Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 58
  1. #16
    Unchained KS 5150's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.07.07
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    496
    Favorite VH Album

    1984, VH1, ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

    ATBL, China Town
    Last Online

    02.19.19 @ 09:56 AM
    Likes
    535
    Liked 200 Times in 121 Posts

    Default

    Personally, I'd get mrbond5150 to build me a more accurate replica, & then use the remainder to pay for a REALLY nice vacation! But that's just me
    "People ask me how far I've come. And I tell them twelve feet: from the audience to the stage." - David Lee Roth

  2. The Following Member Likes This Post:


  3. #17
    Hot For Teacher
    Join Date
    12.16.05
    Posts
    308
    Last Online

    02.04.19 @ 12:17 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 112 Times in 32 Posts

    Default

    They had one of these relic guitars displayed at the Smithsonian during the Ed speech a few years ago.
    After the interview and meet greet, there was a social with drinks and food ect.
    After I met Ed we grabbed a drink and I saw Chip hanging out at a table so I went to introduce myself.
    He was super nice so I asked him about the 78 relic. He told me a good amount of info on it..
    He said he was going through a room full of guitar parts at the 5150, and he had found the original Frankie neck
    in a box with other necks, and almost didn't recognize it. I believe he mentioned it was damaged..
    He told me he showed it to Ed and said this is the same neck you used for the VH 1 record, and Ed didn't know it was there, like it was no big deal.
    Chip went on to say that he used it to make the template for that relic at the Smithsonian.. And copied it exactly.
    So I am guessing this series of guitars are a clone from that guitar.

  4. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:


  5. #18
    Baluchitherium Jedi McFly's Avatar
    Join Date
    05.29.03
    Age
    31
    Posts
    4,857
    Last Online

    02.20.19 @ 05:44 PM
    Likes
    3,742
    Liked 4,282 Times in 1,627 Posts


    Premium Member

    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CHUCKYAB View Post
    They had one of these relic guitars displayed at the Smithsonian during the Ed speech a few years ago.
    After the interview and meet greet, there was a social with drinks and food ect.
    After I met Ed we grabbed a drink and I saw Chip hanging out at a table so I went to introduce myself.
    He was super nice so I asked him about the 78 relic. He told me a good amount of info on it..
    He said he was going through a room full of guitar parts at the 5150, and he had found the original Frankie neck
    in a box with other necks, and almost didn't recognize it. I believe he mentioned it was damaged..
    He told me he showed it to Ed and said this is the same neck you used for the VH 1 record, and Ed didn't know it was there, like it was no big deal.
    Chip went on to say that he used it to make the template for that relic at the Smithsonian.. And copied it exactly.
    So I am guessing this series of guitars are a clone from that guitar.
    Yup, Chip talked about that in an interview as well. The neck was ruined when they tried to route it for a Floyd back around '79, IIRC.

    Awesome that you got to meet him, he seems like a real nice dude.

  6. #19
    Atomic Punk bsbll4's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.18.03
    Age
    35
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    9,719
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

    Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

    02.20.19 @ 11:26 AM
    Likes
    1,162
    Liked 3,449 Times in 1,702 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    It's hard to tell from the pics, but it looks like the smaller stripes are actually painted on instead of being tape?

    You would think for 19k it would get you something that was actually accurate. For that amount of money I would want wood from the same tree that was used for the body and neck, a trem system with a serial number that identifies it being forged on the same day as Ed's, etc...

    Oh, and it should come with a $16k rebate check enclosed in the case
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.

  7. #20
    Atomic Punk japeape's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.05.15
    Posts
    11,753
    Favorite VH Album

    II & WACF
    Favorite VH Song

    HAIL & Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

    01.09.19 @ 01:53 PM
    Likes
    7,067
    Liked 10,473 Times in 5,696 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Team Edward View Post
    I have the Bumblebee from the EVH Striped series and I love it.
    Sell it to me!!!!
    Graver, Walking Ed, refugee from CVH & proud tone chaser...

  8. #21
    Atomic Punk japeape's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.05.15
    Posts
    11,753
    Favorite VH Album

    II & WACF
    Favorite VH Song

    HAIL & Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

    01.09.19 @ 01:53 PM
    Likes
    7,067
    Liked 10,473 Times in 5,696 Posts

    Default

    If i ever get my dream EVH guitar, the Bee, and if Squalen passes away, i'm going to
    make sure that guitar goes with him to the great beyond.
    Graver, Walking Ed, refugee from CVH & proud tone chaser...

  9. #22
    Eruption
    Join Date
    07.13.16
    Age
    55
    Location
    northern Illinois
    Posts
    937
    Favorite VH Album

    Zero thru FW
    Favorite VH Song

    One Sky Control Movies
    Last Online

    02.18.19 @ 07:21 PM
    Likes
    794
    Liked 648 Times in 414 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by japeape View Post
    If i ever get my dream EVH guitar, the Bee, and if Squalen passes away, i'm going to
    make sure that guitar goes with him to the great beyond.
    Be sure to put your least favorite Floyd on it, before you do
    Why behave in public...if you're livin' on a playground !



