Save
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

08.23.19 @ 01:43 PM
    Liked 11,360 Times in 6,350 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CaboChris View Post
    Ok but it's not the number one problem facing America that many make it out to be and by many...conservatives.
    I think it is. What do you think is?

Sent from blah blah using Tapatalk

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

08.23.19 @ 02:03 PM
    Liked 8,980 Times in 6,449 Posts

Premium Member

Home grown terrorism, or terrorism by those who have move there (or here).
    I believe this and have mentioned it before. It truly is WW3 in my opinion.
    "There's too many people on this basketball that's floating around the sun, who are too afraid to allow themselves to FEEL" - Edward Van Halen
    "Van Halen was never about the singer..." - A very wise fan.
    "Embrace the past. Live in the moment but keep your eyes on the future, and keep on moving forward..." - Richie Sambora

Favorite VH Album

Pirates of the Carribean
    Favorite VH Song

How Many Say Aye?
    Last Online

08.20.19 @ 02:49 PM
    Liked 2,853 Times in 1,476 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by CaboChris View Post
    No You're not whining but this seems to be a constant whine from conservatives. Liberals surely don't whine about it.

We get our house in fiscal order and guess what? We go crazy again with spending. It's not going to be policy...EVER.
    Liberals donít whine because theyíre spending other peopleís money.
    -TVH-

There seems to be some perverse human characteristic that likes to make easy things difficult. -Warren Buffett

If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace. -Thomas Paine

What is government itself but the greatest of all reflections on human nature? - James Madison

Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian. - Henry Ford

4. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the One
    Last Online

07.21.19 @ 08:13 AM
    Liked 1,658 Times in 889 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    We could take over Russia conventionally in a month if we wanted to
    That's massively overestimating America, underestimating Russia, and the state of war. America couldn't take down Look how long they took to take down Iraq and (fail) to quell Afghanistan - much, much, much less powerful than Russia and only a fraction of the geopgraphical size.

Quote Originally Posted by bsbll4 View Post
    I agree, but since the last world war, we've had wars in every part of the world to varying degrees. It's not that we've suddenly found peace, it's that it just hasn't deteriorated to the point the world order was threatened.
    Agreed. Even when the Cold War was hot, the world (and America itself) was much more stable and calm. Just keep an eye out for strange people who could be those pesky Ruskies and all was good. No suicide bombers, mass shootings, and - as you said about resetting the world board after WWII - less desire for conflict from anyone. Europe was fucked, a would-be superpower got tonked twice in a generation and an existing superpower exited the war on its knees (in no small part due to our so-called best friend's loan terms) and the Far East felt the fury of atomic warfare.

In contrast the 50s-80s, and specifically '46 - '66, was he most peaceful time and any feudal brouhahas happened on distant shores - Korea, Oman, Libya, Vietnam, Falklands - not home soil. I don't care about statistics, you know how the saying goes about them, what's irrefutable is the fractious nature of the world at the moment and the kamikaze attitude too-readily on display. The West has fucked up the Middle East in removing Hussain and Gaddafi (the latter of which has allowed the mass migrations to Europe) and its stance towards Syria.

The peace we've had has basically been because of us.
    Only an American would say that. You guys have been a big part of the problem but you're just too full of yourselves to realise it.
    Last edited by BlofeldsCat; 09.21.18 at 03:24 PM.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the One
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    The biggest threat to America is not China or Russia or any other power. It's her own political leaders.
    But that's a different issue. The question concerned Russia and China.

Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

@
    Liked 7,703 Times in 3,849 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by BlofeldsCat View Post
    That's massively overestimating America, underestimating Russia, and the state of war. America couldn't take down Look how long they took to take down Iraq and (fail) to quell Afghanistan - much, much, much less powerful than Russia and only a fraction of the geopgraphical size.

Agreed. Even when the Cold War was hot, the world (and America itself) was much more stable and calm. Just keep an eye out for strange people who could be those pesky Ruskies and all was good. No suicide bombers, mass shootings, and - as you said about resetting the world board after WWII - less desire for conflict from anyone. Europe was fucked, a would-be superpower got tonked twice in a generation and an existing superpower exited the war on its knees (in no small part due to our so-called best friend's loan terms) and the Far East felt the fury of atomic warfare.

In contrast the 50s-80s, and specifically '46 - '66, was he most peaceful time and any feudal brouhahas happened on distant shores - Korea, Oman, Libya, Vietnam, Falklands - not home soil. I don't care about statistics, you know how the saying goes about them, what's irrefutable is the fractious nature of the world at the moment and the kamikaze attitude too-readily on display. The West has fucked up the Middle East in removing Hussain and Gaddafi (the latter of which has allowed the mass migrations to Europe) and its stance towards Syria.

Only an American would say that. You guys have been a big part of the problem but you're just too full of yourselves to realise it.
    Donít ask a question then tell us weíre too full of ourselves to see the problem.

And seeing how Dave works at the pentagon, Iíd trust his analysis over yours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

08.23.19 @ 01:43 PM
    Liked 11,360 Times in 6,350 Posts

But that's a different issue. The question concerned Russia and China.
    China

Sent from blah blah using Tapatalk

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

08.23.19 @ 10:48 AM
    Liked 26,020 Times in 13,132 Posts

Premium Member

Because we were trying not to kill everyone. If we wanted to take over Iraq, I mean REALLY take it over, it would take a week. We could conventionally kill every man, woman and child in Iraq in a week, easy. It's just trying to kill only the "bad guys" that's hard.

Most people don't realize the scope of the killing machine that this country has built.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning=Dave 5150=Sammy
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained or Summer Nights
    Last Online

08.06.19 @ 04:31 PM
    Liked 71 Times in 45 Posts

Because we were trying not to kill everyone. If we wanted to take over Iraq, I mean REALLY take it over, it would take a week. We could conventionally kill every man, woman and child in Iraq in a week, easy. It's just trying to kill only the "bad guys" that's hard.

Most people don't realize the scope of the killing machine that this country has built.
    We have not really waged war since WW2. It has been politically driven.

If we wage war, kill everything.

This is why Congress should wage it and not just the now normal bombing or military industrial complex.

I really don't like war but conventional welfare if it must be done devastate them and let them deal with it.
    Last edited by phast; 09.21.18 at 07:45 PM.

Last Online

08.09.19 @ 03:29 AM
    Liked 1,305 Times in 676 Posts

Premium Member

We took Iraq with an army that was made of only volunteers while staffing more military installations in the world than any other nation, while waging war in Afghanistan. Sun Tzu would have rolled over in his grave.

Give us a real conflict, call up the draft and focus the full might of the US military on one single nation and it'll make the German Blitzkreig look like the Nazi's took a family vacation to Paris.

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

08.23.19 @ 01:23 PM
    Liked 3,745 Times in 2,286 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by VanZeppelin667 View Post
    We took Iraq with an army that was made of only volunteers while staffing more military installations in the world than any other nation, while waging war in Afghanistan. Sun Tzu would have rolled over in his grave.

Give us a real conflict, call up the draft and focus the full might of the US military on one single nation and it'll make the German Blitzkreig look like the Nazi's took a family vacation to Paris.
    We should have done that after the Iran revolution and the embassy take over with the year long hostage situation. Then we eboldened the Iraqis and the Afgans via proxie wars which lead to the rise of Al Queda and 9-11 and to the current morass.
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

14. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

08.02.19 @ 08:37 AM
    Liked 2,887 Times in 1,804 Posts

Premium Member

Pausing a moment for this VHLINKS public service announcement

The DEADLINE for our links 2018 fundraising campaign is the 30th, so we are in the final week or so of the drive.

Cough it up already. You know it's the right thing to do.

Any donation amount gets us there and we are getting pretty dang close so let's make this happen.

The link is at the top of the page.

16. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Poundcake
    Last Online

08.14.19 @ 11:56 AM
    Liked 457 Times in 345 Posts

Premium Member

The major threat to the United States is China.

We have made Russia into a 20 foot tall monster. They aren't.

California's economy is almost 70% bigger than Russia's. We could take over Russia conventionally in a month if we wanted to, and we could end them economically if we wanted to. We could fry every computer that they are using to hack us if we wanted to.

China is the threat. Larger population, a total polar opposite world view, burgeoning economy that is manufacturing based, and a totalitarian government. If America was the story of the 20th century, my guess is that it will be China once the 21st century is over.
    I disagree.

California's dept might be 70% bigger than Russia's.
    Economically Russia has massive amounts of oil and gas,that alone is $$$ in our world.
    Your arrogance in relying on our cyber capabilities just might be our downfall.

I doubt China would be a threat,with a population that speaks three different languages.
    War would collapse their economy,and Hong Kong will rebel.

Our future threat will more likely still be radical Islamists,and violent street gangs.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the One
    Last Online

I don't disagree but I don't think it's as easy as 'send in the big guns' and watch everyone roll over. No one just throws all their shit at the wall and see what sticks. Even places like Afghanistan become a pain in the arse due to the mountainous regions.

Even leaving nukes aside, pitting the US against Russia isn't going to be as simple as you make out (though they would be beaten overall).

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the One
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by fudd View Post
    Don’t ask a question then tell us we’re too full of ourselves to see the problem.
    My question had nothing to do with Americans needing clarity on their contribution to global instability.

And seeing how Dave works at the pentagon, I’d trust his analysis over yours.
    1) I don't care whose opinion you trust most. It's an open discussion.
    2) If only those qualified were allowed to comment, most threads would be over within 5 posts.
    3) Dave's in number crunching not military intel. He works at the Pentagon but so too does the canteen lady.
    4) What is Dave's high-level knowledge of the Russian and Chinese armies? Is it about the same as everyone else's in this thread? Thought so.
    Last edited by BlofeldsCat; 09.22.18 at 05:24 PM.