Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Eruption
    Join Date
    07.31.00
    Location
    Baltimore Maryland
    Posts
    1,226
    Last Online

    08.02.17 @ 01:39 PM
    Likes
    1
    Liked 9 Times in 8 Posts

    ......I watched some kind of special on vh1 last night....vh and aerosmith had alot in common...I couldn't help thinking vh could of had and should have the reigns of rock...Dont get me wrong..steven tyler is one of the best...but only if these kids today could see classic van halen in action at the mtv music awards..vh would take the reigns....it's a shame...they are throwing it all away
    ..In 1984 Van Halen Jumped Panama
    Topped Jimmy & Dropped Dead Legs
    ..Ill Wait in this House of Pain with the
    Girl Gone Bad while I am really Hot for Teacher..


    ..Think it was easy ?..you stare at an album
    Cover that long..

  2. #2
    Eruption
    Join Date
    07.31.00
    Location
    Baltimore Maryland
    Posts
    1,226
    Last Online

    08.02.17 @ 01:39 PM
    Likes
    1
    Liked 9 Times in 8 Posts

    ....the proof is in the pudding..correct me if i'm wrong vh (80 million sold ) aerosmith ( 115 million sold )....and vh only did half the records aerosmith did
    ..In 1984 Van Halen Jumped Panama
    Topped Jimmy & Dropped Dead Legs
    ..Ill Wait in this House of Pain with the
    Girl Gone Bad while I am really Hot for Teacher..


    ..Think it was easy ?..you stare at an album
    Cover that long..

  3. #3
    Eruption
    Join Date
    07.31.00
    Location
    Baltimore Maryland
    Posts
    1,226
    Last Online

    08.02.17 @ 01:39 PM
    Likes
    1
    Liked 9 Times in 8 Posts

    ...alright alright maybe i'm a little jealous because my favorite band isn't getting the glory they should ...it's their own fault...like perry said the problems me and steven had seem very small now compared to the music....AND WE CANT DO THAT TO THE FANNNNNNSSSSS!!!!!!....damn it....alright i feel better now...wheres the coffee
    ..In 1984 Van Halen Jumped Panama
    Topped Jimmy & Dropped Dead Legs
    ..Ill Wait in this House of Pain with the
    Girl Gone Bad while I am really Hot for Teacher..


    ..Think it was easy ?..you stare at an album
    Cover that long..

  4. #4
    Sinner's Swing! el_jalepeno's Avatar
    Join Date
    08.26.02
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    3,266
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

    Hot for Teacher
    Last Online

    10.28.15 @ 05:22 PM
    Likes
    8
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts


    Donor

    Originally posted by the van baron:
    ....the proof is in the pudding..correct me if i'm wrong vh (80 million sold ) aerosmith ( 115 million sold )....and vh only did half the records aerosmith did
    Hey Van, throw out the abicus and let's try some "new math"... VH did almost 70%, or just over two thirds, of Aerosmith according to your numbers... Not half. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    Eruption
    Join Date
    07.31.00
    Location
    Baltimore Maryland
    Posts
    1,226
    Last Online

    08.02.17 @ 01:39 PM
    Likes
    1
    Liked 9 Times in 8 Posts

    ....i knew i get sombody's attention...i mean i got pissed when joe perry's ex girlfriend said " nobody partied like them...i felt like mailing her a copy of van halen1 ...a interesting thing i discovered...on aerosmiths " rocks "album cover.....it looks alot like the vh logo...in fact if anybody is computer savy maybe show a pic of a side by side comparison ?
    ..In 1984 Van Halen Jumped Panama
    Topped Jimmy & Dropped Dead Legs
    ..Ill Wait in this House of Pain with the
    Girl Gone Bad while I am really Hot for Teacher..


    ..Think it was easy ?..you stare at an album
    Cover that long..

  6. #6
    5150 P1's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.05.01
    Location
    DFW
    Posts
    680
    Last Online

    03.29.06 @ 01:41 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts



    I've always thought they were kind of similar too.
    "You guys never forced your babysitter to put her dirty feet all over your back-bottom while you handled up onto a tattered quilt?" - Fake Greggo
    "I like to put peaches in my panties and dance around until my knees bleed, Chuck." - Fake Billy Tubbs

  7. #7
    Eruption
    Join Date
    07.31.00
    Location
    Baltimore Maryland
    Posts
    1,226
    Last Online

    08.02.17 @ 01:39 PM
    Likes
    1
    Liked 9 Times in 8 Posts

    ...thanks P1
    ..In 1984 Van Halen Jumped Panama
    Topped Jimmy & Dropped Dead Legs
    ..Ill Wait in this House of Pain with the
    Girl Gone Bad while I am really Hot for Teacher..


    ..Think it was easy ?..you stare at an album
    Cover that long..

  8. #8
    On Fire
    Join Date
    09.09.00
    Location
    Cork, Ireland
    Posts
    364
    Favorite VH Album

    DLR Band!!!!!!
    Favorite VH Song

    Slam Dunk!!!!!!
    Last Online

    12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Originally posted by the van baron:
    a interesting thing i discovered...on aerosmiths " rocks "album cover.....it looks alot like the vh logo...in fact if anybody is computer savy maybe show a pic of a side by side comparison ?
    I hope your not saying aerosmith copied - coz 'Rocks' came out in '76!

