like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

Today @ 07:44 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!200,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard

Quote Originally Posted by Darrin Stephens View Post
    Remember when in Chicago and asked point blank Meyer responded who makes up these stories. Only after texts and photos emerged oh and smith himself said he told meyer did the coach back track. Yes his action was to hold face lie and accuse people of making it up.

That is why meyer is being investigated. Ironic for a guy who teaches accountability to young men. Guess doesn't apply to himself

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Who did he lie to? If it's the cops or his boss then it's an issue. If it's the press, that's no good way to answer.

Sent from blah blah using Tapatalk

Take Your Whiskey Home

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 12:57 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    VeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life Points

He lied to his players when asked and his statement who makes this stuff up was at the official big 10 media day. He also lied to fellow coaches saying he knew of 09 but not of 15.

The current investigation will determine if he followed protocol or if lies extend there as well. If his lies are shown to be to his bosses he will be terminated. If isolated to media, players and coaches my guess is he will be suspended but not terminated. After all wining above honesty.

We need higher standards on these guys. I speak to the trustees at my own school notre dame to terminate our coach for character reasons as well. Big time sports created gods of these guys, we need to have a character standard as too many of these stories.

Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!200,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard

He lied to his players when asked and his statement who makes this stuff up was at the official big 10 media day. He also lied to fellow coaches saying he knew of 09 but not of 15.

The current investigation will determine if he followed protocol or if lies extend there as well. If his lies are shown to be to his bosses he will be terminated. If isolated to media, players and coaches my guess is he will be suspended but not terminated. After all wining above honesty.

We need higher standards on these guys. I speak to the trustees at my own school notre dame to terminate our coach for character reasons as well. Big time sports created gods of these guys, we need to have a character standard as too many of these stories.

If the wife didn't want this made public, would you want the head coach discussing it? Is he even allowed to?

The whole elevation of college coach to some sort of God is a concept i don't understand.

Take Your Whiskey Home

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    VeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    If the wife didn't want this made public, would you want the head coach discussing it? Is he even allowed to?

The whole elevation of college coach to some sort of God is a concept i don't understand.

Go spend a week in Happy Valley that will educate you on them being gods. Or check out the Biles doc on Netflix. He is an extreme example but not unique. Check it out

What the wife wants is irrelevant to Meyer lying, to his duty to the university and to him being a leader to young men via example. Meyer has no expectation on him in regard to her. He does have an expectation as the highest paid employee at the university to live up to the values he preaches and to the young men who he is a leader of.

Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

Go spend a week in Happy Valley that will educate you on them being gods. Or check out the Biles doc on Netflix. He is an extreme example but not unique. Check it out

What the wife wants is irrelevant to Meyer lying, to his duty to the university and to him being a leader to young men via example. Meyer has no expectation on him in regard to her. He does have an expectation as the highest paid employee at the university to live up to the values he preaches and to the young men who he is a leader of.

He's just a coach. I think the problem us that you guys elevate these guys above the school president. His opinion and his influence on these matters should be meaningless. But to your prior point it's important to see who he lied to

6. Get The Show On The Road thanked for this post.
    Take Your Whiskey Home

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

He's just a coach. I think the problem us that you guys elevate these guys above the school president. His opinion and his influence on these matters should be meaningless. But to your prior point it's important to see who he lied to

Disgraced is the name of the doc made by showtime.

No i do not elevate above in fact my entire point is presidents need to step up because too many do have god complex. You can not at a university or private company be the top paid guy who is most in the public and say I have no accountability. It does not fly. Too high a standard, just do not cash the check.

Soclal Media Manager
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

Today @ 12:14 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!200,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

I think the argument can be made that if the wife doesn't want to press charges, it is no longer his business.

I don't like the idea of firing people when there are no charges made. In this case it would have probably have been the right thing to do, but setting that type of precedent, in which a person can lose their livelihood without even having the chance to defend themselves is a dangerous place to be for our society.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

9. Get The Show On The Road thanked for this post.
    Emperor of VHLinks.com
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Today @ 09:28 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily Poster350,000 VHL Life PointsThee King

Default College Football 2018-19

But it was not just an isolated thing. Thatís different.

