Page 243 of 243 FirstFirst ... 143193233240241242243
Results 3,631 to 3,634 of 3634
    Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

06.18.19 @ 09:03 AM
    Liked 10,699 Times in 6,002 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darrin Stephens View Post
    I think fans have not adjusted to players in evaluating players who now come in as teenagers. DLo was a total failure now being praised he posted stats at 22/23 no other PG has so young. These guys need time. Ball is still to be determined. I remember articles praising or shitting on the Knicks youngsters last year. They ended the year with the youngest roster EVER in league history and none of the starting 5 could even legally buy a drink. Knox is actually younger than RJ Barrett who is yet to even be drafted. You need to at least get 3 years in with these young guys now to see. Development is seldom a straight line. I do think Lonzo being in a low pressure environment may help him develop. High IQ, and great skills it is simply a we will see. Guys like Trey Burke had good rookie years and now he is not even in the league, Kawhi was not an instant star etc.... we have to wait before judging teenagers
    the problem of course is you bring them in so young and their first contract is up and you've gotten precious little out of them. You've just developed a guy you'll need to overpay to keep.

2. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

06.18.19 @ 05:50 AM
    Liked 6,309 Times in 3,269 Posts

Well I am a big proponent that if you have a fundamentally flawed motion of any sort, you better be Jim Furyk and can reproduce it at will whenever you want so you end up being accurate. Teaching a basketball player with a ugly jump shot to shoot for a high percentage is like teaching an inaccurate passer (with bad technique) in college to be good in the pros. Yes you can teach it up and they can reproduce it in shorts with nobody facing them. In game situations teaching usually goes out the window and 15 years of bad technique overrides it.

I just don't see it with Ball especially when you have his family drama coming in making him feel entitled. Maybe getting out of LA will be good for him but I think he will never be able to shoot consistently and you need to do that to be an All Star

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

06.18.19 @ 09:03 AM
    Liked 10,699 Times in 6,002 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ziggysmalls View Post
    Well I am a big proponent that if you have a fundamentally flawed motion of any sort, you better be Jim Furyk and can reproduce it at will whenever you want so you end up being accurate. Teaching a basketball player with a ugly jump shot to shoot for a high percentage is like teaching an inaccurate passer (with bad technique) in college to be good in the pros. Yes you can teach it up and they can reproduce it in shorts with nobody facing them. In game situations teaching usually goes out the window and 15 years of bad technique overrides it.

I just don't see it with Ball especially when you have his family drama coming in making him feel entitled. Maybe getting out of LA will be good for him but I think he will never be able to shoot consistently and you need to do that to be an All Star
    i imagine it might be

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

06.18.19 @ 09:46 AM
    Liked 3,045 Times in 2,086 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ziggysmalls View Post
    It could really go either way, but with his passing and defense, he could be an all star over the next 10 years at least once.

Last year L Ball at 21 years old was at 41 FG% and 33 3pt%

Rondo at 21 years old was at 49 FG% and 26 3pt% (became an all star 2 years later)

Ricky Rubio at 21 years old was at 36 FG% and 34 3pt% (became solid PG, but not all star)

Ben Simmons at 21 years old was at 54 FG% (on dunks..lol) and 0 3pt% (became an all star 1 year later)

Jason Kidd at 21 years old was at 38 FG% and 27 3pt% (all star 1 year later)

++++

I agree with Scotty, he could do just enough to go from solid PG to All star in at least 1 season. After Curry, Russ and Harden are old in like 10 years.....lol