  9. #9
    On Fire
    Join Date
    08.01.02
    Age
    45
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    339
    Favorite VH Album

    VH1
    Favorite VH Song

    On Fire
    Last Online

    12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

    I dont even wanna hear bout Aerosmith at this point. It's a farce, a huge overhyped corporate farce. A once mighty rock band that has spent the last 15 years as MTV tools and using every damn proffesional songwriter under the sun. Hell, their last album was entirely co-written by some geek named Marti Fredricksen?

    To me what VH did was more impressive than the overhyped Aerosmith fairytale. So Aero had a sucky few years and then regained their popularity. So What? VH doesnt have any cute comeback story cuz VH never fuckin went anywhere!
    They pulled off the single hardest thing to do in music- a lead singer change. And they did so bringing in the complete opposite to their first singer, then changing their sound and basically shutting the door on all the music of their first era. Yet despite this madness they fired off 4 straight no. 1 multi-platinum studio albums! The 4 no. 1's ties Led Zep. And VH had 11 no. 1 hits on the Rock Mainstream chart, which is a World Record. All the while continuing to maintain their big name status.
    VH had 12 consecutive multi-platinum albums baby. Aero has 10 and they sure as hell weren't consecutive. VH's music catalog has 13 albums that equal about 51 Million sold in the US alone! Aero's catalog has like 25 or 26 albums or sumthin' like that and it equals 60 Million sold in the US.
    And if you match up the studio albums of Aero's classic first era to that of VH's classic first era, VH outsold Aero in the US about 34 Million to 18 Million! Almost 2 to 1! Plus 2 of those VH albums, Van Halen 1 & 1984, recieved Diamond Awards for selling over 10 million copies each!
    America's Best Band huh? lol...
    I also saw where that skank said no one partied like Aero. Those shows are lame. Every band says the same things and brings on people they know to just repeat it.

  10. #10
    On Fire
    Join Date
    02.01.02
    Age
    53
    Location
    Galveston County,TX
    Posts
    413
    Favorite VH Album

    The Next One!
    Favorite VH Song

    The Newest Single off The Next One!
    Last Online

    12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Originally posted by Badabing:
    I dont even wanna hear bout Aerosmith at this point. It's a farce, a huge overhyped corporate farce. A once mighty rock band that has spent the last 15 years as MTV tools and using every damn proffesional songwriter under the sun. Hell, their last album was entirely co-written by some geek named Marti Fredricksen?

    To me what VH did was more impressive than the overhyped Aerosmith fairytale. So Aero had a sucky few years and then regained their popularity. So What? VH doesnt have any cute comeback story cuz VH never fuckin went anywhere!
    They pulled off the single hardest thing to do in music- a lead singer change. And they did so bringing in the complete opposite to their first singer, then changing their sound and basically shutting the door on all the music of their first era. Yet despite this madness they fired off 4 straight no. 1 multi-platinum studio albums! The 4 no. 1's ties Led Zep. And VH had 11 no. 1 hits on the Rock Mainstream chart, which is a World Record. All the while continuing to maintain their big name status.
    VH had 12 consecutive multi-platinum albums baby. Aero has 10 and they sure as hell weren't consecutive. VH's music catalog has 13 albums that equal about 51 Million sold in the US alone! Aero's catalog has like 25 or 26 albums or sumthin' like that and it equals 60 Million sold in the US.
    And if you match up the studio albums of Aero's classic first era to that of VH's classic first era, VH outsold Aero in the US about 34 Million to 18 Million! Almost 2 to 1! Plus 2 of those VH albums, Van Halen 1 & 1984, recieved Diamond Awards for selling over 10 million copies each!
    America's Best Band huh? lol...
    I also saw where that skank said no one partied like Aero. Those shows are lame. Every band says the same things and brings on people they know to just repeat it.
    The sad thing about it is Aerosmith keeps putting out CD's and Van Halen can't even put out an update to its fans
    Van Halen....2003??? In television if your on hiatus this long it's means you have been cancelled and nobody told ya.Has VH Been Cancelled and no ones telling us?? C'mon Ed give us a break and give us an update...

  11. #11
    Eruption VHwasCoolestWithDLR's Avatar
    Join Date
    08.10.00
    Age
    41
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,023
    Favorite VH Album

    All of em
    Favorite VH Song

    Impossible to name only one
    Last Online

    01.08.17 @ 09:19 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

    The whole Van halen thing is a bummer to me, because i think they could be thought of as one of the mega bands like Led Zepplin or in other words "one of the greats" had Dave stayed and they were to have kept putting out albums. Im not saying Van Hagar wasnt any good, but it definitely didnt have the same magic as the classic Van Halen. Kinda sad actaully [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Aerosmith
    By billy007 in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Music Only)
    Replies: 1857
    Last Post: 12.08.17, 03:29 AM
  2. Aerosmith & Van Halen... bad blood??
    By Badabing in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 135
    Last Post: 08.01.05, 06:39 AM
  3. Van Halen & Aerosmith on tour this year
    By gonzo67 in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02.24.05, 11:30 AM
  4. More on VH vs. Aerosmith...
    By Badabing in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11.25.02, 03:01 PM
  5. KISS, Bon Jovi, Aerosmith, Def Leppard....where's Van Halen?
    By Hollywood Joe in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02.25.02, 06:37 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •