Favorite VH Album

1986 - 1996
    Favorite VH Song

5150, Cabo Wabo
    Last Online

05.24.19 @ 06:33 AM
    Liked 1,465 Times in 993 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jrk5150 View Post
    Right. Then 1984 happened. My point was merely that VH has had the same opportunity to, as you put it, nourish their legacy, and stay in the consciousness of the music world as any of the other bands we talk about. They have simply chosen not to.
    Yes hence Journey in 2019 is a way more popular band.

VH have had the worst management except for Leffler. They hired friends and family and have suffered because of it. But that’s only one part of it. They literally drop the ball every time.
    Eddie Van Halen in 2012:

"ESQ: What are you going to do with all the material that you wrote with Sammy Hagar?

EVH: Oh, I hadn't thought about that. That's some great music. They're just on vacation, maybe. They're off to college and they're going their own way. Who knows?"

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Last Online

05.24.19 @ 10:35 AM
    Liked 143 Times in 73 Posts

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/mich...on-broke-down/
    -
    MICHAEL ANTHONY SAYS VAN HALEN REUNION ‘BROKE DOWN ON THEIR END’

Michael Anthony confirmed he was approached by Van Halen's management about a possible reunion with the group, but said the conversation didn't get very far.

"I was actually contacted by their management last October, to see if I would be interested in something," the band's former bassist told Howard Stern. "And that's basically as far as it went. I think they were trying to put something together on their end, management was, and something broke down on their end and the plug got pulled

He added that he would be interested in reuniting with Van Halen "if it was done the correct way. You know -- four guys up there just doing their thing."

Anthony joined Van Halen in 1974 and played on all but one of their 12 studio albums. He has not performed with them since their disastrous 2004 reunion tour with Hagar. Eddie Van Halen's son Wolfgang has played bass with the group since 2007 and appears on their 2012 album A Different Kind of Truth.

The bass player's longtime bandmate Sammy Hagar previously said that Anthony was approached by Van Halen's management last year about a potential reunion. Hagar noted he was "totally cool" with putting their current band the Circle aside to allow Anthony time for a Van Halen tour, but Anthony threw more water on the reunion rumors last month, noting that the tour was "not gonna happen."

The debut album from Anthony and Hagar's newest band the Circle, Space Between, will be released on May 10. Their first single "Trust Fund Baby" was released back in January; a second, "Can't Hang," premiered earlier today.
    The band will launch a tour in support of the record on April 19 in Reno. You can get dates and ticket information at Hagar's website.

3. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

1986 - 1996
    Favorite VH Song

5150, Cabo Wabo
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by fudd View Post
    I don’t think he’s super happy with Jonathan Cain right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dude has lost it.

Married Trump’s spiritual advisor and went into Jesus mode.
    Eddie Van Halen in 2012:

"ESQ: What are you going to do with all the material that you wrote with Sammy Hagar?

EVH: Oh, I hadn't thought about that. That's some great music. They're just on vacation, maybe. They're off to college and they're going their own way. Who knows?"

Favorite VH Album

1986 - 1996
    Favorite VH Song

5150, Cabo Wabo
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by danielleesale View Post
    https://ultimateclassicrock.com/mich...on-broke-down/
    -
    MICHAEL ANTHONY SAYS VAN HALEN REUNION ‘BROKE DOWN ON THEIR END’

Michael Anthony confirmed he was approached by Van Halen's management about a possible reunion with the group, but said the conversation didn't get very far.

"I was actually contacted by their management last October, to see if I would be interested in something," the band's former bassist told Howard Stern. "And that's basically as far as it went. I think they were trying to put something together on their end, management was, and something broke down on their end and the plug got pulled

He added that he would be interested in reuniting with Van Halen "if it was done the correct way. You know -- four guys up there just doing their thing."

Anthony joined Van Halen in 1974 and played on all but one of their 12 studio albums. He has not performed with them since their disastrous 2004 reunion tour with Hagar. Eddie Van Halen's son Wolfgang has played bass with the group since 2007 and appears on their 2012 album A Different Kind of Truth.

The bass player's longtime bandmate Sammy Hagar previously said that Anthony was approached by Van Halen's management last year about a potential reunion. Hagar noted he was "totally cool" with putting their current band the Circle aside to allow Anthony time for a Van Halen tour, but Anthony threw more water on the reunion rumors last month, noting that the tour was "not gonna happen."

