Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 149 of 390 FirstFirst ... 4999139146147148149150151152159199249 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,235 of 5840
  1. #2221
    Atomic Punk I Coulda Hada VH's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.29.00
    Location
    Land O' Lakers
    Posts
    38,700
    Favorite VH Album

    The First One
    Favorite VH Song

    I'm The One
    Last Online

    03.24.19 @ 09:37 AM
    Likes
    16,133
    Liked 22,055 Times in 12,576 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DefLepp93 View Post
    Good point. No more DL talk from me. This is a VH forum and that is what I am interested in reading and posting about here.

    I am most likely an idiot, but I believe there will be, at the very least, a VH4 tour this summer-fall. If they come anywhere close to where I live, I will go. Time is not on their side.

    I would prefer some sort of new product (new music, past demos) and for the tour to be CVH, but that seems like very, very wishful thinking.
    When it comes to Van Halen, never say never …
    "It's so lonely at the top because it's so crowded at the bottom" - Diamond David Lee Roth

    "Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners" - George Carlin

    "Women and Children First ... The REAL Van Halen III"

  2. #2222
    Baluchitherium Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    04.28.12
    Location
    vancouver
    Posts
    4,360
    Favorite VH Album

    all 7
    Favorite VH Song

    ATBL & The Full Bug
    Last Online

    03.24.19 @ 07:20 AM
    Likes
    1,843
    Liked 2,555 Times in 1,185 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DefLepp93 View Post
    Good point. No more DL talk from me. This is a VH forum and that is what I am interested in reading and posting about here.I am most likely an idiot.
    NO- You can talk about Def Leppard as much as you want. They have their own thread here in the other non VH music forum.

    It's nice to see someone different other than the same old regulars that post all day every day dominating all the threads posting for a change. Dont let the bastards get you down.

    I'm not a huge Def Leppard fan but I like them. At least the first 3 albums. I scooped High & Dry when it was brand new just came out before they became huge.

    I was just reading Def Leppard just recently announced a Canada Tour to commence in 2019.....then I looked at the tour dates....& noticed they're playing damn near every city in Canada.....

    Except Vancouver!!!...( where I live), the last show is in Calgary...the next big town over.....

    But- then remembered they were just here recently with Journey....& googled the tour dates & reviews....

    They played here October 1 2018.....

    14,227 fans were in attendance.....

    The venue's capacity for a sellout is 14,253....

    So that's a total of only 26 tickets short of a sellout!!

    I only saw Def Leppard once in 1983 on the Pyromania tour....Uriah Heep was the opening act....who now over 30 years later are opening for Judas Priest here in May when they play Abbostford....

    Uriah Heep????

    Still no idea who the hell they are.

  3. #2223
    Atomic Punk I Coulda Hada VH's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.29.00
    Location
    Land O' Lakers
    Posts
    38,700
    Favorite VH Album

    The First One
    Favorite VH Song

    I'm The One
    Last Online

    03.24.19 @ 09:37 AM
    Likes
    16,133
    Liked 22,055 Times in 12,576 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    I saw Def Leppard on back-to-back nights for free in September 1983 at The Forum in Inglewood, CA. The first night was one of the loudest concerts I've ever attended.
    "It's so lonely at the top because it's so crowded at the bottom" - Diamond David Lee Roth

    "Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners" - George Carlin

    "Women and Children First ... The REAL Van Halen III"

  4. #2224
    Baluchitherium Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    04.28.12
    Location
    vancouver
    Posts
    4,360
    Favorite VH Album

    all 7
    Favorite VH Song

    ATBL & The Full Bug
    Last Online

    03.24.19 @ 07:20 AM
    Likes
    1,843
    Liked 2,555 Times in 1,185 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by I Coulda Hada VH View Post
    I saw Def Leppard on back-to-back nights for free in September 1983 at The Forum in Inglewood, CA. The first night was one of the loudest concerts I've ever attended.
    If you would've saw the show at the shed in Irving Meadows you would've saw DLR jam Stroke Me duet onstage with Billy Squier ....they wore matching shirts.....Photographer Kevin Estrada says he recorded the show on cassete tape....but hasnt shared it yet...I posted pics from Mike Romy & Faces Magazine in the picure thread....
    Last edited by Heisenberg; 01.11.19 at 06:01 PM.

  5. The Following Member Likes This Post:


  6. #2225
    Atomic Punk Van Squalen's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.21.03
    Posts
    25,363
    Last Online

    03.24.19 @ 11:20 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 2,759 Times in 1,766 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    If you would've saw the show at the shed in Irving Meadows you would've saw DLR jam Stroke Me duet onstage with Billy Squier ....
    Wow. That sounds...just awful.

  7. The Following Member Likes This Post:


  8. #2226
    Atomic Punk JUNGLE DRUMMER's Avatar
    Join Date
    04.20.07
    Age
    45
    Posts
    12,630
    Favorite VH Album

    WOMEN AND CHILDREN FIRST/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

    EVERYBODY WANTS SOME!!
    Last Online

    03.24.19 @ 11:17 AM
    Likes
    43,572
    Liked 12,248 Times in 6,633 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Listened to ADKOT on the commute home for the first time in probably 6 months or so.

    Yep. The album STILL KICKS ASS. I would gladly, and gratefully, take a follow up album to it, Van Halen.

    Favorite tracks are still: As Is, Beats Workin, Blood And Fire, You And Your Blues.

    Favorite intros: Beats Workin, As Is

    Favorite outros: Beats Workin, As Is

    Favorite solos: Blood And Fire, Big River, China Town

    Funny, Stay Frosty and She's The Woman are still just middle of the road tunes on the album for me, though they seem to be favorites of most people. This is not to say they aren't great tunes, but more a testament to the overall awesomeness of the album top to bottom. Even like the groove of Tattoo, but the chorus makes it the weak link of the album still.


  9. #2227
    Baluchitherium Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    04.28.12
    Location
    vancouver
    Posts
    4,360
    Favorite VH Album

    all 7
    Favorite VH Song

    ATBL & The Full Bug
    Last Online

    03.24.19 @ 07:20 AM
    Likes
    1,843
    Liked 2,555 Times in 1,185 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Van Squalen View Post
    Wow. That sounds...just awful.
    Why would you jump to such an immediate negative reaction.

    There's no way to know except for those in attendance or until hearing the bootleg tape there's no way to know at all how it sounded.

    The sheer unprecendated surprise of DLR appearing live onstage dueting with Billy Squier is actually kind of a big deal all things considered back then in 1983.

    How did EVH sound when he jammed with The Pretenders playing Crissie Hyndes Telecaster on Wild Thing.....was that also awful....

    How the hell do we know until we hear it with our own ears.

    Your comment seems to me very instinctive full of ignorant prejugment & disdain based upon the mere notion of Billy Squier & DLR performing live together. Maybe you are not a fan of Billy or Dave or just the idea of them together gives you an uncomfortable feeling uneasy to explain so quickly resort to impulsive negativity to quickly dismiss without even knowing.

  10. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:


  11. #2228
    Baluchitherium Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    04.28.12
    Location
    vancouver
    Posts
    4,360
    Favorite VH Album

    all 7
    Favorite VH Song

    ATBL & The Full Bug
    Last Online

    03.24.19 @ 07:20 AM
    Likes
    1,843
    Liked 2,555 Times in 1,185 Posts

    Default

    For all we know it could've been the coolest duet in Rock music since Jagger & Bowie's Dancing In The Streets.
    Last edited by Heisenberg; 01.11.19 at 09:19 PM.

  12. #2229
    Eruption xk319's Avatar
    Join Date
    09.10.07
    Posts
    923
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    In a Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

    03.24.19 @ 01:00 AM
    Likes
    939
    Liked 528 Times in 232 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JUNGLE DRUMMER View Post
    Listened to ADKOT on the commute home for the first time in probably 6 months or so.

    Yep. The album STILL KICKS ASS. I would gladly, and gratefully, take a follow up album to it, Van Halen.

    Favorite tracks are still: As Is, Beats Workin, Blood And Fire, You And Your Blues.

    Favorite intros: Beats Workin, As Is

    Favorite outros: Beats Workin, As Is

    Favorite solos: Blood And Fire, Big River, China Town

    Funny, Stay Frosty and She's The Woman are still just middle of the road tunes on the album for me, though they seem to be favorites of most people. This is not to say they aren't great tunes, but more a testament to the overall awesomeness of the album top to bottom. Even like the groove of Tattoo, but the chorus makes it the weak link of the album still.
    Good God it would have been so cool to see a behind the scenes dvd on the making of that album. At one point I thought we might get something like that as I thought surely Ed would want to show how Wolfie contributed to the album further cementing his place in the band among fans. Sorta surprised we didn't. Hate to say it but they were probably just too dumb to think of it .

  13. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:


  14. #2230
    Baluchitherium Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    04.28.12
    Location
    vancouver
    Posts
    4,360
    Favorite VH Album

    all 7
    Favorite VH Song

    ATBL & The Full Bug
    Last Online

    03.24.19 @ 07:20 AM
    Likes
    1,843
    Liked 2,555 Times in 1,185 Posts

    Default

    You guys had Ross Hogarth posting right here on this site....his username Boogie Motel......

    VH uploaded shitloads of interview clips on the official website....

    There's an accoustic DVD of live stuff....plus other tunes uploaded on the net....

    Had the Cafe Wha show youtube before the tour started...

    Had the family & friends show with the showgirls.....

  15. #2231
    Atomic Punk Van Squalen's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.21.03
    Posts
    25,363
    Last Online

    03.24.19 @ 11:20 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 2,759 Times in 1,766 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Why would you jump to such an immediate negative reaction.

    There's no way to know except for those in attendance or until hearing the bootleg tape there's no way to know at all how it sounded.

    The sheer unprecendated surprise of DLR appearing live onstage dueting with Billy Squier is actually kind of a big deal all things considered back then in 1983.

    How did EVH sound when he jammed with The Pretenders playing Crissie Hyndes Telecaster on Wild Thing.....was that also awful....

    How the hell do we know until we hear it with our own ears.

    Your comment seems to me very instinctive full of ignorant prejugment & disdain based upon the mere notion of Billy Squier & DLR performing live together. Maybe you are not a fan of Billy or Dave or just the idea of them together gives you an uncomfortable feeling uneasy to explain so quickly resort to impulsive negativity to quickly dismiss without even knowing.
    If only you were sober enough to have an actual insightful conversation.

    Hype the magnificence of a Squier/Roth duet all you like. Im sure folks at Irvine were riveted.

    Btw, all your vast knowledge of VH seems to be based on your even vaster collection of bootlegs. Get out some more dude. See music live. The way its meant to be experienced.

  16. #2232
    Baluchitherium Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    04.28.12
    Location
    vancouver
    Posts
    4,360
    Favorite VH Album

    all 7
    Favorite VH Song

    ATBL & The Full Bug
    Last Online

    03.24.19 @ 07:20 AM
    Likes
    1,843
    Liked 2,555 Times in 1,185 Posts

    Default

    You can read all about Wolfs input here.....

    https://www.soundonsound.com/people/...n-halen-tattoo

  17. The Following Member Likes This Post:


  18. #2233
    Baluchitherium Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    04.28.12
    Location
    vancouver
    Posts
    4,360
    Favorite VH Album

    all 7
    Favorite VH Song

    ATBL & The Full Bug
    Last Online

    03.24.19 @ 07:20 AM
    Likes
    1,843
    Liked 2,555 Times in 1,185 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Van Squalen View Post
    If only you were sober enough to have an actual insightful conversation.

    Hype the magnificence of a Squier/Roth duet all you like. I’m sure folks at Irvine were riveted.

    Btw, all your vast knowledge of VH seems to be based on your even vaster ollection of bootlegs. Get out some more dude. See music live. The way it’s meant to be experienced.
    No- I was just questioning why you so immediately assumed it would be " awful" .

    What precedance was there to conclude how it would be one way or another. Good or bad.

    Your comment assumed the worst. Right off the bat.

    So I was simply questioning that negativity of yours is all.( Yes in my addmititdly mildly inhebriated state.) haha.

  19. The Following Member Likes This Post:


  20. #2234
    Baluchitherium Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    04.28.12
    Location
    vancouver
    Posts
    4,360
    Favorite VH Album

    all 7
    Favorite VH Song

    ATBL & The Full Bug
    Last Online

    03.24.19 @ 07:20 AM
    Likes
    1,843
    Liked 2,555 Times in 1,185 Posts

    Default

    How the fuck am I suposed to see VH live when they only tour every 5 years or so....and last time didnt even play here in 2015.....

    Get out more I get out plenty but not to see VH shows.

    1981, 1982, 1984, 1986, 2007, 2012....thats it....all I've seen....

    You bastards dont know how lucky you are to live in highly populated areas.....where you can just jump from Inglewood to San Jose to Anahiem to San Francisco to Los Angelous to Fresno to....etc...etc....

    God knows how many venues & cities in California.....

    Not to mention New York, & New England etc etc......

    We get 1 show up here.....thats it....no second chances.....

  21. #2235
    Atomic Punk Van Squalen's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.21.03
    Posts
    25,363
    Last Online

    03.24.19 @ 11:20 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 2,759 Times in 1,766 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    No- I was just questioning why you so immediately assumed it would be " awful" .

    What precedance was there to conclude how it would be one way or another. Good or bad.

    Your comment assumed the worst. Right off the bat.

    So I was simply questioning that negativity of yours is all.( Yes in my addmititdly mildly inhebriated state.) haha.
    I didnt assume the worst. I stated what most of the hard rock world views as canon.

    DLR solo and Billy Squier suck. Together, they suck twice as much.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Which lineup would you LEAST like to see on tour in 2019?
    By I Coulda Hada VH in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 152
    Last Post: 12.12.18, 09:22 AM
  2. Dixie Dregs original lineup to reunite for first time since 1977; N. American Tour
    By Al Van Bundy in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Music Only)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04.02.18, 09:10 AM
  3. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 12.02.08, 06:17 AM
  4. Van Halen REALLY going nostalgic for the reunion tour?
    By 5150 in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 07.06.07, 05:17 PM
  5. Launch.com says reunion rumors are untrue
    By chadsex in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 12.06.06, 08:07 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •