WOMEN AND CHILDREN FIRST/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

EVERYBODY WANTS SOME!!
    Last Online

09.21.18 @ 07:12 PM
    Liked 11,020 Times in 6,014 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    Exactly you either have it or you don’t. But even if you have it, it doesn’t mean you’re gonna be a rock star...and even if you work your ass off it doesn’t mean you’re gonna be a rock star. It is a lot of luck and right place at the right time.

I think he’s doing what he enjoys and that’s all that matters. The only people who seem to be upset by it are a bunch of old farts like us who didn’t make it who think we know anything about the right way to do it. There is no right way.
    Yep. The looks on both Jacob and Josh's faces in these videos tells me they are having a great time writing and performing these songs, and I noticed Josh got credit for i believe mixing and maybe producing the second song. Just because a huge fan of Led Zeppelin doesn't like the songs, while at the same time thinks a complete Zep ripoff are doing it miles better(surprise, surprise!) doesn't mean Jacob and Josh are doing everything completely wrong.

If they are loving what they're doing, and it sure looks like they are, then what does it matter? I'd say the second song was an improvement over the first. Who's to say the next one won't be better, and maybe they will continue to progressively get better?

2. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Good Enough
    Last Online

09.21.18 @ 06:18 PM
    Liked 1,392 Times in 770 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PrideofPasadena View Post
    Ha, yeah, I don't know about the Jackson analogy. He had a little kid who could sing and dance. The rest of them weren't world class anything. They didn't need to be driven like that to be popular. Another, merciful, manager coulda made them famous too.
    The rest of them played the music and sang harmony and did tight dance steps, too. No one was shredding, but they weren't just there for looks. A real manager wouldn't have been interested until Joe turned them into a marketable product.

Quote Originally Posted by JUNGLE DRUMMER
    Just because a huge fan of Led Zeppelin doesn't like the songs, while at the same time thinks a complete Zep ripoff are doing it miles better(surprise, surprise!) doesn't mean Jacob and Josh are doing everything completely wrong.
    So far Universal Music Group and whoever books G n' R's opening acts also thinks they're doing it better.

I actually thought I'd love to do a Desmond Child and come up with a tune for J&J. I've got an idea for a song right now that sounds very much like something Ratt or Dokken would've done. If they would even do it I'm sure people would say, "This sounds like a Ratt or Dokken ripoff. It reminds me of ________." But Ratt and Dokken are what we want to hear, isn't it?

Then I also expended at least 15 minutes looking for decent hard rock singers for them on YouTube.

Downing them? Hell, I'm trying to join the band!

4. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

WOMEN AND CHILDREN FIRST/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

EVERYBODY WANTS SOME!!
    Last Online

09.21.18 @ 07:12 PM
    Liked 11,020 Times in 6,014 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by ArtyBoy View Post
    The rest of them played the music and sang harmony and did tight dance steps, too. No one was shredding, but they weren't just there for looks. A real manager wouldn't have been interested until Joe turned them into a marketable product.

So far Universal Music Group and whoever books G n' R's opening acts also thinks they're doing it better.

I actually thought I'd love to do a Desmond Child and come up with a tune for J&J. I've got an idea for a song right now that sounds very much like something Ratt or Dokken would've done. If they would even do it I'm sure people would say, "This sounds like a Ratt or Dokken ripoff. It reminds me of ________." But Ratt and Dokken are what we want to hear, isn't it?

Then I also expended at least 15 minutes looking for decent hard rock singers for them on YouTube.

Downing them? Hell, I'm trying to join the band!
    You could be their Peter Grant or Ted Templeman!

6. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Hang 'Em High
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Bottoms Up!
    Last Online

09.12.18 @ 03:06 PM
    Liked 2,949 Times in 1,890 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ArtyBoy View Post
    Not to say they weren't talented, but great at anything, no. It was all about Mike. Without him it doesn't fly.
    The "kid" angle is always workable. Brenda Lee, Stevie Wonder, another manager coulda did something with them as well.
    And did so without scaring them for life.