The debut album from Anthony and Hagar's newest band the Circle, Space Between, will be released on May 10. Their first single "Trust Fund Baby" was released back in January; a second, "Can't Hang," premiered earlier today.
    The band will launch a tour in support of the record on April 19 in Reno. You can get dates and ticket information at Hagar's website.
    Putting the function in dysfunction since 1996.
    Eddie Van Halen in 2012:

6. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

05.24.19 @ 11:03 AM
    Liked 331 Times in 213 Posts

So was 'their management' just trying to get them off their ass and spitball something, or did they approach management?
    Dealing with it.

Favorite VH Album

1986 - 1996
    Favorite VH Song

5150, Cabo Wabo
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by rchop84 View Post
    So was 'their management' just trying to get them off their ass and spitball something, or did they approach management?
    Azoff probably figured the only thing left is a reunion etc.

Ed likely took offense to no Wolf in the band.

Just my guess.
    Eddie Van Halen in 2012:

9. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

05.24.19 @ 11:39 AM
    Liked 3,725 Times in 1,876 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VH1988 View Post
    Yes hence Journey in 2019 is a way more popular band.

VH have had the worst management except for Leffler. They hired friends and family and have suffered because of it. But that’s only one part of it. They literally drop the ball every time.
    I agree their management has generally been either bad or non-existent, but it's not just management. Mrs. Van Halen is in charge of promoting the band and it would take effort to un-promote the band to this extent.

You shouldn't need a manager to tell you that you should actually release products and do interviews every now and then and hire a pro to run the website, etc.

It's not possible for them to be a mega-successful band for the first 20 years and not know any of this. It must be intentional. Clearly other than for a few months every several years they just want to be left alone. Which is perfectly their right, it's just frustrating as a fan to be on a starvation diet of releases.

Why can't some other bands I don't like adopt this attitude!

11. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL & Unchained
    Last Online

05.24.19 @ 11:10 AM
    Liked 820 Times in 429 Posts

I've said it before, Azoff must be shaking his head at not being able to get the brothers to do anything. He even got the Eagles to continue on without Glenn Frye.

13. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL & Unchained
    Last Online

05.24.19 @ 11:10 AM
    Liked 820 Times in 429 Posts

The worst part about the "original" VH rumor not coming true is that there obviously would not have been any new music. I really want some new music.

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

05.24.19 @ 09:14 AM
    Liked 2,282 Times in 1,414 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FW1981 View Post
    I've said it before, Azoff must be shaking his head at not being able to get the brothers to do anything. He even got the Eagles to continue on without Glenn Frye.
    It really is amazing.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

16. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

1986 - 1996
    Favorite VH Song

5150, Cabo Wabo
    Last Online

Roth probably thought a reunion was happening back when he gave that interview in December.
    Eddie Van Halen in 2012:

Good Enough
    Last Online

05.24.19 @ 09:06 AM
    Liked 2,403 Times in 1,006 Posts

Azoff probably also pitched the full BOBW tour with both Dave and Sam. That tour would get a lot of buzz, but Ed is the buzzkill.

Favorite VH Album

1986 - 1996
    Favorite VH Song

5150, Cabo Wabo
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by vcooper3 View Post
    Azoff probably also pitched the full BOBW tour with both Dave and Sam. That tour would get a lot of buzz, but Ed is the buzzkill.
    Sadly management sniffing around could mean Ed had no idea it was even happening too.
    Eddie Van Halen in 2012:

Good Enough
    Last Online

05.24.19 @ 09:06 AM
    Liked 2,403 Times in 1,006 Posts

Management was probably doing what is expected of normal managers: attempt to market the band and/or look for endeavors/opportunities to make money for the band. A reunion of the original lineup or even co-lead singer bill with Dave/Sam would generate a lot more interest than the last tour in 2015. VH needs a lot more juice to make the tour interesting if the band prefers to tour without another prominent band (i.e. Def Lep, Journey etc.).

21. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

@
    Liked 7,275 Times in 3,624 Posts

Donor

Ok folks its pretty apparent that VH ain’t doing anything. If anything changes we’ll open this back up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk