Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

09.20.18 @ 12:10 PM
    Liked 22,059 Times in 11,063 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    The last cd i bought was the last Taylor Swift album for my kids. Can't remember the last cd i bought for myself.
    I can.

"For my kids", that's like saying to the doctor "my friend has this problem that he's too embarrassed to ask about..."
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

Favorite VH Album

II & WACF
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL & Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

09.17.18 @ 04:05 PM
    Liked 9,840 Times in 5,291 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    I can.

"For my kids", that's like saying to the doctor "my friend has this problem that he's too embarrassed to ask about..."
    Or buying a Hustler magazine & saying, "It's a gag gift, for a friend's Birthday..."
    Graver, Walking Ed, refugee from CVH & proud tone chaser...

Good Enough
    Last Online

09.20.18 @ 02:08 PM
    Liked 647 Times in 336 Posts

I'm no audiophile snob, but I don't bother listening to music on places like YouTube or any streaming service unless I'm checking out a new band I might be interested in eventually buying their album(s). I equate listening to music like that to the old days of listening to music on the radio, especially quality-wise. Part of still buying physical product is paying the artist for what I'm listening to but moreso, I'm just old fashioned and like the tactile feeling of a record or even CD.

I still buy CDs and vinyl albums, probably 60+ albums a year, most that have been out for years if not decades. CDs are mostly deluxe editions like the first 2 Montrose album reissues, the Guns n' Roses box set and The Rolling Stones Vault releases as well as old bands I'm just getting into after ignoring them for decades in the past like The Cure and Tom Petty's post-mid 80's stuff. Records, I'm mostly buying pre-90's originals of favorite albums/bands that I find at reasonable prices at used record stores, record swap meets and online. I also collect favorite albums on HiRes formats like SACDs, DVD and Blu-ray Audio.

But new stuff has dwindled down to maybe 5-10 current albums a year. Off the top of my head, new releases since January amount to Nine Inch Nails' Bad Witch, Jack Whites' Boarding House Reach, Judas Priest' Firepower and Black Rebel Motorcycle Club's Wrong Creatures. This year's not been a good start for new releases.
    Last edited by T.B.; 08.22.18 at 10:11 PM.

4. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

09.20.18 @ 07:27 PM
    Liked 39 Times in 27 Posts

Pretty much Spotify for me only, though I listen to a ton of different stuff on there, makes it so convenient. I bought a new Yamaha receiver with Musiccast to make it even easier.

No doubt vinyl sounds better, just way too much hassle, especially with the way I listen (I listen to music more than watching TV/movies really). When the kids get older, I might get a turntable to hook up to the stereo and get a few of my fav albums, just afraid a few will turn into a lot.

All of my cds are in the basement. I have boxes and boxes of burned CDs of VH and many other bands bootlegs just sitting there.

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

09.15.18 @ 06:37 PM
    Liked 27 Times in 18 Posts

I haven't bought music in quite a while, YouTube and Spotify (free version) for me. But because of them, I listen to an awful lot of new and old music.