Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

04.25.19 @ 02:51 PM
    Liked 2,900 Times in 1,984 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jrk5150 View Post
    Holy shit, this all couldn't have played out better for the Bruins. It is now a tremendous disappointment if they don't make the finals, and I'd venture to say they should win it all. They have the best record left standing, their nemesis team(s) playing golf, and they're healthy.

Tonight is big. Jackets coming in after an extended break, Bruins should be in rhythm and confident coming off a solid W. While a L wouldn't be the end of the world, it would be a really bad omen. There's no way they should lose this game. Or the series - Columbus is actually a better match up than the Leafs were. But this IS the Bruins, so who knows when they'll lay an egg.
    You would have to think the Bruins are the favorites here.

But......Can the BJacks continue their cinderella run?????

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

04.25.19 @ 07:20 PM
    Liked 10,291 Times in 5,763 Posts

Columbus looked outstanding in the first round. I wouldn't be overconfident if I was a Bruins fan. Columbus just wiped the ice with the consensus best team in the league.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

04.25.19 @ 02:51 PM
    Liked 2,900 Times in 1,984 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Get The Show On The Road View Post
    What are your thoughts on Avs/Sharks, AP?

Sharks swept the season series with two 1 goal victories.

I think this is a different Avs team than what we saw for much of the season. But I'm not going to lie, I would have preferred to match up with Vegas.

Still, I like the way the Avs are playing right now. I'm going to go with Avs in six.
    The Sharks have far more depth on lines 1 through 3. Avs are top heavy. Sharks would have home ice and be the favorite..... but look what that has gotten many high powered regular season teams so far...lol...

Big question will be if Sharks Captain and leading goal scorer Joe Pavelski is able to play in this series? If he is out, that would be a huge blow. Pavelski's net front presence on the Sharks PP is big.

Nathan MacKinnon is the BEST player on either team, so advantage Avs there. Though....Tomas Hertl is having a coming out party in these playoffs (leads NHL with 6 playoff goals).

Erik Karlsson also has to continue his scoring way. 9 points in the 7 games so far.

Goalies are a toss up. Martin Jones has the playoff experience, but he continues to be very inconsistent. Grubauer lacks experience, but he has solidified himself as the #1 in Colorado with his great 1st round performance.

4. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

04.25.19 @ 09:35 AM
    Liked 24,776 Times in 12,494 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by jrk5150 View Post
    Holy shit, this all couldn't have played out better for the Bruins. It is now a tremendous disappointment if they don't make the finals, and I'd venture to say they should win it all. They have the best record left standing, their nemesis team(s) playing golf, and they're healthy.

Tonight is big. Jackets coming in after an extended break, Bruins should be in rhythm and confident coming off a solid W. While a L wouldn't be the end of the world, it would be a really bad omen. There's no way they should lose this game. Or the series - Columbus is actually a better match up than the Leafs were. But this IS the Bruins, so who knows when they'll lay an egg.
    That's how I was thinking yesterday. I was like "dear God, the path is wide open...just take care of the fucking Hurricanes." But, man, you can never ever tell how a playoff hockey series is going to go.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

Massachusetts by way of the Great State of New Jersey
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Changes with the day
    Last Online

04.25.19 @ 05:08 PM
    Liked 987 Times in 631 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    Columbus looked outstanding in the first round. I wouldn't be overconfident if I was a Bruins fan. Columbus just wiped the ice with the consensus best team in the league.
    Oh, I have zero confidence, LOL. And I'm not alone. All the success this area has had doesn't overcome the scars of when they (team of choice) are going to choke it away. My comments are what SHOULD happen. Bruins are the better team, and had the better season. But they could also completely cough up a fur-ball. Especially Tuukka - his record is spotty at best in the playoffs. Much worse than spotty really. He played very well in games 6 and 7 though, so here's to hoping...

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

to many to name
    Last Online

04.25.19 @ 11:02 AM
    Liked 142 Times in 91 Posts

The parity in these playoffs has been unprecedented to say the least. I know anything can happen and there are upsets in the NHL playoffs but it's never been anything close to this. I had a Tampa-Jets final lol... Tampa got screwed getting Columbus.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Changes with the day
    Last Online

Premium Member

Donor

Funny enough I thought Boston got screwed getting Toronto and then Tampa if they beat the Leafs.

And given how many teams got knocked off...what were the fairer match ups?

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

04.25.19 @ 01:05 PM
    Liked 3,521 Times in 1,741 Posts

Premium Member

St. Louis has home ice advantage (not that it has meant much in these playoffs) against Dallas, but 3 of the games start at 8:30 pm CT. I know the NHL wants to present the product to the most eyes, but given that two of the starts are on weekdays, it really sucks that the puck isn't going to drop until 8:45 local time. That's just too damn late for most people that need to be functional at work the next day. God help us if any of those games go to OT, or worse, multiple OTs.

This series is hard to predict as while the Blues finished higher in the standings, the Stars were 3-1 against the Blues this season. While the Jets also had a similar record against the Blues and we all see how far that got them, all of the Jets' games were before the Blues hit their stride. Meanwhile, Dallas played all of their games after Berube took over, and two of them were relatively recent. They are a tough matchup for the Blues and Benn has killed them over the last couple of seasons.

As always, I fell like I'm constantly prepared for heartache with this team, and this will be no different.
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Changes with the day
    Last Online

Premium Member

Donor

Regular season just has no bearing on the playoffs in the NHL. Such a different animal. Last year Boston was 3-1 against Tampa in the regular season, and it wasn't close in the playoffs.

If it did have meaning, we'd feel even better in Boston considering they've beaten Columbus twice in the past 6 weeks or whatever it is.

But it doesn't.

Some of the funny commentary leading into game 7 - wouldn't it just be the Bruins thing to do to go into Toronto and win, and then come home and lay an egg in game 7...

Nobody is breathing easy with this team.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Changes with the day
    Last Online

Premium Member

Donor

If the Jackets win this game, it’s their goalie stealing it. He’s standing on his head.