Register
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

11.22.18 @ 11:50 AM
    Liked 1,334 Times in 732 Posts

Premium Member

Gosh, this is such a sad story and so unnecessary. My take is the courts got this one right, based on State law. Tragic as it is.

I would disagree with my friends here on this one account. A sidearm should never be brandished as a threat alone, or for purposes of detention. A sidearm should only be drawn as a last resort, for the purpose of using deadly force.

The argument here is did this warrant a ďlast resortĒ response.
    Last edited by Hired Gun; 07.22.18 at 03:50 PM.
    2018, the year of the Boomerang

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

07.18.19 @ 05:25 PM
    Liked 17,347 Times in 9,798 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hired Gun View Post
    Gosh, this is such a sad story and so unnecessary. My take is the courts got this one right, based on State law. Tragic as it is.

I would disagree with my friends here on this one account. A sidearm should never be brandished as a threat alone, or for purposes of detention. A sidearm should only be drawn as a last resort, for the purpose of using deadly force.

The argument here is did this warrant a ďlast resortĒ response.
    My point was that once he drew that weapon, which he did while the attacker was approaching him, he should have detained him until the police showed up. There's no going back once he pulled that weapon. Had he put it away after that he would have gotten pummeled.
    †"He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesnít really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

3. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    My point was that once he drew that weapon, which he did while the attacker was approaching him, he should have detained him until the police showed up. There's no going back once he pulled that weapon. Had he put it away after that he would have gotten pummeled.
    I totally understand man. My criteria would have been different in resorting to brandishing the weapon to begin with. I think that's where we would agree. The law is on his side, but still a pretty fucked up deal. I can see why people would differ in the opinions here for sure.

5. The Following 4 Members Like This Post:

Banned!
    Last Online

11.25.18 @ 06:41 PM
    Liked 11,189 Times in 6,765 Posts

Premium Member

And people need to stop acting like they're charged with policing the neighborhood. The guy that got shoved...fuck him in the ass with a handicap card. I HATE people like that who stick their nose in other people's business.

I see handicap parking abuse all the time but I don't stand there inspecting people's cars to see if they have the blue card. I simply mumble under my breath and go on my way.

MIND. YOUR. OWN. BUSINESS. over trivial shit, people. A man is dead because mr social warrior felt the need to say something.

7. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaboChris View Post

MIND. YOUR. OWN. BUSINESS. over trivial shit, people.
    Great advice today and always.

Banned!
    Last Online

11.25.18 @ 06:41 PM
    Liked 11,189 Times in 6,765 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hired Gun View Post
    Great advice today and always.
    Dude, I just saw an evening news report on this story and it made me so angry. The guy felt threatened? Ok. Got assaulted? Ok. Felt the need to shoot the guy? Ok. Won't be charged? Ok.

Having said all that, it's HIS (shooter's) fault that a man is dead for no reason. This kind of stuff isnt worth your time or energy. What does that say about one's life, where handicap parking abuse needs to be challenged.

This dude needs to go away and find Jesus or something because he's done this before apparently.

Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaboChris View Post
    Dude, I just saw an evening news report on this story and it made me so angry. The guy felt threatened? Ok. Got assaulted? Ok. Felt the need to shoot the guy? Ok. Won't be charged? Ok.

Having said all that, it's HIS (shooter's) fault that a man is dead for no reason. This kind of stuff isnt worth your time or energy. What does that say about one's life, where handicap parking abuse needs to be challenged.

This dude needs to go away and find Jesus or something because he's done this before apparently.
    I don't disagree with you really. Here's the deal, the guy was violently pushed down to the ground. That's why he's not being charged. He had the right under the letter of the law once he was assaulted.

You're point is the dude was being a dick and shouting over disabled parking.....I agree with you. Yet, the physical assault was initiated by the dead guy.

11. The Following 4 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

Premium Member

I agree this was totally senseless, and unwarranted as to the criteria I would use.

Atomic Punk Get The Show On The Road's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

07.18.19 @ 07:32 PM
    Liked 15,744 Times in 8,255 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Hill View Post
    and we don't know what exactly he was screaming at the woman in the car either. He was picking a fight and he sure was animated in how he was posturing. If the woman felt threatened and shot him, would people be thinking the same?

Yeah they pulled in there and it was inconsiderate and illegal parking, but it was just a guy going into a store with his 5 year old son. This was a convenience store....how long did he think they were going to be occupying that space anyway? Was it worth his reaction?

This was a guy walking around with a gun who felt he could shoot his mouth off at anyone, cause if they didn't like it, he could shoot his gun as well.
    I dunno. I dont park in the handicapped spot when I'm going into the convenience store with my 5 year old son even when I'm only going to be in there for a minute or so.

But that's just me.
    The only genre I really know is Van Halen.

14. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

II & WACF
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL & Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

07.18.19 @ 07:31 PM
    Liked 11,528 Times in 6,287 Posts

I think Hired Gun nailed it:

The 47 year old was a dick, busy body, etc.

But the dead guy, sadly, initiated what ultimately lead to his demise.
    If i walked out of a store, and wordlessly knocked a guy on his ass, and he responds
    with a weapon...well...maybe i should have thought that through, beforehand.

The poor guy did not deserve a death sentence, but he exhibited dangerously poor judgement.
    Graver, Walking Ed, refugee from CVH & proud tone chaser...

16. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

II & WACF
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL & Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

07.18.19 @ 07:31 PM
    Liked 11,528 Times in 6,287 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Get The Show On The Road View Post
    I dunno. I dont park in the handicapped spot when I'm going into the convenience store with my 5 year old son even when I'm only going to be in there for a minute or so.

But that's just me.
    Yeah, no one in my family ever did that.

I've seen my Dad, my Sister, looking everywhere for parking, yet never take the handicap slot.
    To me, it just seems like something you do not do.

But today, everyone is entitled & Social Media stars.
    Graver, Walking Ed, refugee from CVH & proud tone chaser...

18. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Last Online

07.18.19 @ 05:52 PM
    Liked 1,072 Times in 572 Posts

Premium Member

Yeah I'm kind of an ass when I see fucks parking in a handicap slot that should not. That space is for injured people, vets, seriously hurt folks that can't walk a space or two. That is a serious red ass on my end if I see that. Fuck people that do that.

I was in Brownwood Tx at a diner. And some fucking kids used their granddads or whomever fucking blue tag to rock up front in a slot. Little did they know some UC Texas boys just happened to see that serious disrespect of what that space is for. Punks got all nervous n shit when called out. Very disrespectful to take up a handicapped spot when one doesn't deserve so.

Back to the shooting. A tad over the top, but who knows. I guess tough guy and his buddy figured out that was a bad play. Oh well. Out.
    Quin-a-se-i-co

You're a dick for putting ian on "ignore" DIF

"You stupid fuck!" Seen

"Well if you saw it, stats and scientific studies be damned!" Lovemachine 97 v. 2.

" that's so pussy ass" Brook.

20. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

07.18.19 @ 06:30 PM
    Liked 16,263 Times in 7,133 Posts

Default Stand your ground

Quote Originally Posted by track 5 View Post
    Yeah I'm kind of an ass when I see fucks parking in a handicap slot that should not. That space is for injured people, vets, seriously hurt folks that can't walk a space or two. That is a serious red ass on my end if I see that. Fuck people that do that.

I was in Brownwood Tx at a diner. And some fucking kids used their granddads or whomever fucking blue tag to rock up front in a slot. Little did they know some UC Texas boys just happened to see that serious disrespect of what that space is for. Punks got all nervous n shit when called out. Very disrespectful to take up a handicapped spot when one doesn't deserve so.

Back to the shooting. A tad over the top, but who knows. I guess tough guy and his buddy figured out that was a bad play. Oh well. Out.
    In California and Iím sure itís probably the same everywhere else, you cannot park in a handicap space unless the handicapped person is in the car, no matter if you have a placard or not. So itís not just disrespectful, itís also against the fucking law.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

22. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

07.18.19 @ 06:34 PM
    Liked 2,218 Times in 1,493 Posts

i don't even like to park in a handicap spot when I have the handicapped person in the car (usually my sister) - I'll drop them off at the door, then go pick a normal spot and when it's time to go, I'll come back and pick them up at the door.

24. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

06.05.19 @ 03:16 PM
    Liked 2,887 Times in 1,804 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Get The Show On The Road View Post

But that's just me.
    I don't either. most people don't. I have a placard that I've had in the van forever. First for my father who had a neuromuscular disease, then for my mother with her multiple issues and for them, I usually did the drop off as Billy discribed except when they used wheelchairs and you have to have that van slot

...and here is some fun news for ya. Handicapped people can be assholes when it comes to parking too. Those van sites? They are for vans like mine with elevators or ramps on the side that need extra room to open, not your basic Dodge Caravan where someone just hops out of the passenger seat, but you see regular vans parked in them all the time when there are other handicapped spaces available...but the van sites are usually the closer space by 10 feet or so.

This guy was looking for trouble tho. That much is obvious. If he had waited 10 minutes the issue would have resolved itself but he needed to put himself in a position of authority.