Favorite VH Album

All 7 with Dave
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

05.22.19 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 318 Times in 177 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    Totally agree there’s no way they can fill any stadium without sharing it with someone else...maybe have to open for Bon Jovi again.
    Oh please, I still cannot believe they did that?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Last Online

05.22.19 @ 04:59 PM
    Liked 228 Times in 118 Posts

They could sell out a stadium if tix were $20 and it was a Sam and Dave tour.
    Right here I say....

3. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained..
    Last Online

05.22.19 @ 06:50 PM
    Liked 485 Times in 188 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Van Squalen View Post
    The ‘mighty’ Van Halen will never headline the Rose Bowl. Onlym a few acts can do that. They ain’t one of ‘em.
    Oh, I know...

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

05.22.19 @ 08:38 AM
    Liked 25,125 Times in 12,679 Posts

Premium Member

Not happening, not in 2019, not ever. There is no Van Halen without Wolfgang Van Halen. Ed ain't doing it without him, that is something that everyone is just going to have to accept and move on.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

6. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

05.22.19 @ 04:11 PM
    Liked 8,763 Times in 6,300 Posts

Premium Member

He’s a blowhard. And a know-it-all. But he rarely knows anything.

And he’s never been right when it comes to anything having to do with Van Halen so he should just shut it already.

When there something going on WE will let HIM know.
    I admit to not knowing much about him or his history. I just think it's cool that someone who likes 'our' kind of music is out there flying the flag. Granted, his audience is limited, yet at least he has a platform. Y'know what I mean?
    "There's too many people on this basketball that's floating around the sun, who are too afraid to allow themselves to FEEL" - Edward Van Halen
    "Van Halen was never about the singer..." - A very wise fan.
    "Embrace the past. Live in the moment but keep your eyes on the future, and keep on moving forward..." - Richie Sambora

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

05.22.19 @ 12:43 PM
    Liked 51 Times in 34 Posts

My optimistic thought is, that if other bands can go from playing clubs and then back to arenas, VH can certainly pull it off. Oasis did it back in the mid 2000's, from clubs to sheds. Also, I think we as fans have gone from exaggerating the significance of VH to minimizing their status.
    Pain or damage don’t end the world, or despair, or fuckin’ beatings. The world ends when you’re dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man — and give some back.
    -Al Swearengen

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic & Summer Nights
    Last Online

05.22.19 @ 10:12 AM
    Liked 264 Times in 145 Posts

Eddie Trunk 6/13/2016: "There are rumors that Roth might be (out of the band)"

"...We've been in this bizarre, VH inflicted musical purgatory for years, just begging for a sign of life. Yet, instead of acknowledging the obvious, we get pictures of this freakin' dog falling asleep.." - Japeape

"I don't think he owes us, and I think few if any do. What we would like is for him to release music, since he is our favorite musician. It's a wish and a hope, not a critique." - Dave's Dreidel

10. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic & Summer Nights
    Last Online

05.22.19 @ 10:12 AM
    Liked 264 Times in 145 Posts

Sorry; I am not up for seeing Mike in 2019. I don't think that I could get myself to see him on stage with Van Halen.

The guy was treated like total crap in 2004; come 2006-7, they fired him the band without having the decency of addressing him personally.

And now, in 2019, (if this rumor turns out to be true), with Wolf having had enough of that 'Van Halen gig,' they decide to pull Mike in?

What would the point of that be? For if the rumor that Mike is back turns out to be true, I am inclined to believe that the main reason for a Van Halen tour in 2019 is to support Wolf's efforts/band - because a mega band tour would be an easy way to fast track Wolf into getting his thing off of the ground.

I love Mike, but the prospect of him coming back (unless they do an all out reunion with both Sammy & DLR), wreaks of disrespect towards MA.
    "...We've been in this bizarre, VH inflicted musical purgatory for years, just begging for a sign of life. Yet, instead of acknowledging the obvious, we get pictures of this freakin' dog falling asleep.." - Japeape

"I don't think he owes us, and I think few if any do. What we would like is for him to release music, since he is our favorite musician. It's a wish and a hope, not a critique." - Dave's Dreidel

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Respect my Wind
    Last Online

05.22.19 @ 06:42 AM
    Liked 1,267 Times in 702 Posts

If the original VH reconvened for one night, Dave quit smoking for 6 months and got his voice in shape, they retro'd the entire Fair Warning stage and instruments and played the entire Fair Warning disc, they could get 50k people at the Rose Bowl IF it was marketed and PRd correctly. Easily.
    A whole tour of arenas though? Not a chance with how the last 20 years have gone, just the sad truth.
    Last edited by Dick Punch; 12.22.18 at 09:04 PM.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

05.22.19 @ 02:45 PM
    Liked 2,037 Times in 1,147 Posts

Van Halen SHOULD be able to headline at Rose Bowl if they had behaved normally, done their homework, released album continuously during the last 20 years, done interviews, etc. But they didn't feature their songs in an Iron Man movie like AC/DC did, didn't have a documentary made about them like Flight 666 for Maiden or Rush in Rio for Rush, didn't have Weezer cover one of their hits like they did with Toto's "Africa," etc, etc. VH's been in steady decline, due to their own inaction and infighting. They're like a former A student who decides to stop working, and then the A student doesn't get As anymore, they get B- or Cs. That's life, you reap what you sow.
    Little Dreamer

14. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Last Online

05.22.19 @ 07:09 PM
    Liked 3,161 Times in 2,017 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Punch View Post
    If the original VH reconvened for one night, Dave quit smoking for 6 months and got his voice in shape, they retro'd the entire Fair Warning stage and instruments and played the entire Fair Warning disc, they could get 50k people at the Rose Bowl IF it was marketed and PRd correctly. Easily.
    Lol. Keep dreaming. The mainstream public couldn’t give less of a fuck about Fair Warning. 50k at the Rose Bowl would be a dismal showing indeed considering it’s their hometown and the Rose Bowl seats nearly 100k.

There is no amount of PR or marketing strategies that will fill the Rose Bowl for VH alone at this point.

One night at the forum? Sure.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

05.22.19 @ 02:45 PM
    Liked 2,037 Times in 1,147 Posts

He’s a blowhard. And a know-it-all. But he rarely knows anything.

And he’s never been right when it comes to anything having to do with Van Halen so he should just shut it already.

When there something going on WE will let HIM know.
    Don't call us, we'll call you.
    Little Dreamer

17. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

all 7
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL & The Full Bug
    Last Online

05.22.19 @ 07:12 PM
    Liked 2,619 Times in 1,207 Posts

David was indeed quoted as saying - " the original thing....", in the Vulture article.

Can't help but wonder exactly what he meant. Only 100 days to find out. I'm content to wait patiently until then. Early to mid March I guess. No problemo.

I used to have a strong dislike for Eddie Trunk as well but changed my mind recently this past year after listening to a couple of his podcasts. ( The one's with Michael Anthony & Noel Monk and KK Downing ).

I thought he was very professional & well mannered. Asked good questions & let the guests speak. I forget why I disliked him before. Probably something inconsequential like of one of his VH top song lists or comments about Dave never being a good live singer or whatever.

Sometimes just gotta keep an open mind. Might initially disaprove & dislike some things about certain folks but then find out later on other stuff that supercedes other preconcieved notions.

Also listened to a recent podcast with Steve Vai & Sebastion Bach which was pretty good. Steve Vai took an old Super 8 film camera to the KISS concert in NYC in 1974 it was a cool chat.

Good Enough Dont disturb my Paradise's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

5150. F.U.C.K
    Favorite VH Song

5150. Right now
    Last Online

05.19.19 @ 04:46 PM
    Liked 304 Times in 174 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Van Squalen View Post
    Lol Mike is not back in the band, guys. Trunk knows jack fuck. The Circle is touring next year in support of their new album.
    Exactly, plus he wouldn’t just up and leave Sammy for those VH cats.
    What is understood need not be discussed

"Dont disturb my paradise. I've asked you once. I've asked you nice" - "SERIOUS JU JU"

"I am in a blissful state. Dont bug me!!!" - Richard Dreyfuss "The Goodbye girl" 1977

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

05.22.19 @ 10:46 AM
    Liked 2,276 Times in 1,411 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NDL View Post

Sorry; I am not up for seeing Mike in 2019. I don't think that I could get myself to see him on stage with Van Halen.

The guy was treated like total crap in 2004; come 2006-7, they fired him the band without having the decency of addressing him personally.

And now, in 2019, (if this rumor turns out to be true), with Wolf having had enough of that 'Van Halen gig,' they decide to pull Mike in?

What would the point of that be? For if the rumor that Mike is back turns out to be true, I am inclined to believe that the main reason for a Van Halen tour in 2019 is to support Wolf's efforts/band - because a mega band tour would be an easy way to fast track Wolf into getting his thing off of the ground.

I love Mike, but the prospect of him coming back (unless they do an all out reunion with both Sammy & DLR), wreaks of disrespect towards MA.
    As bad as he was treated, Mike would still do it for the fans more than anything.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com