Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

09.20.16 @ 02:59 PM
    Liked 112 Times in 74 Posts

Donor

Hey Rat Salad, sounds like you had a good time! That's awesome!
    Oh btw, what is it with people asking people to sit down at concerts? At a concert I went to last month there was a guy there being the same way. How annoying, do they think they are at the freakin movies or somethin??
    ------------------
    "...I'm your last loose end!"

[This message has been edited by Kasi VH (edited January 06, 2001 at 04:38 AM).]

Eruption
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey Kasi...long time no see sweets Ya the show was cool but I don't know what was up with the people behind me....they were obviously uptight and butt sober. That happened to you to huh....what show was that But ya it was definetly cool hearing some live VH tunes.

------------------

Here's to your thin red line....MMMMMM I'm stepping over!

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Sounds cool, I wish he'd drag that tour up north of the border here so I could see it myself.

What's with him signing autographs during the chorus of WCTBL? And letting the crowd sing Top of the World?

You said it was like he was kind of distancing himself from those songs, which would be unfortunate. Sounds a little like when they'd get some drunk fan to sing Jump on the 5150 tour.

Sounds like a fun show, though it would be nice to see Sammy mix up the VH tunes a bit. Sammy likes to brag that his shows are off the cuff, as are his setlists, but the evidence has never really backed that up.

------------------
    The Michael Jordan of Van Halen websites!!!
    www.vhlinks.com

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/Balance/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/5150/Don\'t Tell Me
    Last Online

04.29.16 @ 07:05 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I was looking forward to seeing Sammy in Washington DC, but it was one of the first 8 shows that were cancelled.

I did catch him on Leno last weekend. I am not a big solo Sammy fan and his performance on Leno didn't encourage me to pick up 10-13. He did that "Ride Sally Ride" or whatever tune. It's OK, just another tune, no new ground was broken.

Don't get me wrong, I love Sammy with VH and his solo stuff is OK, but I was just more interested to see how he works a crowd as a solo artist.

Glad to hear you had a good time. Last I saw Mona, she wasn't too hot, but then, with a few drinks in me, at a concert, then,....well anything is possible.

BTW, when those fuckers behind you tell you to sit down, tell them you're not seeing fucking Elton John. It's a rock concert. Get your ass up. Do like DLR did. Tell them they're going to get hemorhoids just sitting there!!!!!!!

Eruption
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Glenn...it really did seem like he wasn't into the VH tunes...he had much more energy for his solo tunes. Even when he played Heavy Metal he was like "Time for some Montrose"...didn't say shit when he played VH.

Jimmy.....ya if you get the chance see him in concert and pick up ten13....there are some decent tunes on there. I am not a big Sammy solo fan myself but I was happy with the show. As far as the Mona thing I was just pointing out I didn't have the best seats lol but she did look good in her zebra pants from the balcony Those fucks behind me were clueless...that sad part is they were all guys...it wasn't like they were there with their wives No offense ladies

------------------

Eruption
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Alright, I just got back from the Sammy show. It was a decent show and Sammy was on tonight!! My only problem was they weren't selling any Cabo...what's up with that? He could have made a killing with that shit tonight I got into a little discussion with some people in the pisser line. Most of them had no clue that Roth was perhaps jamming with the boys again. I heard alot of " I'll believe it when I see it, and there is too much anger there" Bitter Ok so onto the show....

He opened with Ten13 which was cool...the song grooved. The only problem was the people behind us asked us to sit down what the fuck is that?? I politely gave them my ass Rick S' Dog style Sammy was on tonight...he was funny as hell. People were giving him gifts and shit and he opened one and was like "whoa there is a dildo" funny stuff.....even Mona looked hot in her zebra pants and red shirt from where I was sitting

One of the highlights was in the middle of the set the band did this entire fade thing.....it went from Eagles Fly into Lay Your Hands on Me into Magic Bus into Little White Lies...then I think they played Mas Tequila...VERY COOL!!

Then another highlight was when he busted into Why Can't This Be Love...crowd went nuts. It was weird though because during the chorus he was signing autographs and shit...then during Top of the World he let people in the audience sing...it was cool but I kinda wanted to hear him sing ya know It was almost like he didn't want anything to do with those songs. The only other VH tune he played was Cabo Wabo during the encore. Different version but real cool. All in all it was a good show. Props to Sammy and his band!!

------------------

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

09.20.16 @ 02:59 PM
    Liked 112 Times in 74 Posts

Donor

Rat, the show I saw last month was a little band called DMB...maybe you've heard of them I'm still bummed out that I wasn't able to see Sammy when he was in Chicago, but at least I get to hear about his shows from my fellow VH buds

------------------
    "...I'm your last loose end!"

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

11.23.05 @ 03:23 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I saw Sammy in Chicago, they show he is going to put on the internet sometime. They sold the shit out of the tequila there. Cases and Cases of the stuff. It was cool, but it mad it real hard to just get a beer with these bartenders trying to mix up waboritas all night.

------------------
    I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal labotomy!

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

I hate it when people sit at shows. Lazy fuckers. Ya gotta get up and move a bit. It's rock'n'roll, ya know?

Hot For Teacher
    Omaha, soon to be Phoenix again...Thank GOD!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later, Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Mona looked good??? Ummmm.....were you in the last row? MO.

------------------
    Why behave in public if you're living on a playground? Fools...

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Last Online

02.22.16 @ 08:29 AM
    Liked 4 Times in 1 Post

Donor

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Glenn:
    What's with him signing autographs during the chorus of WCTBL? And letting the crowd sing Top of the World?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dude, IMO, that part of the set just made it that much cooler when I saw Sammy this tour. He does the VH songs for us, because they get such a huge response from the audience. Keep in mind that he also lets the audience just about do all of I Can't Drive 55, too.

------------------
    http://maya.iuma.com &lt;-- My Stuff
    http://www.vhvault.com/1989 &lt;-- My Van Halen Page

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Last Online

02.22.16 @ 08:29 AM
    Liked 4 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Whoa. Hey, Wombat, I was at both Chicago shows. Which night were you in attendance? On Saturday, I was up in the balcony, but on Sunday night, my friend and I were down on the floor and worked our way up to the very front row, where Vic gave me a high five!

------------------
    http://maya.iuma.com &lt;-- My Stuff
    http://www.vhvault.com/1989 &lt;-- My Van Halen Page

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lead Synth:
    Dude, IMO, that part of the set just made it that much cooler when I saw Sammy this tour. He does the VH songs for us, because they get such a huge response from the audience.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Thanks dudette.

------------------
    The Michael Jordan of Van Halen websites!!!
    www.vhlinks.com

Eruption
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Kasi....oh ya I think I have heard of DMB They are pretty good from what I hear

Lead....There wasn't anything terribly wrong with it, but I guess I just wanted to hear him sing VH all the way through....Glen is right about the Jump thing. Sammy always seemed to give a better effort in concert during his Halen tunes....much less enthusiasm during the few Roth tunes he sang.

------------------

Last Online

12.03.17 @ 09:00 PM
    Liked 537 Times in 291 Posts

Premium Member
    I knew you would have a good time Rat. The Cabo thing is odd though. When we saw him they had beer lines and Waborita lines. As for the knuckleheads that tried to tell you to sit down, what the fuck! LOL. Next time that happens man, tell them, "This aint fucking Bingo." "You don't stand up only when you win!" I've never really got people like that at a concert. You stand up and ROCK THE HOUSE, not sit down and think about the real world. LOL. Out.