  10. The Following Member Likes This Post:


  11. #23
    Atomic Punk RRvh1's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.13.11
    Location
    Ontari-ari-ari-o!
    Posts
    19,515
    Favorite VH Album

    1984
    Favorite VH Song

    Panama
    Last Online

    02.20.19 @ 05:06 PM
    Likes
    7,439
    Liked 8,564 Times in 6,164 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bsbll4 View Post
    It's hard to tell from the pics, but it looks like the smaller stripes are actually painted on instead of being tape?

    You would think for 19k it would get you something that was actually accurate. For that amount of money I would want wood from the same tree that was used for the body and neck, a trem system with a serial number that identifies it being forged on the same day as Ed's, etc...

    Oh, and it should come with a $16k rebate check enclosed in the case
    You just reminded me of something from a few years ago on another site.
    One of the posters - VERY well known and respected - was a replica builder and player. I was a punk who was new to the internet etc., and let's just say we argued a few times... Have since messaged back and forth, and all is good.

    Any-hooo, he said he knew the owner of the old Boogie Bodies, and the the guy claimed to have uncut slabs of wood from the same tree that was cut for the body that Eddie picked. The so called "second" from the bottom of the pile of unfinished bodies.

    I called B.S. but the poster was adamant that it was true.
    "There's too many people on this basketball that's floating around the sun, who are too afraid to allow themselves to FEEL" - Edward Van Halen
    "Van Halen was never about the singer..." - A very wise fan.
    "Embrace the past. Live in the moment but keep your eyes on the future, and keep on moving forward..." - Richie Sambora

  12. #24
    Good Enough VanZeppelin667's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.03.03
    Location
    Ky
    Posts
    1,759
    Last Online

    02.18.19 @ 07:12 PM
    Likes
    2,298
    Liked 1,299 Times in 674 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    I'm just interested in that sweet bottle of 3 in 1 oil.

  13. #25
    Eruption
    Join Date
    07.13.16
    Age
    55
    Location
    northern Illinois
    Posts
    937
    Favorite VH Album

    Zero thru FW
    Favorite VH Song

    One Sky Control Movies
    Last Online

    02.18.19 @ 07:21 PM
    Likes
    794
    Liked 648 Times in 414 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VanZeppelin667 View Post
    I'm just interested in that sweet bottle of 3 in 1 oil.
    I'm fairly certain Music Zoo's 3 in 1 oil, is not period correct
    Why behave in public...if you're livin' on a playground !



  14. The Following Member Likes This Post:


  15. #26
    Eruption bjk's Avatar
    Join Date
    04.18.05
    Posts
    866
    Last Online

    02.20.19 @ 05:43 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 121 Times in 69 Posts

    Default

    Itís insane to me how much people get caught up in the manusha about these guitars. Maybe thatís all weíre left to do when the guy who used to play them canít be bothered to do anything new for basically the last 20 years...

  16. #27
    Emperor of VHLinks.com Brett's Avatar
    Join Date
    09.02.99
    Age
    48
    Location
    Somewhere Near LA
    Posts
    72,180
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained
    Last Online

    02.20.19 @ 03:59 PM
    Likes
    1,865
    Liked 15,301 Times in 6,629 Posts

    Default

    Minutiae dude.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

    JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

  17. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:


  18. #28
    Eruption bjk's Avatar
    Join Date
    04.18.05
    Posts
    866
    Last Online

    02.20.19 @ 05:43 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 121 Times in 69 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    Minutiae dude.
    Yeah thatís it. Pretty sure thatís the first time Iíve ever attempted to spell that word.

  19. #29
    Baluchitherium Jedi McFly's Avatar
    Join Date
    05.29.03
    Age
    31
    Posts
    4,857
    Last Online

    02.20.19 @ 05:44 PM
    Likes
    3,742
    Liked 4,282 Times in 1,627 Posts


    Premium Member

    Donor

    Default

    LOL, that is one of the best grammar/spelling correction exchanges I've ever read.

    I remember another one on my early days of this site. Two users were arguing and critiquing each other's grammar...until OG mod el_jalapeno stepped in and pointed out they had both misspelled it as "grammer"

  20. #30
    Forum Frontman fudd's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.22.08
    Age
    39
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    15,175
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

    HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

    @
    Likes
    1,414
    Liked 7,088 Times in 3,526 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Looks like Adam Sandler is getting a new guitar.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. we re studying "Eruption "in my college music class
    By Rick S in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 01.13.19, 09:29 AM
  2. "Eruption" sheet music written by EVH
    By Little Dreamer in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 12.11.13, 11:58 PM
  3. VH 1/B&W Relic
    By brn5150 in forum Guitar Room
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01.31.13, 07:55 AM
  4. Best Way To Relic?
    By Brett in forum Guitar Room
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04.07.09, 08:54 AM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02.14.02, 10:43 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •