Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3037383940
    Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

10.23.18 @ 06:17 AM
    Liked 861 Times in 474 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ScottyBHarris View Post
    I wonder why he doesn’t release it, even if it only has one good song on it, release it. What does he have to lose? The kid has some chops, and has been playing with his dad and uncle (arguably the 2 most talented musicians in rock history) for over 10 years, I’m sure some of that experience has translated to some great song writing interpretations.

Let’s hear it Wolf!
    Could be he's shopped it around, and nobody likes what they're hearing -so have passed. Doubtful - in today's world of anything goes / counts as music, and labels being horny for any modicum of sales - I'd be surprised if this was the background - but you have to ask what the hold up is....
    Winners come and go; legends are forever.

Last Online

10.14.18 @ 02:39 AM
    Liked 10,980 Times in 6,618 Posts

Premium Member

Maybe he's putting together his band?

That takes time to find the right guys.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Push comes to shove
    Last Online

10.22.18 @ 06:14 PM
    Liked 1,206 Times in 740 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Ed's holding it up fighting with Dave about contracts .....
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government.

Favorite VH Album

The Classic 6 Pack
    Favorite VH Song

Take Your Whiskey Home
    Last Online

10.23.18 @ 07:59 AM
    Liked 227 Times in 83 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi McFly View Post
    I think it'll eventually be released. Otherwise why would he pay for producers, engineers and outside studio time? If it was for posterity he could've tracked the drums at 5150, tracked everything else at his house and then mix it himself. It's too easy to produce your own music for your own enjoyment today, no need to hire specialized professionals if you're not intending on releasing.

I think his point still stands because it's not just about album purchases, its about awareness. If there are a lot of albums coming out this time of year that would compete for the same space then that could negatively impact the awareness of Wolf's album, leading to lower album sales and streaming revenue. I'm not very aware of much coming out right now other than Slash's new album though, which is coincidentally produced and engineered by the same duo as Wolf's album.

It also wouldn't surprise me if they were waiting a bit longer to time the release with magazine coverage and other promotional opportunities. Imagine if this launches around Winter NAMM alongside an EVH Gear Wolfgang bass? Or, as redundant as it sounds, a Wolfgang Signature Wolfgang?
    Magazines come out monthly... although for the most part print is almost dead and web publication media updates 24/7 constantly with no real release cycle.

Wolfgang's solo project isn't going to compete with any major Pop artists or even Country album releases... assuming his album content is within the Rock genre Wolfgang is known for. I don't anticipate the words ever being spoke... my album sales tanked because I released it the same week as Beyonce, Adele, Taylor Swift, etc... record releases dropped. It's not like his dad's era where Van Halen missed a number 1 ranking because Michael Jackson put out a record the same week...

The kid could market a signature bass under his dad's EVH line right now if he wanted to and there's was a marketing upside. But realistically anyone with business sense would advise him to release the album, hope it hits the charts and then tour behind it with some signature gear... then attempt to penetrate the instrument market.
    Woke up this mornin, got Blue Moon in your eyes...

Whoa, this is heavy! Jedi McFly's Avatar
    Last Online

10.23.18 @ 09:54 AM
    Liked 3,737 Times in 1,458 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Zahzoo View Post
    Magazines come out monthly... although for the most part print is almost dead and web publication media updates 24/7 constantly with no real release cycle.
    Still, there's not been a VH tour, album release or major gear release without a Guitar World cover supporting it. It's the VH SOP. And those covers are likely locked a few months in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Zahzoo View Post
    Wolfgang's solo project isn't going to compete with any major Pop artists or even Country album releases... assuming his album content is within the Rock genre Wolfgang is known for. I don't anticipate the words ever being spoke... my album sales tanked because I released it the same week as Beyonce, Adele, Taylor Swift, etc... record releases dropped. It's not like his dad's era where Van Halen missed a number 1 ranking because Michael Jackson put out a record the same week...
    I don't think anybody thinks Wolf needs to avoid major pop artists. But for instance he was wise to avoid this month, as Slash and Myles Kennedy's new album dropped, which would take a lot of eyeballs from potential streamers and customers via the coverage on sites/platforms like Guitar World, Ultimate Guitar, Ultimate Classic Rock. social media, etc. Not to mention competition of digital and social ads, which would likely be targeted at a very similar audience.

That said, I've got no idea if anything big in a similar market is releasing in the upcoming months. This is just a discussion on considerations for when he may release the album.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

10.23.18 @ 06:25 AM
    Liked 1,760 Times in 983 Posts

To me it's pretty obvious that he's been influenced by his dad in a positive way, but also in a negative way. He's been around the Ed of the 96-2018 era, the decline. He wasn't around during the 76-96 period which is the one Ed revolutionized music.

Hence he thinks there are major drawbacks to putting your music out there, and keeping your music "in house" is a viable option for him.
    Little Dreamer

7. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Last Online

10.14.18 @ 02:39 AM
    Liked 10,980 Times in 6,618 Posts

Premium Member

Yeah but he's not creating nor is buzz being created for him.

Nobody in the biz is frothing at the mouth for this album.