Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 248 of 425 FirstFirst ... 148198238245246247248249250251258298348 ... LastLast
Results 3,706 to 3,720 of 6375
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

10.22.19 @ 11:45 AM
    Liked 4,215 Times in 2,683 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Glenninaus View Post
    God it mkaes my skin crawl when I read Sams quote ""But I told Mike, 'If this happens, you freakin' have my blessings. You go do this. ........And he's a special guy and he has my blessings."

WTF? Is MA a 12 yo boy? Constantly in interviews over the years with Sammy, he is always coming across as "looking after" Mike and that he would give Mike his blessings and let him go....

Makes MA sound like a complete pussy IMO. Sam is like, Ec & Al were bad to Mike but its ok Im looking after him and Ill even let him go and play with them again.

Ive met Mike and he seems the stand up guy everyone says, but over the years Sam makes him sound like a kept man.
    Don't be ridiculous. He just meant that unlike the VH brothers, he's fine with his bass player taking another gig outside the Circle, especially the one that everybody talks about.

Some of you really project way too much on Sam and Mike lol. They're grown men and they're actually pretty standup California dudes. It's the other three bozos that are high maintenance. Bank on it.

2. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

5150-Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Best of Both Worlds
    Last Online

12.07.19 @ 01:46 PM
    Liked 229 Times in 127 Posts

Blessing vs Permission.
    look up the difference clowns

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Michaels View Post
    Where would Mike be without Sammy? MA would be nowhere. VH was dumping MA as soon as Wolfie was old enough and Sammy didn't have to take MA back as a friend considering Mike said some things about Sammy in 96.
    Think so?

LOL.

I think Mike would be just fine regardless of how he chose his career path post VH.

Man, you guys that undermine Mike's role and capabilities make me laugh.

Mike never did the interviews. Still doesn't. Sam and Dave and occasionally Ed have always taken point on press. I don't see many of you decrying Al for being quiet.

LOL. Same old Sam horseshit.

Favorite VH Album

5150-Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Best of Both Worlds
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Van Squalen View Post
    Think so?

LOL.

I think Mike would be just fine regardless of how he chose his career path post VH.

Man, you guys that undermine Mike's role and capabilities make me laugh.
    I'm a MA fan. But tell me what would he be doing?

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

12.07.19 @ 03:02 PM
    Liked 412 Times in 179 Posts

Don't be ridiculous. He just meant that unlike the VH brothers, he's fine with his bass player taking another gig outside the Circle, especially the one that everybody talks about.

Some of you really project way too much on Sam and Mike lol. They're grown men and they're actually pretty standup California dudes. It's the other three bozos that are high maintenance. Bank on it.
    Im not projecting....Im sure MA is a total stand up guy (not sure it matters he is from California...why would you say that? Are Californian dudes more stand up than other guys?). I dont think Mike is a pussy, Im sure its more a factor of Sams massive Ego and alpha personality but FFS Mike doesnt need Sams blessing or to be looked after by Sam, Im just saying it makes MA SOUND like a pussy.

7. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Donor

I'm a MA fan. But tell me what would he be doing?
    I'm sure something that he enjoys. Could be sailing. Could be playing in another band. Could be opening a restaurant. Who knows?

Your sentiment implies that Mike would be nothing without Eddie or Sammy. I don't agree with you. Mike is a world class bass player with signature backing vocals that anyone who knows their ass from their elbow in the industry immediately recognizes.

I doubt Mike would've found difficulty working in the music biz if that's what you mean.

Favorite VH Album

The First One
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

12.07.19 @ 07:10 PM
    Liked 24,893 Times in 14,135 Posts

Michael Anthony should have been playing bass for Van Halen his entire career. The fact that he hasn't is an indictment on Eddie Van Halen, and no one else.
    "It's so lonely at the top because it's so crowded at the bottom" - Diamond David Lee Roth

"The truth sounds like hate to those who hate the truth" - Todd Wagner

"Women and Children First ... The REAL Van Halen III"

10. The Following 4 Members Like This Post:

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Donor

Im not projecting....Im sure MA is a total stand up guy (not sure it matters he is from California...why would you say that? Are Californian dudes more stand up than other guys?). I dont think Mike is a pussy, Im sure its more a factor of Sams massive Ego and alpha personality but FFS Mike doesnt need Sams blessing or to be looked after by Sam, Im just saying it makes MA SOUND like a pussy.
    Sure you're projecting. You're saying that Sam said a bunch of shit that sounds like he's putting Mike in some kinda whipped box. You're just hanging up on Sam's semantics. As is often the case when people are suspect of what he says in interviews, when in reality, he's just shooting the shit with Eddie dipshit Trunk and maintaining his main point that he's fine with Mike playing with Van Halen again, even fully supportive of it for the fans, despite the fact he's contracted to be Sam's bass player in the Circle.

You're reading way too much into it, dude.

And yeah, it matters if you're from California.

12. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by I Coulda Hada VH View Post
    Michael Anthony should have been playing bass for Van Halen his entire career. The fact that he hasn't is an indictment on Eddie Van Halen, and no one else.
    No disputing that. Obviously.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by I Coulda Hada VH View Post
    Who knows?

Im not 100% sure of that. FWIW he isnt playing with Extreme and didnt play with DLR pre-reunion. Im sure that EVH contributes the huge majority of the blame but I see MA as collateral damage in a war between Ed & Sam and Im sure that Sam isnt a naive innocent in it all.

15. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

The First One
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

12.07.19 @ 07:10 PM
    Liked 24,893 Times in 14,135 Posts

Who knows?

Im not 100% sure of that. FWIW he isnt playing with Extreme and didnt play with DLR pre-reunion. Im sure that EVH contributes the huge majority of the blame but I see MA as collateral damage in a war between Ed & Sam and Im sure that Sam isnt a naive innocent in it all.
    All indications are that Mike is 100% innocent in all of the musical singers BS that has plagued Van Halen since 1996.
    "It's so lonely at the top because it's so crowded at the bottom" - Diamond David Lee Roth

"The truth sounds like hate to those who hate the truth" - Todd Wagner

"Women and Children First ... The REAL Van Halen III"

Favorite VH Album

5150-Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Best of Both Worlds
    Last Online

I'm sure something that he enjoys. Could be sailing. Could be playing in another band. Could be opening a restaurant. Who knows?

Your sentiment implies that Mike would be nothing without Eddie or Sammy. I don't agree with you. Mike is a world class bass player with signature backing vocals that anyone who knows their ass from their elbow in the industry immediately recognizes.

I doubt Mike would've found difficulty working in the music biz if that's what you mean.
    Mike has been in 4 BANDS with Sammy solo
    Planet US, The Other Half, Chickenfoot, The Circle.
    He played with the Wabo's some too.

Seems to me he has much loyalty towards Sammy. Maybe MA would feel terrible joining a band that hates Sammy.

18. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

Sure you're projecting. You're saying that Sam said a bunch of shit that sounds like he's putting Mike in some kinda whipped box. You're just hanging up on Sam's semantics. As is often the case when people are suspect of what he says in interviews, when in reality, he's just shooting the shit with Eddie dipshit Trunk and maintaining his main point that he's fine with Mike playing with Van Halen again, even fully supportive of it for the fans, despite the fact he's contracted to be Sam's bass player in the Circle.
    You are right and wrong here.

Im saying that Sam said a bunch of shit that sounds to me like he's put Mike in a whipping box. Ive also said that I dont think Mike isnt in said whipping box. If I was projecting it would mean that I think Mike is a pussy and that simply isnt true.

[QUOTE=Van Squalen;2221419]
    You're reading way too much into it, dude.

And yeah, it matters if you're from California.
    Ok great, you think that Californians are more "stand up" guys than everyone else. I'd like to see you say that to a six foot three hundred pound New Yorker, or Mexican, or African or Australian.

20. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Donor

Mike has been in 4 BANDS with Sammy solo
    Planet US, The Other Half, Chickenfoot, The Circle.
    He played with the Wabo's some too.

Seems to me he has much loyalty towards Sammy. Maybe MA would feel terrible joining a band that hates Sammy.
    I'm not sure what point you're trying to make. Sammy and Mike are buds. They've played a shit ton of music together. Of course he has loyalty. If you're implying that Mike would never do a thing without Sam...I think you're mistaken lol. People do what they like to do. Mike likes playing with Sammy. Who wouldn't? And they're buds. It ain't rocket science.

22. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Donor

You are right and wrong here.

Im saying that Sam said a bunch of shit that sounds to me like he's put Mike in a whipping box. Ive also said that I dont think Mike isnt in said whipping box. If I was projecting it would mean that I think Mike is a pussy and that simply isnt true.

Ok great, you think that Californians are more "stand up" guys than everyone else. I'd like to see you say that to a six foot three hundred pound New Yorker, or Mexican, or African or Australian.
    I'm sure you would, Aussie. Just like you might confirm it if someone asked you if it mattered if Australians are standup guys.

Great, so basically your blah blah blah about Mike being or not being a pussy is simply you finding Sammy's language and semantics not specific enough for your liking. Thanks for letting us know.

24. The Following Member Likes This Post: