Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

11.12.19 @ 08:33 PM
    Liked 16,810 Times in 7,398 Posts

Talking The Long Awaited SECOND Lowtide Album!

Ok some guys have been bugging me to put this up for like years, so I finally got the balls to upload the tracks online. This is our second cd, we titled it "3." And no it has no connection to Chickenfoot. We called it that because like a year ago when we did the artwork, our original bass player had quit, so he's the dead fish on the front, and there were three of us left...hence the 3. Duh right? Of course now he's back, so it makes little sense, but my cousin did the artwork, so we're keeping it. Our bass player doesn't mind, he thinks it's funny. I mean he quit at the time, he wasn't kicked out.

I'm not super proud of the songs. Most of what we recorded were the tracks that we didn't think were good enough for the first CD, but at the time 7 years ago we didn't have enough new stuff completely finished that we liked, so we opted to record stuff we left off the first CD for whatever reason. Some songs definitely should have been on the first one, and some were "eh let's do it anyway just so we have it documented somewhere." We also didn't have near the budget we did the first time so the vocals weren't done in an amazing studio like the first time, we had to work with what we had. The guitars are more to my liking, they're more hard rock, less "metal," but the sound didn't come out the way I hoped. At this point, I just want it to be done in my mind by putting it out there, it ain't gonna get any better. We've all listened to it and cringed at a lot of stuff, but as the saying goes, "it is what it is."

As for what guitars I used on this album, I actually wrote them down in case I needed to fix anything later on I knew what axe to use. On all the distorted rhythm tracks (I'm on the left channel btw), I used my VH Rasta with an EVH Frankenstein pickup. On anything clean, I used my Dave Murray Superstrat Replica...I just recently made it into a Dave Murray replica...because why not. I used the neck pickup, which is an SD Jazz...great pickup FYI. On the solos I again used my VH Rasta on everything except for "Little Strummer" where I used my '96 Peavey Wolfgang on the neck pickup, and the short little lead line between verses on "Walk Alone" is my '84 Kramer Pacer Imperial...which I used on EVERYTHING on the first CD. Our singer used his beautiful purple American '96 ESP M2 Deluxe on everything. He does the solos on "I don't Know" and "Walk Alone." You can tell because they don't sound anything like me.

So you don't need to BUY anything, just stream the songs below. Bandcamp makes you put monetary values on shit, but you don't need to pay to listen to them. Go easy!
    Don't say I didn't warn you.

I'm also uploading separately like what would be the inside of the CD with the credits and stuff because you can't see it on Bandcamp. Click on it, it blows it up some.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lowtide_2016_cdinside.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	69.4 KB 
ID:	4275

Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

Check Out My YouTube Guitar Videos!
    http://www.youtube.com/banoneguitar
    Direct Link To Subscribe To My Channel!
    http://www.youtube.com/banoneguitar?sub_confirmation=1

Favorite VH Album

Pirates of the Carribean
    Favorite VH Song

How Many Say Aye?
    Last Online

11.12.19 @ 01:53 PM
    Liked 2,868 Times in 1,479 Posts

Donor

FINALLY!!!!! Thanks.
    -TVH-

There seems to be some perverse human characteristic that likes to make easy things difficult. -Warren Buffett

If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace. -Thomas Paine

What is government itself but the greatest of all reflections on human nature? - James Madison

Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian. - Henry Ford

3. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Song

Hang `em High, I'm the One
    Last Online

11.12.19 @ 08:00 PM
    Liked 1,978 Times in 1,128 Posts

Premium Member

This sounds really well-recorded! So you did this in a real studio and not at home, I'm guessing (it can be impossible to tell these days)?

The drummer is killing it for sure, and you've got a good singer, which is like finding a unicorn.

When I heard the line in "Woodstock," something about, "I fly over and shit in your hair," I knew I wasn't hearing the Joni Mitchell song that Crosby Stills & Nash did.

Sounds like it could fit with a lot of the 2000-today modern rock stuff I hear on our "active rock" station.

5. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

11.12.19 @ 01:48 PM
    Liked 26,545 Times in 13,390 Posts

About fucking time!!

Didn't you post Weathered Kind somewhere before? Maybe a live version from a club gig?

Your comments reminded me of a comment Geddy Lee made once, (VERY paraphrased) "mastering is the killing of dreams, as it never sounds on tape what it sounded like in your head."
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

7. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

11.12.19 @ 08:23 PM
    Liked 11,753 Times in 6,584 Posts

I like that band but the guitar player ain't so good.

9. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

11.12.19 @ 01:48 PM
    Liked 26,545 Times in 13,390 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    I like that band but the guitar player ain't so good.
    I hear Eddie is available.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

11. The Following 4 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    About fucking time!!

Didn't you post Weathered Kind somewhere before? Maybe a live version from a club gig?

Your comments reminded me of a comment Geddy Lee made once, (VERY paraphrased) "mastering is the killing of dreams, as it never sounds on tape what it sounded like in your head."
    Yeah I did, but I think it was before it was mastered.

Haha Geddy is right.
    Webmaster

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by ArtyBoy View Post
    This sounds really well-recorded! So you did this in a real studio and not at home, I'm guessing (it can be impossible to tell these days)?

The drummer is killing it for sure, and you've got a good singer, which is like finding a unicorn.

When I heard the line in "Woodstock," something about, "I fly over and shit in your hair," I knew I wasn't hearing the Joni Mitchell song that Crosby Stills & Nash did.

Sounds like it could fit with a lot of the 2000-today modern rock stuff I hear on our "active rock" station.
    So the drums we did in a real studio. The rest we did at home basically. Guitars were done with amp modelers not our real amps. Vocals we did in our singerís home, he has a soundproof room. On our first cd we had access to an amazing vocal studio that we got to use for free!

Our singer is only our singer by necessity as we never over the years found anyone we either liked or was reliable, and that was fine because Iím not a fan of 5-piece bands. I like 4-pieces. He does well enough for not being a real singer. As the years have gone by heís gotten a lot better. He cringes at some of the vocals on this, if we recorded them now they would be better. This was seven years ago. But I thought he did a good job.

Haha yep wrong Woodstock...weíre waiting for the Charles Schultz family to sue us. It is one of first songs we wrote as a band like 20 years ago. It was just supposed to be a silly novelty tune but people who came to see us back in the day always liked it so it stuck around. That is one so we wanted to record for the first CD but we just ran out of time in the studio to do the drums for it that day. The bridge is actually very similar to ďHit the LightsĒ by Metallica so they can sue us too.

Appreciate the comments man!
    Webmaster

Favorite VH Album

=VH= II
    Last Online

Liked 2,518 Times in 1,328 Posts

Premium Member

Cool, man! I especially like the heavier tracks like 1, 3, 7, naturally.
    ☩ ☩ ☩

15. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Last Online

11.12.19 @ 10:56 AM
    Liked 2,160 Times in 912 Posts

Premium Member

Listening now, really like the 1st song. Singer isn't bad at all. Brett, how did you get your whole album from bandcamp to show up in a post like that?

Thanks!
    ~Eric

17. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    This is our second cd, we titled it "3." And no it has no connection to Chickenfoot.
    But is there a connection to a certain Van Halen release from 1998?

Last Online

11.12.19 @ 05:12 PM
    Liked 4,557 Times in 1,718 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Jammin' to this at my desk at work right now. Really dig it so far. The two guitars blend and divide parts really well.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Default The Long Awaited Second LOWTIDE Album!

Quote Originally Posted by EJC View Post
    Listening now, really like the 1st song. Singer isn't bad at all. Brett, how did you get your whole album from bandcamp to show up in a post like that?

Thanks!
    ~Eric
    Thanks man. He does well for being a guitar player who has been forced to sing. Weíve spent a lot of time on vocals over the last few years since we do a lot of covers now, this was recorded 7 years ago a lot has changed. Heís been forced into this for like 20 years now.

So itís magic with the Bandcamp link.

No actually itís because I can post HTML on the board nobody else can, because assholes can cause viruses by exploiting it if theyíre smart enough. But if you want me to post a link for you just send me the code and I will.
    Webmaster

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Default The Long Awaited Second LOWTIDE Album!

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi McFly View Post
    Jammin' to this at my desk at work right now. Really dig it so far. The two guitars blend and divide parts really well.
    Thanks dude appreciate it. We really have two completely different styles of playing. Heís much more of a power chord guy and Iím not so it does complement each other. Heíll play those rooted chords and Iíll do the more chimey, open sounding stuff and it works. We usually will work out what chords each of us are doing so it gives it a bigger sound. Well actually I just ask him what heís playing and then do something totally different. Haha. Weíve been playing so long together itís pretty much second nature how to construct that stuff.
    Webmaster

Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    Thanks man. He does well for being a guitar player who has been forced to sing. We’ve spent a lot of time on vocals over the last few years since we do a lot of covers now, this was recorded 7 years ago a lot has changed. He’s been forced into this for like 20 years now.

So it’s magic with the Bandcamp link.

No actually it’s because I can post HTML on the board nobody else can, because assholes can cause viruses by exploiting it if they’re smart enough. But if you want me to post a link for you just send me the code and I will.
    Ah, ok cool. We are finishing up the next "album" thingy with Jeff Thal. Once we release that on bandcamp prob in February, I'll def have you post it like that, really cool to just click on the songs from a post. Thanks! bro!

~Eric