Urban Meyer apparently thought it was a big deal because he LIED about it.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - The Internet's Largest Van Halen Fan Forum
    http://www.vhlinks.com

Check Out My YouTube Guitar Videos!
    http://www.youtube.com/banoneguitar
    Direct Link To Subscribe To My Channel!
    http://www.youtube.com/banoneguitar?sub_confirmation=1

Join the VHLinks Facebook Group!

11. Darrin Stephens thanked for this post.
    Emperor of VHLinks.com
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily Poster350,000 VHL Life PointsThee King

But see theyíre not ďjust coachesĒ dude. They make millions of dollars a year to lead a school in a billion dollar business. This is a way different thing than coaching Pop Warner and the responsibility of not employing people who give the program a black eye.
    Webmaster

13. Darrin Stephens thanked for this post.
    Soclal Media Manager
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!200,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

I think you can argue that it is something that didn't happen on school grounds or on school time, in which no charges were even made, therefore it isn't even an accusation, at that point it is rumor and innuendo.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Emperor of VHLinks.com
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

Big money college and professional sports which are for public entertainment first and foremost are not the same as working in an office.

You know I donít know how it is where you guys work but in California you can be fired for anything, youíre an at-will employee. If I was a boss and found out that you were giving my company a bad name because I keep hearing stories that youíre beating your wife for like years, Iím probably letting you go. I donít care about truth and justice.
    Webmaster

16. JUNGLE DRUMMER thanked for this post.
    Take Your Whiskey Home

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

And Meyers long history of covering up everything from arron Hernandez issues at UF, to covering up a player choking a coach, to this latest set of lies is a pattern and sadly a mind set very common in big time college sports. He is not unique but we should try to raise the bar

18. JUNGLE DRUMMER thanked for this post.
    Soclal Media Manager
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

I don't think it gives OSU a bad name.

Penn State knew about little boys getting ass fucked in the gym showers, did nothing about it, tried to cover it up, and their program is as big as ever.

Again, I'm not personally defending it, I would have never hired the guy when I started back at OSU to begin with. It's one thing to think "I don't have enough to fire this guy" to "let me hire him back at my new job."

I just don't think this will be a black eye for OSU. Worst case they fire a couple of people and there will still be 110,000 people cheering them at each home game.

Light Up The Sky
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

05.30.20 @ 08:28 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    VeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!150,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Congeniality Award

I think there's merit to both sides here.

One of the biggest problems is this IMO. In the State of Colorado the highest paid State employee is The head CU Football Coach, Mike McIntyre. That's a problem IMO. I understand that college football is big business, but that type of salary ought to be paid for by the well heeled boosters and alumni and not the taxpayers.

We went through something similar here where an Assistant Coach was accused of beating his girlfriend. Problem is she didn't go to the police, she called McIntyre and his wife.

I'm sorry, but McIntyre and his wife are not law enforcement. They're not in a position to investigate that kind of claim and determine it's veracity. Nor should they be put in that position. This woman should have called the police, and if there was probable cause then the DA can get charges filed and the coach can be suspended pending a trial. If he's found guilty then he ought to be terminated.

I don't know the specifics in regards to Meyer. However, just like McIntyre he is not law enforcement or the DA. It is not his job or responsibility to investigate what laws one of his subordinates may be breaking off campus and away from the football program. Now, I suppose you could argue that he should have gone to the police himself, however if the woman tells him not to what is he supposed to do? DO it anyway and risk her getting a further beating when the guy finds out about it?

She should have gone to the police and got a restraining order pending an investigation by the appropriate authorities. Then Meyer would have had no choice but to suspend and or fire him. But like DD said, I'm uncomfortable with people losing their jobs for allegations that are made that haven't even been relayed to law enforcement, much less charged.
    The only genre I really know is Van Halen.

21. I Coulda Hada VH, JUNGLE DRUMMER, It's Mike thanked for this post.
    Take Your Whiskey Home

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Brett_McM...939904/photo/1

One of the messages shared w the back in 2015. Meyer only fired him the day before media day, then went to media day and denied ever hearing anything ever about it. The guy acknowledges choking her. Meyer kept him for years and lied about it.