36
    Gird your loins Daisy Hill's Avatar
    Join Date
    04.17.08
    Age
    59
    Location
    Goose Poop, Ohio
    Posts
    14,509
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Panama
    Last Online

    10.24.19 @ 11:04 AM
    Likes
    2,427
    Liked 2,915 Times in 1,818 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BREW CREW View Post
    This is good news! Concentrate on the good news and hang in there!
    yes. I learned from my father's bought with a rare neck cancer that you cannot allow yourself to dwell on the dark. Strangely sometimes cancer patients and their families find this time and after their recovery to be a time where they reset their priorities, come together as a family.

  9. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:


  10. #37
    Master Bluesman Elwood P.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    01.11.02
    Location
    1060 W. Addison, Chicago
    Posts
    7,009
    Favorite VH Album

    ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

    Soul Kitchen
    Last Online

    11.11.19 @ 06:37 AM
    Likes
    2,694
    Liked 1,732 Times in 1,141 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    Good news, man. Hang in there!
    What he said!
    "I'm the opposite of Bill Cosby. Diamond Dave always gets your approval." (DLR)

    "Rawhide in "A"

    Tom Brady hates tomatoes

  11. #38
    Atomic Punk Get The Show On The Road's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.05.12
    Age
    44
    Location
    6300 feet above sea level
    Posts
    17,204
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

    I'm The One
    Last Online

    11.15.19 @ 05:36 AM
    Likes
    27,163
    Liked 17,019 Times in 8,971 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Glad to hear some positive news for you and your mom Al.

    Hopefully things continue to move in a positive direction!
    The only genre I really know is Van Halen.

  12. #39
    Eruption Al Van Bundy's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.16.12
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,187
    Last Online

    11.14.19 @ 05:47 PM
    Likes
    15
    Liked 762 Times in 358 Posts

    Default

    UPDATE (Robert Stack voice)

    Mama Van Bundy goes in for surgery on Tuesday, February 26th. They want her there by 545AM, so I'll be spending the night on the couch at her place & I will drive her into Boston before the usual traffic insane asylum begins & I can still get to work before doors open. It is a very delicate procedure, as she informed be she'll be on the table for 5 hours. After that, she'll be in recovery for 2 or 3 days & then she can come home. After that, I'm not sure. I'm assuming while she's in the hospital, her doc will come by and give her the rundown on the radiation schedule and inform her whether or not chemo is needed.


  13. #40
    Atomic Punk BREW CREW's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.09.00
    Age
    47
    Posts
    12,304
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

    Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Last Online

    11.13.19 @ 06:24 PM
    Likes
    63
    Liked 584 Times in 355 Posts

    Default

    Thanks for the update. No matter what happens, as long as your Mom gets to go home... spend every minute with her that you can in the most positive way as possible. I'm hoping and praying for the best!
    Just go for it!

  14. The Following Member Likes This Post:

    OLO

  15. #41
    Atomic Punk edwardv's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.13.01
    Age
    61
    Location
    hanover pennsylvania
    Posts
    12,744
    Favorite VH Album

    diver down
    Favorite VH Song

    drop dead legs
    Last Online

    11.15.19 @ 05:22 AM
    Likes
    7,439
    Liked 4,005 Times in 2,446 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Hang in there brother.
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

  16. #42
    Atomic Punk
    Join Date
    01.10.12
    Posts
    27,915
    Favorite VH Album

    The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

    11.15.19 @ 05:24 AM
    Likes
    20,921
    Liked 18,697 Times in 10,671 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Al Van Bundy View Post
    UPDATE (Robert Stack voice)

    Mama Van Bundy goes in for surgery on Tuesday, February 26th. They want her there by 545AM, so I'll be spending the night on the couch at her place & I will drive her into Boston before the usual traffic insane asylum begins & I can still get to work before doors open. It is a very delicate procedure, as she informed be she'll be on the table for 5 hours. After that, she'll be in recovery for 2 or 3 days & then she can come home. After that, I'm not sure. I'm assuming while she's in the hospital, her doc will come by and give her the rundown on the radiation schedule and inform her whether or not chemo is needed.
    Hang in there, man.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

    "But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

    "Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

    'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

    "I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

    "My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

    "But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

  17. #43
    Eruption Al Van Bundy's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.16.12
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,187
    Last Online

    11.14.19 @ 05:47 PM
    Likes
    15
    Liked 762 Times in 358 Posts

    Default

    Sorry I haven't updated sooner, I haven't slept much lately & I'm finally doing nothing right now.

    She had as good of a surgery as one could have hoped for. No complications or anything. She stayed in the hospital for 2 nights afterward & I brought her home yesterday afternoon. She's just happy being back in the comfort of her own home & I don't blame her in the least. Her room in the hospital was smaller than the trunk of my Cadillac & a good fart in there would've given you a concussion.

    Now, going forward. Her follow up is next week where they will remove the stitches from the incision. Then she has to basically stay dormant for a month & keep the scar clean. Radiation is starting sometime in mid-April because they have to wait until the incision is 10000% healed. The good news on my end with this? She's having it done at the sister facility in Stoneham. Now I don't have to have a stroke driving in Boston every day for god knows how long.

    Cliff notes version: She's fine, in good spirits & looking forward to kicking this thing right in the balls.


  18. #44
    Atomic Punk
    Join Date
    01.10.12
    Posts
    27,915
    Favorite VH Album

    The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

    11.15.19 @ 05:24 AM
    Likes
    20,921
    Liked 18,697 Times in 10,671 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Al Van Bundy View Post
    Sorry I haven't updated sooner, I haven't slept much lately & I'm finally doing nothing right now.

    She had as good of a surgery as one could have hoped for. No complications or anything. She stayed in the hospital for 2 nights afterward & I brought her home yesterday afternoon. She's just happy being back in the comfort of her own home & I don't blame her in the least. Her room in the hospital was smaller than the trunk of my Cadillac & a good fart in there would've given you a concussion.

    Now, going forward. Her follow up is next week where they will remove the stitches from the incision. Then she has to basically stay dormant for a month & keep the scar clean. Radiation is starting sometime in mid-April because they have to wait until the incision is 10000% healed. The good news on my end with this? She's having it done at the sister facility in Stoneham. Now I don't have to have a stroke driving in Boston every day for god knows how long.

    Cliff notes version: She's fine, in good spirits & looking forward to kicking this thing right in the balls.
    Outstanding news!
    God Bless!
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

    "But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

    "Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

    'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

    "I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

    "My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

    "But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

  19. #45
    Sinner's Swing!
    Join Date
    03.07.16
    Age
    50
    Posts
    3,947
    Last Online

    11.15.19 @ 05:31 AM
    Likes
    5,026
    Liked 4,739 Times in 2,133 Posts

    Default

    Great news and keep fighting.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. My Mother's Cancer is Spreading, any help would be appreciated!
    By Judgement Day in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 01.12.09, 01:21 AM
  2. Cancer
    By Len75 in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12.10.08, 04:29 PM
  3. ed's cancer....
    By muffdiver in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09.02.02, 02:49 PM
  4. My mother has lung cancer.
    By cackmouse in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 01.01.02, 11:52 AM
  5. Cancer...yes or no?
    By SactoFan in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03.03.01, 09:49 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •