Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Last Online

12.07.18 @ 04:26 PM
    Liked 1,178 Times in 502 Posts

Default a few hard rockers re-mixed with Jeff Thal on drums

This dude is like one of my favorite drummers now... I'm so blessed to have him play on our shit...

https://kingslevel1.bandcamp.com/track/happening-again

https://kingslevel1.bandcamp.com/tra...d-end-friend-2

~E

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.10.18 @ 09:03 AM
    Liked 14,379 Times in 6,258 Posts

Those sound great dude! How did you get him to play on your stuff?
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Last Online

Thanks Brett! Jeff lives in Florida and does studio work. I found him online once I gave up trying to find a drummer locally for our music. I can't say enough good things about him. Aside from being a world class drummer, he is a super nice guy and has an unmatched knowledge of music . I send him our completed tracks with just a click track. He has his drums set up in the studio and does 1 or 2 takes, and sends them back to us with the click and his track. Then he calls and we discuss... Once we are all cool with everything, he sends a zip file or drop box thing with 9 tracks, one for each drum and cymbal, and we mix those tracks down into our tracks. I can't even put into words how convenient it is for us. I don't even give a shit about local gigs anymore for 20 people. Please reach out to him if you have anything you want him on. Tell him Eric from NJ/Kings Level 1 referred you.

https://www.jeffthal.com/professional-drummer

~E

4. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.10.18 @ 08:52 AM
    Liked 1,493 Times in 844 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EJC View Post
    Thanks Brett! Jeff lives in Florida and does studio work. I found him online once I gave up trying to find a drummer locally for our music. I can't say enough good things about him. Aside from being a world class drummer, he is a super nice guy and has an unmatched knowledge of music . I send him our completed tracks with just a click track. He has his drums set up in the studio and does 1 or 2 takes, and sends them back to us with the click and his track. Then he calls and we discuss... Once we are all cool with everything, he sends a zip file or drop box thing with 9 tracks, one for each drum and cymbal, and we mix those tracks down into our tracks. I can't even put into words how convenient it is for us. I don't even give a shit about local gigs anymore for 20 people. Please reach out to him if you have anything you want him on. Tell him Eric from NJ/Kings Level 1 referred you.

https://www.jeffthal.com/professional-drummer

~E
    Your singer sounds good. Do you think he might be up for being "borrowed?" I've got some tracks he might fit on. Don't worry, I'm down in Georgia and wouldn't think of putting together a band to play out, so I'm not "stealing" your singer!

I'm with you, for the posting things online. More people will hear me by posting a song on Facebook than if I put a band together and begged a bar to let us play on Tuesday night. Some people say computers ruined music. No way! Computers have been the GREATEST thing for music!

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by ArtyBoy View Post
    Your singer sounds good. Do you think he might be up for being "borrowed?" I've got some tracks he might fit on. Don't worry, I'm down in Georgia and wouldn't think of putting together a band to play out, so I'm not "stealing" your singer!

I'm with you, for the posting things online. More people will hear me by posting a song on Facebook than if I put a band together and begged a bar to let us play on Tuesday night. Some people say computers ruined music. No way! Computers have been the GREATEST thing for music!
    Sure man, no problem. You can just hit him up on facebook (Wally Govern III). I will say, be patient. He lives 5 minutes away from me and I still rarely see him. He has a demanding career and is a young father. But he lives for music. We record everything (except drums) at my bass players studio.

But yeah - I used to be all about getting "shows". Waste of time. We produce our music in-house, and work with online radio stations all over the world to get some airplay. Plus all the social media shit... You can get a MUCH bigger audience online than at a small club. It's still fun to play out once in awhile, but it's really not a requirement for us. Thanks for listening!

~E

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Default a few hard rockers re-mixed with Jeff Thal on drums

We donít play out anymore unless itís a paying gig and weíll just do covers. Playing our original shit at age 47 on a Tuesday night ainít happening anymore. Waste of time. Been there done that a billion times. Iíve been playing with the same guys for almost 20 years.
    Webmaster

JamToThis.com
    Tons of Van Halen!

Last Online

I would think the LA Scene has to be lightyears better then the Jersey Shore? We could get shows whenever we want, it's just they seem to be a waste of time. The promoters put like 5 bands on the ticket and its a total cluster fuck load in/load out, having to keep an eye on all your gear, etc. I understand their thought process though... 5 bands, so about 20-25 band members, each band gets 10-15 people there, you can fill a small club with about 75-100 people or so... Keeps the bartenders busy, so the venue continues to work with said promoter. It's fun... But at the end of the day, nobody other than who you bring out really cares about your band. I would say if anything, there are TOO many bands here so everything gets watered down. We certainly aren't Dream Theater live, but we have played with some bands that don't even know how to tune their guitars or dial in an amp. It just makes the whole show look 2nd rate when that happens.

~E

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Dude it isnít much different here, it really isnít. Weíve been through all those same hassles for many many years and it just isnít worth it anymore to showcase originals for 45 minutes. Very few people are going to come out on a fucking Tuesday night to watch you I donít care how good of friends or family they are. And I donít have much fun playing in front of 10 people.

At this point in my life Iíd rather play live with some people in the audience and if that means playing covers on a Saturday night thatís what weíll do.

I feel your pain.
    Webmaster

JamToThis.com
    Tons of Van Halen!