Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Save
Page 2 of 52 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 766
  1. #16
    Atomic Punk Get The Show On The Road's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.05.12
    Age
    44
    Location
    6300 feet above sea level
    Posts
    16,861
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

    I'm The One
    Last Online

    10.19.19 @ 10:03 PM
    Likes
    26,770
    Liked 16,714 Times in 8,800 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snowdog View Post
    I simply don't get this, and I'm not singling you out because it's a common theme "it's because of Sammy's book..."

    I read it, there was more positive in it about VH than negative, and even the part that was negative was nothing that wasn't already plainly apparent to anyone that saw him during that time.

    But that's all irrelevant anyway. Even if it was non-stop spewing hate, that book came out in 2011, fifteen years after their breakup (in which I think the case can be made that Eddie was at fault), seven years after the crappy 2004 tour, and at least three years after Eddie got sober. The way Eddie is with his relationships, if he hadn't made any effort at peace during all that time before then the book would have made no difference at all. Eddie had clearly already shut him off for good, book or no book. When Eddie is done with you he's done. Have Don Landee or Gary Cherone or Michael Anthony written books? Nope. Any contact or goodwill from Ed? Nope.
    I'm guessing its more than just Sammy's book although I'm sure that didn't help.

    I think the brothers feel like Sam swindled them in the Cabo Wabo deal and I would guess that is probably the biggest part of their grudge.

    It's just speculation on my part but when you feel someone has wronged you financially you tend not to want to associate with them.
    The only genre I really know is Van Halen.

  2. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:


  3. #17
    Atomic Punk I Coulda Hada VH's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.29.00
    Location
    Land O' Lakers
    Posts
    41,859
    Favorite VH Album

    The First One
    Favorite VH Song

    I'm The One
    Last Online

    10.19.19 @ 10:46 PM
    Likes
    18,726
    Liked 24,466 Times in 13,903 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RRvh1 View Post
    And Sammy has made public a few times that he wants to jam and have fun. A few times that he wants to share a stage or even a gig with Roth.

    Hagar is ready willing and able, and people see that. Roth hides or ignores.
    Who cares more about the legacy and the fans?
    What do you think Ed and Al would do if Dave decided to take part in Sam's Beach Party? Go ask Mike how that would turn out for Dave.
    "It's so lonely at the top because it's so crowded at the bottom" - Diamond David Lee Roth

    "The truth sounds like hate to those who hate the truth" - Todd Wagner

    "Women and Children First ... The REAL Van Halen III"

  4. The Following 4 Members Like This Post:


  5. #18
    Atomic Punk Get The Show On The Road's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.05.12
    Age
    44
    Location
    6300 feet above sea level
    Posts
    16,861
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

    I'm The One
    Last Online

    10.19.19 @ 10:03 PM
    Likes
    26,770
    Liked 16,714 Times in 8,800 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RRvh1 View Post
    And Sammy has made public a few times that he wants to jam and have fun. A few times that he wants to share a stage or even a gig with Roth.

    Hagar is ready willing and able, and people see that. Roth hides or ignores.
    Who cares more about the legacy and the fans?
    He can be willing an able but if Roth, Ed, and Al don't like him it doesn't matter.

    John and Tom Fogerty were brothers and they disliked each other so much after Creedence that they didn't speak again and then Tom died.

    There's people that have been in my life in various roles that I have no desire to ever speak to or deal with again. It happens, and just because these guys were in a band for ten years doesn't mean that Ed and Al have some desire to hang out with this guy even if it's "for the fans."

    2004 was telling.
    The only genre I really know is Van Halen.

  6. The Following 5 Members Like This Post:


  7. #19
    Baluchitherium Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    04.28.12
    Location
    vancouver
    Posts
    4,557
    Favorite VH Album

    all 7
    Favorite VH Song

    ATBL & The Full Bug
    Last Online

    10.12.19 @ 07:52 AM
    Likes
    1,932
    Liked 2,736 Times in 1,261 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Little Dreamer View Post

    http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/sam...-his-birthday/



    Hagar also revealed that he asked original VAN HALEN singer David Lee Roth to join him at his inaugural "High Tide Beach Party & Car Show", set to take place on Saturday, October 6 in Huntington Beach, California. "We invited Roth, offered to hire Roth to come and jam with my band at the festival," Sammy said. "And you know what his guy said? 'Oh, sounds interesting. We'll run it past Dave.' Then radio silence. [Laughs]".

    David does NOT have " a guy".

    There is NO "GUY".

    His ONE & only representative is not " a guy"

    She's a lady. Very successful wonderful lady. Spanish speaking to boot.

    THEREFORE- Sammys above quote is absolutley 100% bullshit!! Absolute LIE!!

    How could he possibly " run it by " His GUY" , when in actual fact there is NO guy.

    No idea what he gains from lying about this but there's some of us out here who actually are aware of certain things and can spot the bs from 100000 miles away.


  8. #20
    Atomic Punk I Coulda Hada VH's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.29.00
    Location
    Land O' Lakers
    Posts
    41,859
    Favorite VH Album

    The First One
    Favorite VH Song

    I'm The One
    Last Online

    10.19.19 @ 10:46 PM
    Likes
    18,726
    Liked 24,466 Times in 13,903 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Get The Show On The Road View Post
    I'm guessing its more than just Sammy's book although I'm sure that didn't help.

    I think the brothers feel like Sam swindled them in the Cabo Wabo deal and I would guess that is probably the biggest part of their grudge.

    It's just speculation on my part but when you feel someone has wronged you financially you tend not to want to associate with them.
    I was going to post basically the same thing. FWIW, I think the brothers are wrong. Sam is a much better businessman than Ed and Al are.
    "It's so lonely at the top because it's so crowded at the bottom" - Diamond David Lee Roth

    "The truth sounds like hate to those who hate the truth" - Todd Wagner

    "Women and Children First ... The REAL Van Halen III"

  9. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:


  10. #21
    Baluchitherium Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    04.28.12
    Location
    vancouver
    Posts
    4,557
    Favorite VH Album

    all 7
    Favorite VH Song

    ATBL & The Full Bug
    Last Online

    10.12.19 @ 07:52 AM
    Likes
    1,932
    Liked 2,736 Times in 1,261 Posts

    Default

    Not that it wouldnt be cool

    But no there was no request. Lol.

  11. #22
    Atomic Punk RRvh1's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.13.11
    Location
    Ontari-ari-ari-o!
    Posts
    20,820
    Favorite VH Album

    1984
    Favorite VH Song

    Panama
    Last Online

    10.20.19 @ 12:59 AM
    Likes
    8,074
    Liked 9,109 Times in 6,551 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Get The Show On The Road View Post
    I'm guessing its more than just Sammy's book although I'm sure that didn't help.

    I think the brothers feel like Sam swindled them in the Cabo Wabo deal and I would guess that is probably the biggest part of their grudge.

    It's just speculation on my part but when you feel someone has wronged you financially you tend not to want to associate with them.
    My Dad will vouch for that, from his divorce perspective from my Mom...
    "There's too many people on this basketball that's floating around the sun, who are too afraid to allow themselves to FEEL" - Edward Van Halen
    "Van Halen was never about the singer..." - A very wise fan.
    "Embrace the past. Live in the moment but keep your eyes on the future, and keep on moving forward..." - Richie Sambora

  12. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:


  13. #23
    Atomic Punk Van Squalen's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.21.03
    Posts
    28,229
    Last Online

    10.19.19 @ 11:37 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 4,204 Times in 2,672 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snowdog View Post
    I simply don't get this, and I'm not singling you out because it's a common theme "it's because of Sammy's book..."

    I read it, there was more positive in it about VH than negative, and even the part that was negative was nothing that wasn't already plainly apparent to anyone that saw him during that time.

    But that's all irrelevant anyway. Even if it was non-stop spewing hate, that book came out in 2011, fifteen years after their breakup (in which I think the case can be made that Eddie was at fault), seven years after the crappy 2004 tour, and at least three years after Eddie got sober. The way Eddie is with his relationships, if he hadn't made any effort at peace during all that time before then the book would have made no difference at all. Eddie had clearly already shut him off for good, book or no book. When Eddie is done with you he's done. Have Don Landee or Gary Cherone or Michael Anthony written books? Nope. Any contact or goodwill from Ed? Nope.
    Yep, it's just a weak excuse to place blame other than on the one place it belongs. Because if people were to do that, it'd be harder for them to accept whatever Eddie decides to dish out in the future.

    Red had minimal dirty laundry in it. People insist it was some kinda tell all. LOL, far from it.

    After the way Mike was handled in '07, I dunno how people can even fathom placing blame anywhere else but Eddie. It's blatant writing on the wall. No room for interpretation at all. Anything beyond that is just blind fanboyism. The loyalty is admirable, but when it's not deserved...and put on others who really aren't at fault....what do you do with that.

  14. The Following Member Likes This Post:


  15. #24
    Good Enough
    Join Date
    11.05.14
    Posts
    2,587
    Last Online

    10.20.19 @ 03:14 AM
    Likes
    1,217
    Liked 2,931 Times in 1,397 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RRvh1 View Post
    And Sammy has made public a few times that he wants to jam and have fun. A few times that he wants to share a stage or even a gig with Roth.

    Hagar is ready willing and able, and people see that. Roth hides or ignores.
    Who cares more about the legacy and the fans?
    Roth isnít going to risk his standing in the band or his partnership with Eddie by commenting on something that has nothing to do with him

    If Ed wanted to be friends with Sam, he would, he obviously doesnít. If Ed wanted a BOBW tour he would, but he hasnít

    No one named Van Halen has ever cared about the fans or the legacy
    And you have no idea how Dave feels about, because like I said, his mouth ruined reuniting with the brothers more than once, heís not going to risk it again


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  16. #25
    Atomic Punk I Coulda Hada VH's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.29.00
    Location
    Land O' Lakers
    Posts
    41,859
    Favorite VH Album

    The First One
    Favorite VH Song

    I'm The One
    Last Online

    10.19.19 @ 10:46 PM
    Likes
    18,726
    Liked 24,466 Times in 13,903 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RRvh1 View Post
    My Dad will vouch for that, from his divorce perspective from my Mom...
    Always follow the money …
    "It's so lonely at the top because it's so crowded at the bottom" - Diamond David Lee Roth

    "The truth sounds like hate to those who hate the truth" - Todd Wagner

    "Women and Children First ... The REAL Van Halen III"

  17. The Following Member Likes This Post:


  18. #26
    Atomic Punk Van Squalen's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.21.03
    Posts
    28,229
    Last Online

    10.19.19 @ 11:37 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 4,204 Times in 2,672 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Model Citizen View Post
    Sam’s the only one who really elaborated. Not saying he’s fully to blame but he’s the only one who can’t move on. I can’t recall the last time Ed has mentioned Sam’s name in public.
    That doesn't matter. You're saying that silence is the higher road? Is it?

    Eddie was silent about firing Mike and photoshopping him off the album covers.

    Who's really the one who didn't move on? Think about it, man.

    And Eddie is no slouch when it comes to slagging his lead singers. A far sight more than Dave or Sammy has done to him, I think.

  19. The Following Member Likes This Post:


  20. #27
    Baluchitherium
    Join Date
    08.23.11
    Age
    51
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    5,027
    Favorite VH Album

    1984
    Favorite VH Song

    Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

    10.19.19 @ 08:12 AM
    Likes
    3,997
    Liked 3,875 Times in 1,961 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Get The Show On The Road View Post
    I'm guessing its more than just Sammy's book although I'm sure that didn't help.

    I think the brothers feel like Sam swindled them in the Cabo Wabo deal and I would guess that is probably the biggest part of their grudge.

    It's just speculation on my part but when you feel someone has wronged you financially you tend not to want to associate with them.
    I agree it's ultimately probably more about money, whether real or perceived. And it's always seemed like the VH brothers view anyone around them, even band members (Mike) who have profited did so unfairly from Eddie.

  21. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:


  22. #28
    Atomic Punk RRvh1's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.13.11
    Location
    Ontari-ari-ari-o!
    Posts
    20,820
    Favorite VH Album

    1984
    Favorite VH Song

    Panama
    Last Online

    10.20.19 @ 12:59 AM
    Likes
    8,074
    Liked 9,109 Times in 6,551 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by I Coulda Hada VH View Post
    What do you think Ed and Al would do if Dave decided to take part in Sam's Beach Party? Go ask Mike how that would turn out for Dave.
    I'd REALLY like Dave to take part, just to see!!!!
    "There's too many people on this basketball that's floating around the sun, who are too afraid to allow themselves to FEEL" - Edward Van Halen
    "Van Halen was never about the singer..." - A very wise fan.
    "Embrace the past. Live in the moment but keep your eyes on the future, and keep on moving forward..." - Richie Sambora

  23. The Following Member Likes This Post:


  24. #29
    Atomic Punk I Coulda Hada VH's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.29.00
    Location
    Land O' Lakers
    Posts
    41,859
    Favorite VH Album

    The First One
    Favorite VH Song

    I'm The One
    Last Online

    10.19.19 @ 10:46 PM
    Likes
    18,726
    Liked 24,466 Times in 13,903 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Van Squalen View Post
    Yep, it's just a weak excuse to place blame other than on the one place it belongs. Because if people were to do that, it'd be harder for them to accept whatever Eddie decides to dish out in the future.

    Red had minimal dirty laundry in it. People insist it was some kinda tell all. LOL, far from it.

    After the way Mike was handled in '07, I dunno how people can even fathom placing blame anywhere else but Eddie. It's blatant writing on the wall. No room for interpretation at all. Anything beyond that is just blind fanboyism. The loyalty is admirable, but when it's not deserved...and put on others who really aren't at fault....what do you do with that.
    I've said it many times before, but I'll say it again. Rock stars are essentially the only guys on planet earth who consistently act like 13 year old girls.
    "It's so lonely at the top because it's so crowded at the bottom" - Diamond David Lee Roth

    "The truth sounds like hate to those who hate the truth" - Todd Wagner

    "Women and Children First ... The REAL Van Halen III"

  25. The Following Member Likes This Post:


  26. #30
    Atomic Punk I Coulda Hada VH's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.29.00
    Location
    Land O' Lakers
    Posts
    41,859
    Favorite VH Album

    The First One
    Favorite VH Song

    I'm The One
    Last Online

    10.19.19 @ 10:46 PM
    Likes
    18,726
    Liked 24,466 Times in 13,903 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RRvh1 View Post
    I'd REALLY like Dave to take part, just to see!!!!
    And I'd REALLY like a beachfront condo on Maui!!!!
    "It's so lonely at the top because it's so crowded at the bottom" - Diamond David Lee Roth

    "The truth sounds like hate to those who hate the truth" - Todd Wagner

    "Women and Children First ... The REAL Van Halen III"

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Sammy reached out to Alex...
    By Darkness in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06.27.18, 02:45 PM
  2. VH not in contact with Sammy Hagar...
    By VH1988 in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 1931
    Last Post: 02.04.16, 06:35 AM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12.05.15, 06:57 AM
  4. Unemployment Map - Month by month decline in employment
    By voivod in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 07.23.10, 01:13 AM
  5. Alex/Sammy Interview CNN on youtube
    By emolin67 in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02.28.06, 09:03 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •