Banned!
    Last Online

11.25.18 @ 06:41 PM
    Liked 11,189 Times in 6,765 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine97(Version 2) View Post
    Well, the flu kills, for one.

Bsbll4 is right on this.
    Never killed me and I've had it all my life.

Favorite VH Album

=VH= II
    Last Online

10.20.19 @ 03:05 AM
    Liked 2,481 Times in 1,319 Posts

Premium Member

Yeah, I'll take my chances against the flu. And it makes your immune system stronger when it has to fight off some bugs. Vaccinations make you weaker.
    Heck, more people are vaccinated today than at any other time in history and more people died last year of the flu than ever. People are weakening their immune system's ability to protect them.

Also, by pumping everyone full of vaccines we are forcing mutations of the germs/bacteria/disease that we're fighting against. Nature is always one step ahead in this race, and every challenge that we bring against a virus only pushes the disease further in the direction of becoming more and more resistant and ever more lethal. Hospitals are having a hell of a time today fighting infections today due to these resistant mutating germs.

Here's a fun little documentary about the polio vaccine and AIDS.
    Can jump to 13:45..
    Last edited by Wruff_ajax; 10.29.18 at 02:41 PM.
    ☩ ☩ ☩

Last Online

10.19.19 @ 11:37 PM
    Liked 4,204 Times in 2,672 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by bsbll4 View Post
    I know we all hate nameless, faceless "big pharma," but the reality is that we just haven't found a reliable cure for most cancers. It's a bitch to solve.
    Actually, we have.

As was said...it's far more profitable to treat symptoms than it is to cure. And passive population control has been in effect for some time now. For obvious reasons.

It's not enough to be wealthy to have access to cures for terminal disease. Relevancy is what'll get you cured, not wealth. Not one US president in the last 50 years has died of cancer. Alzheimer's (Reagan) and neuro diseases are indeed much harder riddles to solve. We know jack shit about the human brain as of yet.

But you don't need to be globally relevant to cure your cancer. You just need access and knowledge of the right holistic remedy. Most people just listen to their doctors and follow the standard procedure. Chemo, radiation, surgery. My parents did. They both died from different cancers within six months of each other.

Tip: there's a reason native and aboriginal and indigenous elders live a lot longer - and more important, healthier - lives than aged Americans. Longevity isn't as important as well being. Most American elders who live to 90 suffer in some unnecessary way. Prolonging life isn't as important as having a pain free one.

Banned!
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Van Squalen View Post
    Actually, we have.

As was said...it's far more profitable to treat symptoms than it is to cure. And passive population control has been in effect for some time now. For obvious reasons.

It's not enough to be wealthy to have access to cures for terminal disease. Relevancy is what'll get you cured, not wealth. Not one US president in the last 50 years has died of cancer. Alzheimer's (Reagan) and neuro diseases are indeed much harder riddles to solve. We know jack shit about the human brain as of yet.

But you don't need to be globally relevant to cure your cancer. You just need access and knowledge of the right holistic remedy. Most people just listen to their doctors and follow the standard procedure. Chemo, radiation, surgery. My parents did. They both died from different cancers within six months of each other.

Tip: there's a reason native and aboriginal and indigenous elders live a lot longer - and more important, healthier - lives than aged Americans. Longevity isn't as important as well being. Most American elders who live to 90 suffer in some unnecessary way. Prolonging life isn't as important as having a pain free one.
    I'd be curious to know if there is more Cancer today than centuries ago.

Last Online

10.19.19 @ 11:37 PM
    Liked 4,204 Times in 2,672 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by CaboChris View Post
    That much is certain, surely you know that. Brought on by the world we live in. Plastics. What we eat, what we drink, exposure to far more radiation than ever before, the sun itself blasting on us through less filtering than previous centuries, side effects of laboratory medicines and prodecures...the list goes on and on.

The more synthetic stuff we create, the more susceptible we become to its potential side effects.

Conversely, this is usually where convenience proponents will note, "Yeah, but we live a lot longer thanks to modern science." Which is true. Biologically we're still hard-wired to only last about 35-40 years. That's why your teeth start jacking out at that age lol. It all depends on your environment, what you're exposed to each day, and what you eat and drink...and how you treat your ailments once they manifest.

