Register
Save
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Last Online

08.08.19 @ 07:57 AM
    Liked 262 Times in 156 Posts

#blowergate! Hadn't thought about that in awhile. We should find those who've operated the "blowers" for VH to learn their true perspective sometime. Love Dave, but sheesh...
    1981 - Lexington
    1982 - Louisville
    1983 - Lexington
    1984 - Lexington and Cincinnati
    1988 - Lexington
    1994 - Cleveland
    2007 - Indianapolis
    2012 - Washington, DC and Nashville
    2015 - Bristow, VA

Good Enough
    Last Online

08.16.19 @ 08:00 PM
    Liked 861 Times in 452 Posts

I saw only one show of the 2007 tour, the 11/20/07 show at Staples Arena in LA. As typical with hometown shows, the band brought their "A" game and the arena was packed. I waited until several days before the show when Ticketmaster started unloading unsold VIP package seats at regular price and snagged a 6th row inside isle seat on Eddie's side right up against the ramp, something that worked out even better for the 2012 (3rd and 6th rows) and 2015 (4th row pit) shows I saw.

As other's have mentioned, Eddie was still not 100% and it showed most during his solo spot. But the rest of the show he was pretty solid, obviously a huge improvement over the Hagar reunion shows. I actually thought Roth (and ever-reliable Alex) was the most impressive take-away from the show, his vox were really good, probably the best I'd heard him sing going back to the early 80's. Only downsides I really took away from the show was the canned keyboards and stupid props (big plastic chains for "Unchained? GTFO!) and silly costumes Dave used and wore through the show. Wolfgang may as well been a cardboard cut-out, he had zero stage presence.

Dave was close enough to me on the ramp during "Jump" with that stupid inflatable microphone, I could count his fillings.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Last Online

08.08.19 @ 07:57 AM
    Liked 262 Times in 156 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by T.B. View Post
    As other's have mentioned, Eddie was still not 100% and it showed most during his solo spot. But the rest of the show he was pretty solid, obviously a huge improvement over the Hagar reunion shows. I actually thought Roth (and ever-reliable Alex) was the most impressive take-away from the show, his vox were really good, probably the best I'd heard him sing going back to the early 80's. Only downsides I really took away from the show was the canned keyboards and stupid props (big plastic chains for "Unchained? GTFO!) and silly costumes Dave used and wore through the show. Wolfgang may as well been a cardboard cut-out, he had zero stage presence.

Dave was close enough to me on the ramp during "Jump" with that stupid inflatable microphone, I could count his fillings.
    Great shots/memories but, my God, those clothes and props. Why, Dave, Why?
    1981 - Lexington
    1982 - Louisville
    1983 - Lexington
    1984 - Lexington and Cincinnati
    1988 - Lexington
    1994 - Cleveland
    2007 - Indianapolis
    2012 - Washington, DC and Nashville
    2015 - Bristow, VA

On Fire
    Last Online

08.10.19 @ 07:11 AM
    Liked 116 Times in 48 Posts

Donor

I was at the Charlotte opening night show in 07 too (early birthday gift from my wife). We drove around 8 hours to attend. Our original seats were waaaay up in the nosebleeds on Wolfgang's side. Before the show even started my wife was getting dizzy and have vertigo from being up there. I said something to one of the attendants, just asking if they could move us lower in the same section. They ended up moving us across to the opposite end on Eddie's side on like the 2nd row in the upper section (awesome view), so it worked out great. We could clearly see Val a few times off to the edge of the stage throughout the show.

I thought Eddie sounded great. Miles and miles ahead of the '04 tour. The one hiccup I can recall was during Ice Cream Man. Dave had this really long spiel that he went into (seemed like 10 minutes or so) and by the time he kicked into the acoustic intro, Eddie still wasn't on the stage. It got to the "pink lemonade/dixie cups" part and Eddie still was nowhere to be found. About 5 seconds before the band was supposed to kick in, Eddie hightails it up the stairs, grabs the guitar from the tech, and makes the intro. Problem is, he was having some kind of issue with his pants, and had to crouch down the entire song, including the solo. I remember posting about on on VHLinks shortly after and another guy in attendance surmised that he must've been getting some action behind the stage right before he was supposed to go out. haha