Favorite VH Album

WACF
    Favorite VH Song

As Is
    Last Online

01.19.19 @ 06:50 AM
    Liked 220 Times in 120 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by evhintexas View Post
    I have both--the feel of the EVH Standard is way better than the Axis in my opinion. The electronics of the Axis are much better than the EVH Standard. I don't care for the location of the toggle switch on the Axis. Both Trem systems are pretty cheap as well....
    Putting all the electronics from the Axis into the EVH may be the way to go. There were several nights I was playing the Standard and really couldn't tell the difference in playability between the Standard, the Special, and the USA. A lot of Crown went into those nights...LOL. There is a definite tone difference between the Standard and the Special and USA. The tone difference between the Standard and Axis is quite a bit as well...I just don't like the junk ass pick ups in the Standard. All of my guitars are set up to about 1.25 to 1.5mm at the 12th fret with trem bar tension about the same(2springs) as well. Hard call---junk electronics in the Standard and a feel I don't care for with the Axis....
    I put a regular size brass block on the standard trem & added titanium string blocks and it made a huge difference on that trem.

2. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Eruption
    Last Online

01.17.19 @ 06:52 AM
    Liked 279 Times in 151 Posts

I know they'd never announce it like other artist appearances at NAMM. But has anyone heard if the man himself plans to make an appearance at the Fender area? I think he's only done it on Wednesday, the media preview day, in the recent past. I can't get there until Thurs.

Last Online

01.19.19 @ 09:48 PM
    Liked 110 Times in 62 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Lee View Post
    I know they'd never announce it like other artist appearances at NAMM. But has anyone heard if the man himself plans to make an appearance at the Fender area? I think he's only done it on Wednesday, the media preview day, in the recent past. I can't get there until Thurs.
    With Ed back in full on recluse mode the last few years, I woudnít expect any public appearances.

Eruption
    Last Online

01.17.19 @ 06:52 AM
    Liked 279 Times in 151 Posts

Well, Mike is appearing at the Peavey booth, but I can't deal with the crowds on Saturday and, while I'm sure he'll be there at other times, they've only announced Saturday afternoon. Hell no! I don't know if I'd go back on Sat. to see Ed. It's such a zoo. And I ride a motorcycle there, so I bypass all traffic and park for free at the Sheraton. Still can't deal with the crowds. Sat. I'll be at the OC Guitar Show.

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

01.18.19 @ 03:19 PM
    Liked 13 Times in 9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post

You know Iíve had times where Iíve thought I should just get a Fender Wolf or a Striped Series and Iíve gone to Guitar Center and sat and played them for a good while trying to convince myself to buy one. And in the end I just never feel like Iíd play it if I got it.
    I'm an Axis player myself and have had mine over 20 years now, and it still plays and sounds amazing. I've never found another guitar that sounded even half as good. I had one of the limited edition red, white and black striped Wolfgangs with the maple neck, but it was just lying there in the case not being played. I had a flood and thinking about what could have happened to it just convinced me to sell it to someone who'd appreciate it and hopefully actually use it.

The Wolfgang, to me, just doesn't feel as easy to play as my EBMM - and I'm 6 foot 2 with big hands, so you'd think the bigger neck would suit me more. I REALLY wanted to like the 5150 replica but again, the neck just felt too chunky compared to what my hands seem to prefer.

So Ed, it's not for lack of my WANTING to buy your stuff, but the older stuff just feels 'better' in my hands.
    Does the noise in my head bother you ?

Last Online

01.20.19 @ 04:57 AM
    Liked 4,084 Times in 1,570 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Lee View Post
    Well, Mike is appearing at the Peavey booth, but I can't deal with the crowds on Saturday and, while I'm sure he'll be there at other times, they've only announced Saturday afternoon. Hell no! I don't know if I'd go back on Sat. to see Ed. It's such a zoo. And I ride a motorcycle there, so I bypass all traffic and park for free at the Sheraton. Still can't deal with the crowds. Sat. I'll be at the OC Guitar Show.
    Saturday's really that much worse than Thursday/Friday? Well I'm glad I get there Wednesday night.