People are super scared of death. We all want to live a long time, but the truth is, it's far better to live well in a short time than to live longer and suffer needlessly simply due to fear.

Which is, alas, what most 20th and 21st century Americans end up doing.

As one Diamond Dave or Highlander Kurgan would say...."It's better to burn out than to fade away!"
    Last edited by Van Squalen; 10.29.18 at 03:43 PM.

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

10.20.19 @ 02:49 AM
    Liked 11,589 Times in 6,485 Posts

Certainly, more yup. Part of that is also that we live through it more often. Our grandparents got cancer and died. Our parents might have beat it twice and then died the 3rd time. That's two more times someone getting cancer. Kind of skews the numbers a little bit.

8. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Banned!
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    Certainly, more yup. Part of that is also that we live through it more often. Our grandparents got cancer and died. Our parents might have beat it twice and then died the 3rd time. That's two more times someone getting cancer. Kind of skews the numbers a little bit.
    What was the last thing we cured? I'm truly at a loss for the progress we've made.

It seemed like all the major discoveries/cures were so many decades ago.

It seems like we make headway now but never ever seem to eradicate.

All we do now is prolong or delay symptoms.

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

10.20.19 @ 01:37 AM
    Liked 3,943 Times in 2,401 Posts

Premium Member

I know we have a few MDs on here over the years. Would like to hear your take on this if your out there. Mainly the cure vs the treatment issue.
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

Favorite VH Album

The First One
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

10.19.19 @ 10:46 PM
    Liked 24,466 Times in 13,903 Posts

Premium Member

Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die ...
    "It's so lonely at the top because it's so crowded at the bottom" - Diamond David Lee Roth

"The truth sounds like hate to those who hate the truth" - Todd Wagner

"Women and Children First ... The REAL Van Halen III"

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Push comes to shove
    Last Online

10.19.19 @ 09:12 PM
    Liked 1,392 Times in 853 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Todd Beamer was a long time friend of mine. I had known him since I was 15 years old.
    I truly believe the Gov knew 9/11 was coming.
    There is no way the Gov did not know who was in those flight schools. A good friend of mine was at those flight schools in Florida and Oklahoma. He was followed, constantly investigated, had the FBI knocking on his door type stuff while in those flight schools.
    Too much unusual stuff went on that day......
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

“A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government.”

13. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

10.19.19 @ 10:30 PM
    Liked 4,518 Times in 2,729 Posts

Default Crazy Shit You Believe

Flu and Pneumonia are the 8th leading cause of death in the US.

Anyway, that’s not how vaccines or the flu work. Just because one has been a champ against the flu doesn’t mean it won’t happen in the future. And a lot of people who think they’ve had it probably haven’t. The flu makes a cold look like a slap on the back.

But even if you’re a flu champ, it isn’t just about you, but the immunocompromised around you—elderly, children, and especially babies.

As far as vaccines, they don’t cause the virus to mutate. The virus simply mutates. It doesn’t make people weaker, it builds the immune system to fight it. And even if you get a different strain it means you’ll have milder symptoms, which is good.

The problem with resistant strains is bacteria. And that’s a problem with overprescribing and people not finish their prescribed routine because they feel better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Atomic Punk Get The Show On The Road's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

10.19.19 @ 10:03 PM
    Liked 16,714 Times in 8,800 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by evhintexas View Post
    Todd Beamer was a long time friend of mine. I had known him since I was 15 years old.
    I truly believe the Gov knew 9/11 was coming.
    There is no way the Gov did not know who was in those flight schools. A good friend of mine was at those flight schools in Florida and Oklahoma. He was followed, constantly investigated, had the FBI knocking on his door type stuff while in those flight schools.
    Too much unusual stuff went on that day......
    Agree.

Middle Eastern guys in flight schools saying they dont care about learning how to land?

Really?
    The only genre I really know is Van Halen.

17. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

05.08.19 @ 09:10 AM
    Liked 4,223 Times in 2,233 Posts

Because assuming an alien civilization has the technology capable of bringing themselves here, they could just as easily travel to any other environment where the resources they need are in abundance. It's like if I offered you a doughnut, but gave you two options on the table in front of you. One option is just a doughnut ready for you to take and enjoy, the other is buried under a bunch of stuff and isn't even fully cooked yet. Which one would you take?

There's nothing to say that our world would be hospitable to them anyway. Heck, our planet wouldn't be hospitable to us for most of its history.
    That's a great great point. The subject of time scales should be a part of the conversation more often. Not only are we just a blip on the time scale of the universe, our own planet has changed many times in ways that would make it impossible for us to live here.

So the theory is that scientists who go to school with the desire to cure cancer...are faking it? Do they knock off the people that discover the cures and scrub their research from public papers? What about the public funding for it?

I know we all hate nameless, faceless "big pharma," but the reality is that we just haven't found a reliable cure for most cancers. It's a bitch to solve.
    That one never made sense to me.
    Was Jackie O not important enough to get the cure? John Wayne? Ted Kennedy? William Rehnquist? David Bowie? Paul Newman? Walt Disney? Steve Jobs??

Never killed me and I've had it all my life.
    Wow! That's one long battle with the flu, dude! I've had it a few times, but I got over it.

My Mom got it 2 years ago and nearly died. She made it on pure will I guess. It was scary. I made her get a flu shot last year and she was fine. Currently trying to get her to get one this year but she is stubborn and has a short memory.

Quote Originally Posted by Wruff_ajax View Post
    Yeah, I'll take my chances against the flu. And it makes your immune system stronger when it has to fight off some bugs. Vaccinations make you weaker.
    Heck, more people are vaccinated today than at any other time in history and more people died last year of the flu than ever. People are weakening their immune system's ability to protect them.

Also, by pumping everyone full of vaccines we are forcing mutations of the germs/bacteria/disease that we're fighting against. Nature is always one step ahead in this race, and every challenge that we bring against a virus only pushes the disease further in the direction of becoming more and more resistant and ever more lethal. Hospitals are having a hell of a time today fighting infections today due to these resistant mutating germs.
    You may be thinking of antibiotics.

There is.

It's easy to figure out why.

Cancer is an age related disease. You are more likely to get it the older you get.

We've doubled our life spans in the last 120 years or so. Just do the math.

People used to die of cancer less simply because they died of other things first.

But if you want to hear about age-adjusted cancer rates? They are going down. i.e. you are less likely to die of cancer at any given age today than in the past.

What was the last thing we cured? I'm truly at a loss for the progress we've made.

It seemed like all the major discoveries/cures were so many decades ago.

It seems like we make headway now but never ever seem to eradicate.

All we do now is prolong or delay symptoms.
    We should brag about this stuff more. But the media is more interested in talking about negative stories.

http://www.healthinsurancequotes.org...-our-lifetime/

And here are 6 more that are fast approaching the "cure" stage.

http://www.viralnova.com/cure-diseases/

We forget that there are many different kinds of "cancer". There is never going to be one "cure".

But we have actually manged to cure several types of cancer on a regular basis:

https://www.boldsky.com/health/welln...ly-106721.html

19. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

10.20.19 @ 01:37 AM
    Liked 3,943 Times in 2,401 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine97(Version 2) View Post
    Flu and Pneumonia are the 8th leading cause of death in the US.

Anyway, that’s not how vaccines or the flu work. Just because one has been a champ against the flu doesn’t mean it won’t happen in the future. And a lot of people who think they’ve had it probably haven’t. The flu makes a cold look like a slap on the back.

But even if you’re a flu champ, it isn’t just about you, but the immunocompromised around you—elderly, children, and especially babies.

As far as vaccines, they don’t cause the virus to mutate. The virus simply mutates. It doesn’t make people weaker, it builds the immune system to fight it. And even if you get a different strain it means you’ll have milder symptoms, which is good.

The problem with resistant strains is bacteria. And that’s a problem with overprescribing and people not finish their prescribed routine because they feel better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I always say to people if your lucky to live into your 80s without getting cancer, heart disease, hit by a bus etc. Flu and pneumonia will kill you.
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

21. The Following Member Likes This Post: