Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.08.17 @ 07:08 AM
    Liked 28 Times in 13 Posts

Donor

In case you haven't read this yet, you gotta:
    http://www.vhnd.com/articles/010131-01.shtml

A little long, but definitely worth the look.

Pretty well written and thought out if it's another hoax. A lot of it makes sense too: take it slow, don't spend too much time together, make sure everything's just right before making the big announcement.

Whaddya think VH fans: On the level or is this guy the Devil?

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I agree J that it is pretty specific in alot of areas,definatly worth the read!I haven't posted in quite awhile because I thought we would've heard something by now.If this is true I find it a little unsettleling that it seems that they're not really together that much and seem to have some serious issues to work out,Dave on his own when/if they tour?But hopefully this is all just a BIG smokescreen and actually something will be announced soon.I recently called the inside mag to find out when the next issue is coming and they're pushing to March now.Obviously they're gonna time this in their favor as much as possible.Mikey did say some announcements soon and that is the only concrete stuff said by the band.My hopes still are that the album is done and they're waiting for the spring and kick this crazy fuckin' jugernaut off by summer.I can hope can't I? Later people

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Well... it's definitely a very well thought out rumor, to say the least.

I'm not sure I'm convinced of any validity of it, but I guess late March and then June/July are the times to look for some proof of what they say.

------------------
    Fall in line, say the word...
    VHLinks Forum Moderator (Opinions)
    Up Front Fanatics!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained, I'm the One, Dreams
    Last Online

02.14.17 @ 07:28 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

well, it's definitely well thought out and believeable, although i don't understand being transferred from LA to Portland.
    nevertheless, the letter makes a lot of sense and basically falls in line with what we know and what i've heard from WB.

no one is going to say squat until VH is sure they can handle this...

Top Of The World
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well that caught me by surprise....I didn't think he would do that. He is legit people.

Sinner's Swing! 79th and Sunset's Avatar
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 12:35 PM
    Liked 16 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member

I am one who beleives until we hear something from VH (whoever that is these days) we take everything with a grain....

But, I read all the rumours and the item I find interesting is that, according to this post, Dave turned them down initially. I have kinda' thought all along (IMO ONLY) that the whole DLR Band tour of 2000 was a warm up for a VH reunion, and he would JUMP (no pun intended) at the opportunity to join with VH again. I do realize though that the boys have issues to work out...and thats all fine and dandy...but I dont beleive DLR would turn down the chance to get back with them under the right circumstances.

Baluchitherium
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I can wait

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

everybody wants some
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Does anyone concur that the writing style is curiously reminiscent of one Michael Jackson.

If it's legit thanks for the info - the fans really do appreciate it.

If it's B.S. that's okay too - I admire your imagination.

Cheers.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 03:22 PM
    Liked 11,541 Times in 4,916 Posts

Sounds plausible, but frankly with all the rumors going around, I could make something like that up just as easily using all the info we've heard.

------------------
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

Favorite VH Album

All 7 with Dave
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.06.17 @ 03:05 PM
    Liked 147 Times in 87 Posts

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I'm not saying that I don't believe this guy. At first I did but when I read the post a couple of more times I found some information that was contradicting. Here are the 2 statements.
    1st statement:
    "They spent the whole of May-Sept. working out issues amongst themselves. Only in the early part of Oct. 2000 did they completely agree to try and recapture the magic. There were some get-togethers during this period (I believe in July and August) where the whole band got together (and from my info, it was not at 5150, but possibly a soundstage on the Warner Bros. lot they had rented) and jammed."

2nd statement:

Edwards "Tounge Cancer" scare was not life threatening, but was more serious than has been reported. He is in fine health now, and his haircut is not the result of Chemotherapy or radiation treatements.

OK guys/gals correct me if I'm wrong here but wasn't Edward's surgery sometime in May or June? As he stated above in statement #2: Edwards "Tounge Cancer" scare was not life threatening, but was more serious than has been reported.

If that was the case I seriously doubt Edward was out jamming with Dave, Alex, & Mikey in July and August. Then again he could be the type of person that is not held back from an illness to do certain things for his career.

Like I said I just don't know but this stuck out while I was reading this for a 3rd time.

I am sure I will get a lot of different opinions on my claim. Whether they are good are bad I want to hear them.

------------------
    Al and I are the real Van Halen. There could always be Van Halen as long as it's me and Al. But if there was no Dave, this place would be pretty empty tonight. - EVH during a 1984 pre-concert interview before that night's sold out show

And there's only one David Lee. I'm the fun in Van Halen, always will be. - David Lee Roth

When classic Van Halen is together it's like one person. When I say 'I' in this respect, I mean my whole cadre that I am part of. I'm the tear boss, and I'm a fuckin' lifer. - David Lee Roth

"In America, we believe big time in publicizing the shit out of 'we ain't talkin'.' First we make goddamn sure that everybody knows we ain't saying anything..." - David Lee Roth

[This message has been edited by AJW (edited January 31, 2001 at 10:12 AM).]

[This message has been edited by AJW (edited January 31, 2001 at 10:30 AM).]

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Beautiful Girls
    Last Online

04.12.16 @ 04:42 PM
    Liked 19 Times in 8 Posts

It's definitely well-written and well thought out.

If this dude is making it up, he's done his homework by using bits and pieces of various rumors and tying them together.

The only problem I have with it is that I think it's TOO detailed.

I mean, would anybody outside the band really know all these details? I find it hard to believe that the band supposedly is only half-finished with the album, yet they already know that Dave will "travel separately" initially on tour. I found it surprising that the guy knew the 4 or 5 mantras given to the band by their counselor. Again, would the band really share that kind of info with just anyone?

I guess it COULD be legit. If it is, the dude sure has a better memory than I do. I don't think I'd be able to remember that much detail.

It's funny. We bitch when an "insider" is too vague, then we pick them apart for being too detailed!

------------------
    "..Stare at disbelief at me when I just up and walk, OUTTA LOVE!"--DLR, Outta Love Again

"That's the thing about self-improvement. Don't get me wrong, I plan to get some soon"
    --DLR, Can't Get This Stuff No More

Last Online

09.04.17 @ 05:32 AM
    Liked 62 Times in 32 Posts

Uuummmm...I'd have to say bullshit.

------------------
    I'm a spark on the horizon.
    ...stayin' round here takes patience, it's like a full time occupation...

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

If you read the second page of that initial post, you'll see that the guy gives out his full name.

------------------
    The Michael Jordan of Van Halen websites!!!
    www.vhlinks.com

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

the whole band got together (and from my info, it was not at 5150, but possibly a soundstage on the Warner Bros. lot they had rented) and jammed.

Wouldn't they have had a really hard time keeping this a secret? It seems like doing something outside of 5150 would be nearly impossible to hide.

------------------
    The Michael Jordan of Van Halen websites!!!
    www.vhlinks.com

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I enjoy the part when he indicates that VH contacted Sammy, and Sammy told them to stick you know where....That had to make him feel good!