Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

to many to name
    Last Online

05.17.19 @ 08:10 AM
    Liked 142 Times in 91 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    he had his head up his ass on that play. Whole team just seem shell shocked all night.
    Itís fair to hold Nylander to a higher standard since he makes more money then all of them except two special players. Did you see how happy Babs is to have to trust him with Kadris spot?

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

07.20.19 @ 10:49 AM
    Liked 10,999 Times in 6,157 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Space_Cowboy View Post
    It’s fair to hold Nylander to a higher standard since he makes more money then all of them except two special players. Did you see how happy Babs is to have to trust him with Kadris spot?
    Not as far as competing. I expect everyone to give an effort. As far as point production, I agree with you. I expect more from Nylander than I do the 3rd and 4th liners. But Saturday he was no worse than anyone else on the ice. He had that one brain cramp that led directly to a goal but I went 10-15 minutes at a time without even noticing all of our stars were playing. It was just a beatdown.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

to many to name
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    Not as far as competing. I expect everyone to give an effort. As far as point production, I agree with you. I expect more from Nylander than I do the 3rd and 4th liners. But Saturday he was no worse than anyone else on the ice. He had that one brain cramp that led directly to a goal but I went 10-15 minutes at a time without even noticing all of our stars were playing. It was just a beatdown.
    No doubt they got thumped and no one really played well. Only reason I brought up Nylander was because AP did. And if you watch the games Pasternak will throw the body and get gritty whereas Nylander plays like a little bitch. You think with the money Nylander makes you would see him take over a game just once this season but he never does. Heís just fine coasting. Itís very frustrating and Iím far from the only one who thinks this way.

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

No doubt they got thumped and no one really played well. Only reason I brought up Nylander was because AP did. And if you watch the games Pasternak will throw the body and get gritty whereas Nylander plays like a little bitch. You think with the money Nylander makes you would see him take over a game just once this season but he never does. He’s just fine coasting. It’s very frustrating and I’m far from the only one who thinks this way.
    AP said it best, he's a finesse winger. That's just what he is. It's not that he's coasting but in a game like Saturday where players where being murdered (nice job by the refs completely losing control of that game by the way) a guy like him isn't gonna be a factor. Tonight will be a good test for all those guys.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

07.18.19 @ 02:21 PM
    Liked 3,082 Times in 2,113 Posts

So because he got an assist he is as good as Pasternak lol. I can’t believe you think their play is comparable just because of that. Did you see that fucking giveaway? Joe Bowan got it right. You’re wrong. I’ve seen Tim Hortons workers work harder than Nylander for minimum wage.
    Did you not see the lol... in my post???? I will add some extra smiley faces next time for you...... Pasta is an elite player and scorer, Willie is not in his league as a goal scorer or 2 way guy.

I also spelled out exactly what Nylander is. A FINESSE PASS FIRST WINGER. You can't seem to make this leap due to his $ salary. He is what he is. He is going to have several defensive lapses and not be a huge checking D-guy.

He is there to get his 1 assist a game. You take the good with the bad with him. If you don't understand it, you are going to be miserable.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

to many to name
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by atomicpunk5151 View Post
    Did you not see the lol... in my post???? I will add some extra smiley faces next time for you...... Pasta is an elite player and scorer, Willie is not in his league as a goal scorer or 2 way guy.

I also spelled out exactly what Nylander is. A FINESSE PASS FIRST WINGER. You can't seem to make this leap due to his $ salary. He is what he is. He is going to have several defensive lapses and not be a huge checking D-guy.

He is there to get his 1 assist a game. You take the good with the bad with him. If you don't understand it, you are going to be miserable.
    I get youíre busting my chops but nevertheless Iím going to be annoyed lol.

I know exactly what Nylander is. He does coast. Heís fine with his 1 assist. Which he does not get every game!!! I honestly think you are the one who doesnít get it and Iím surprised because I thought you were a smarter hockey guy than that. You donít go far in the playoffs with a guy like Nylander. You do with a guy like Pasternak and the two are the same size and make the same $. In the playoffs you fucking hit people. Itís stupid. Itís very noteworthy to mention what Nylander did this season by sitting out for more $ that MANY donít think he deserves. If he didnít do that I wouldnít have such a problem. But now here he is with his money and in my opinion the team isnít any bette with his presence in the lineup. Bowan saw it. Cherry saw it. I saw it. Letís see how he does tonight in the middle. I donít feel confident at all in him.

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

I think this is also a question of the style of play you like. There are a lot of Leaf fans who'd rather have a Wendel Clark than a Mats Sundin. It's because Wendel was tough, and hit and fought. Mats was a much better hockey player though - that detail is missed upon. That kind of fan will never like Nylander, he's too "soft" for them. The same fans thing Tie Domi was great most of the time.

Atomic Punk Get The Show On The Road's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

07.20.19 @ 10:35 AM
    Liked 15,766 Times in 8,271 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by cabomiro View Post
    . Go Flames

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Some good hard hitting hockey in game 2.

Let's hope it continues tonight.

Oh, and let's go Avs!
    The only genre I really know is Van Halen.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

I get you’re busting my chops but nevertheless I’m going to be annoyed lol.

I know exactly what Nylander is. He does coast. He’s fine with his 1 assist. Which he does not get every game!!! I honestly think you are the one who doesn’t get it and I’m surprised because I thought you were a smarter hockey guy than that. You don’t go far in the playoffs with a guy like Nylander. You do with a guy like Pasternak and the two are the same size and make the same $. In the playoffs you fucking hit people. It’s stupid. It’s very noteworthy to mention what Nylander did this season by sitting out for more $ that MANY don’t think he deserves. If he didn’t do that I wouldn’t have such a problem. But now here he is with his money and in my opinion the team isn’t any bette with his presence in the lineup. Bowan saw it. Cherry saw it. I saw it. Let’s see how he does tonight in the middle. I don’t feel confident at all in him.
    Get out of here with that shit. You are still missing the point.

I never said I liked or that I would personally coach or play his style.

I have just always said I understand why the Leafs signed him for what they did. I understand the current climate and salary structure of the NHL. We have been over it about 20 times now, but it doesn't sink in for your. We are not advocating for his style of play, both Mike and I are far more "Old School" than that.

Bottom line as Mike has tried to explain it to you as well. Nylander is a FINESSE PASS FIRST WINGER. Those kind of players make $5 to $7 Million per year in 2019. The salary structure has gone up for players across the board. Especially players about to hit RFA or guys hitting UFA. You can hate the current salary structure, but it does not change what it is.

Do you want the owners to just keep the $$$. Because it sure is not going to cheaper ticket prices.....

Also, if you are expecting him to be a checking 3rd line Center tonight..... you are going to be sadly disappointed again. Coach Babcock and the GM KD are the ones letting you down.

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

07.20.19 @ 11:18 AM
    Liked 25,626 Times in 12,934 Posts

Premium Member

Dear God, this AGAIN?
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

to many to name
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by atomicpunk5151 View Post
    Get out of here with that shit. You are still missing the point.

I never said I liked or that I would personally coach or play his style.

I have just always said I understand why the Leafs signed him for what they did. I understand the current climate and salary structure of the NHL. We have been over it about 20 times now, but it doesn't sink in for your. We are not advocating for his style of play, both Mike and I are far more "Old School" than that.

Bottom line as Mike has tried to explain it to you as well. Nylander is a FINESSE PASS FIRST WINGER. Those kind of players make $5 to $7 Million per year in 2019. The salary structure has gone up for players across the board. Especially players about to hit RFA or guys hitting UFA. You can hate the current salary structure, but it does not change what it is.

Do you want the owners to just keep the $$$. Because it sure is not going to cheaper ticket prices.....

Also, if you are expecting him to be a checking 3rd line Center tonight..... you are going to be sadly disappointed again. Coach Babcock and the GM KD are the ones letting you down.
    Iím expecting him to not be a fucking passenger. Did you see him look back at Anderson after his giveaway? If he made $5 mil and started the season it wouldnít be so bad. End of story. Yup Dubas let me down. No question there. End of story. Iím done talking about this punk.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    Dear God, this AGAIN?
    Can I interest you in a Playoff FIGHT. Shit is getting very chippy in the SJ/Vegas series.

It also looks like Joe Thornton will be suspended after a hit to the head.

Thornton, on Nosek hit: "I honestly thought I barely touched him ... I think my son hits me like that six times a day."

Ryan Reaves on Thorntonís reply to the Nosek hit: ďIíve got a buddy with a grandpa whoís going through the same thing. He canít see very well because heís getting old. Needs glasses. If he gets suspended heís going to have a hard time seeing from the press boxĒ

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

NHL DROPS drops the HAMMER on Kadri......

NHL Player Safety
    @NHLPlayerSafety

Toronto’s Nazem Kadri has been suspended for the remainder of the First Round for Cross-checking Boston’s Jake DeBrusk.

https://www.nhl.com/video/kadri-bann...360/c-67749503

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

07.20.19 @ 11:18 AM
    Liked 25,626 Times in 12,934 Posts

Premium Member

How many people saw both the Pens and the Lightning down 3 to 0.

One of the local sports radio guys had put a sizable parlay bet on the Caps and the Lightning winning their respective first round series. Oops.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    How many people saw both the Pens and the Lightning down 3 to 0.

One of the local sports radio guys had put a sizable parlay bet on the Caps and the Lightning winning their respective first round series. Oops.
    I would have bet BIG $$ on the Lightning. That was a crazy 1-8 matchup. TB had one of the best regular seasons of all time. Especially with all the turmoil in CBUS this year with Bob and Breadman.

You have to figure TB will come out blazing in Game 4. The Bolts are not a bunch of rookies either, they have several guys that are playoff battle tested from long runs in 2015, 2016 & 2018.

++++++++++++

As for the Pens, several people picked the Islanders. The Islanders were actually the higher seed and have home ice. Barry Trotz is a great shut down Coach.

The Pens Defense is absolutely playing like shit right now as well. They have been for a while now, several guys probably playing hurt as well. Jack Johnson is brutal in his own end.