Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 206
  1. #31
    Hang 'Em High Harpospoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.12.12
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    5,982
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

    Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

    05.08.19 @ 10:10 AM
    Likes
    15,004
    Liked 4,223 Times in 2,233 Posts

    Default

    So sad.

    All these people who don't realize how important they are to each other.

    Many of them will only get it when they are struggling to draw in their final breaths.

  2. #32
    Hot For Teacher halensfi's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.03.12
    Age
    48
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    256
    Favorite VH Album

    all of the dave era
    Favorite VH Song

    drop dead legs
    Last Online

    11.13.19 @ 09:46 AM
    Likes
    48
    Liked 122 Times in 69 Posts

    Default

    Yep, egos suck..

  3. #33
    Hot For Teacher
    Join Date
    04.16.10
    Age
    28
    Posts
    287
    Last Online

    11.02.19 @ 12:44 PM
    Likes
    22
    Liked 100 Times in 50 Posts

    Default

    Not sure if Eddie would speak to either one even if they were on their deathbed. He is very bitter.

  4. #34
    Atomic Punk I Coulda Hada VH's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.29.00
    Location
    Land O' Lakers
    Posts
    42,122
    Favorite VH Album

    The First One
    Favorite VH Song

    I'm The One
    Last Online

    11.16.19 @ 05:28 PM
    Likes
    18,944
    Liked 24,643 Times in 14,000 Posts

    Default

    I’m not sure Eddie would piss on them if they were on fire. Good thing we have evhintexas on standby ...

  5. #35
    Atomic Punk Little Dreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.25.99
    Age
    47
    Location
    Pasadena, CA, USA
    Posts
    10,496
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Hear About It Later
    Last Online

    11.15.19 @ 06:55 AM
    Likes
    2,379
    Liked 2,320 Times in 1,303 Posts

    Default

    To be bitter about Michael Anthony, he'd have to have some reason.
    Little Dreamer

  6. #36
    Banned!
    Join Date
    09.23.11
    Age
    47
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    22,777
    Last Online

    11.25.18 @ 07:41 PM
    Likes
    5,753
    Liked 11,189 Times in 6,765 Posts

    Default

    It doesn't help when Mike keeps reminding everybody in interviews about this no matter how true. 14 years ago already.

    “Eddie was in bad shape – we did 80 shows and had to pull the plug because it was just too much work,” he said. “And I hated having to wake up the day of the show and think, ‘Which Eddie Van Halen are we going to get today? The Jekyll or the Hyde?’”

  7. #37
    Baluchitherium
    Join Date
    08.23.11
    Age
    51
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    5,038
    Favorite VH Album

    1984
    Favorite VH Song

    Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

    11.16.19 @ 06:38 AM
    Likes
    4,012
    Liked 3,879 Times in 1,964 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaboChris View Post
    It doesn't help when Mike keeps reminding everybody in interviews about this no matter how true. 14 years ago already.

    “Eddie was in bad shape – we did 80 shows and had to pull the plug because it was just too much work,” he said. “And I hated having to wake up the day of the show and think, ‘Which Eddie Van Halen are we going to get today? The Jekyll or the Hyde?’”
    I don't disagree, but at the same time I just have a hard time believing Eddie even stays aware of that stuff. I may be way off base but I just don't picture Eddie having any interest in even sitting in front of a computer, I can't for a second imagine Eddie going "Hey Al, did you read what Mike just said about me? Again? Fuck him!"

    And if he gets it second hand from someone in his inner circle it's not going to be fairly represented anyway, it would be "Hey Ed, Mike was telling people how shitty you looked last time you guys toured together!"

    But mostly I just think he's oblivious. I seriously doubt he read a single page of Sammy's book either. But I admit this is based on nothing but gut feelings. He erased them from his thoughts a long time before they said or wrote any of this.

  8. #38
    Banned!
    Join Date
    09.23.11
    Age
    47
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    22,777
    Last Online

    11.25.18 @ 07:41 PM
    Likes
    5,753
    Liked 11,189 Times in 6,765 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snowdog View Post
    I don't disagree, but at the same time I just have a hard time believing Eddie even stays aware of that stuff. I may be way off base but I just don't picture Eddie having any interest in even sitting in front of a computer, I can't for a second imagine Eddie going "Hey Al, did you read what Mike just said about me? Again? Fuck him!"

    And if he gets it second hand from someone in his inner circle it's not going to be fairly represented anyway, it would be "Hey Ed, Mike was telling people how shitty you looked last time you guys toured together!"

    But mostly I just think he's oblivious. I seriously doubt he read a single page of Sammy's book either. But I admit this is based on nothing but gut feelings. He erased them from his thoughts a long time before they said or wrote any of this.
    I used to think that way but I dont believe Ed is oblivious anymore. He's on the internet now. He cares about what is being said about him. Didn't he say once that he has Google Alerts set up to notify him when the name Van Halen is mentioned? That's a guy who's curious.

  9. #39
    Atomic Punk
    Join Date
    01.07.07
    Location
    The Texxas Jam - 1978
    Posts
    7,669
    Favorite VH Album

    Depends on the Day of the Week
    Favorite VH Song

    HAIL, D.O.A., TYWH
    Last Online

    11.16.19 @ 02:57 PM
    Likes
    1,814
    Liked 2,251 Times in 1,329 Posts

    Default

    Who can figure out the enigma that is Edward Van Halen . . . .
    "The VH Universe is built on a wall that separates CVH from SVH. Tell either side there's no wall, you've bought a war. Or a slaughter." Lt. Joshi - LAPD

  10. #40
    Baluchitherium
    Join Date
    08.23.11
    Age
    51
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    5,038
    Favorite VH Album

    1984
    Favorite VH Song

    Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

    11.16.19 @ 06:38 AM
    Likes
    4,012
    Liked 3,879 Times in 1,964 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaboChris View Post
    I used to think that way but I dont believe Ed is oblivious anymore. He's on the internet now. He cares about what is being said about him. Didn't he say once that he has Google Alerts set up to notify him when the name Van Halen is mentioned? That's a guy who's curious.
    Did he? I'm not doubting you, I just don't remember that one way or the other. Well, if true that would pretty much ruin my theory then, lol!

  11. #41
    Banned!
    Join Date
    09.23.11
    Age
    47
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    22,777
    Last Online

    11.25.18 @ 07:41 PM
    Likes
    5,753
    Liked 11,189 Times in 6,765 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snowdog View Post
    Did he? I'm not doubting you, I just don't remember that one way or the other. Well, if true that would pretty much ruin my theory then, lol!
    I'm not 100% sure but I could have swore I read that on here from somebody.

  12. The Following Member Likes This Post:


  13. #42
    Eruption
    Join Date
    10.15.05
    Age
    48
    Location
    Rochester Hills, MI
    Posts
    1,163
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Runnin' With the Devil
    Last Online

    11.16.19 @ 06:23 AM
    Likes
    282
    Liked 49 Times in 26 Posts

    Default

    It was the controversial Chuck Klosterman interview... I'm not sure if I saw it anywhere else or remember it from anything else but that

    https://www.billboard.com/articles/c...e-roth-touring

  14. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:


  15. #43
    Atomic Punk
    Join Date
    02.13.11
    Location
    Ontari-ari-ari-o!
    Posts
    20,924
    Favorite VH Album

    1984
    Favorite VH Song

    Panama
    Last Online

    11.16.19 @ 06:00 PM
    Likes
    8,125
    Liked 9,160 Times in 6,590 Posts

    Default

    I remember reading that about Eddie having alerts sent to him. And also the GW comment about how fans on the internet say 'Eddie should do this' or 'Eddie should do that' etc. and that the internet has made it easy for people to piss and moan, along with the 'Get a life!' comment and the 'Show me how good you can do it or shut the f*ck up' remark.

    Eddie is aware of the 'net more than he used to be. Maybe due to Wolf and/or Janie.
    Maybe that's also why there's no VH news right now (Haha) or such a delay between albums - Ed's surfing the net instead of jamming, much like I'm on here instead of practicing!

    Eddie? Call Sammy and get back together with him and Mike!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "There's too many people on this basketball that's floating around the sun, who are too afraid to allow themselves to FEEL" - Edward Van Halen
    "Van Halen was never about the singer..." - A very wise fan.
    "Embrace the past. Live in the moment but keep your eyes on the future, and keep on moving forward..." - Richie Sambora

  16. The Following 4 Members Like This Post:


  17. #44
    Banned!
    Join Date
    09.23.11
    Age
    47
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    22,777
    Last Online

    11.25.18 @ 07:41 PM
    Likes
    5,753
    Liked 11,189 Times in 6,765 Posts

    Default

    You don't have alerts set up if you're not on the internet.

    “I have a lot of Google alerts set up,” says Van Halen."

  18. The Following Member Likes This Post:


  19. #45
    Atomic Punk japeape's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.05.15
    Posts
    13,915
    Favorite VH Album

    II & WACF
    Favorite VH Song

    HAIL & Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

    11.15.19 @ 11:31 PM
    Likes
    8,423
    Liked 12,487 Times in 6,833 Posts

    Default

    Dee Dee Ramone said, when Joey was stricken with cancer & on his death bed, he
    told Johnny, it's probably time you better go see him.

    Johnny's response was, what for?

    I don't think Eddie is gonna suddenly become grief stricken over the loss of
    Mike or Sammy, or even have regrets.

    It sucks, but i don't think he's wired like that.
    Once he's done with you, that's that.

  20. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:


 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Michael Anthony NAMM interview
    By Little Dreamer in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02.06.17, 10:30 AM
  2. Michael Anthony Interview New
    By voa38 in forum Chickenfoot
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 06.23.09, 11:39 PM
  3. The latest interview of Michael Anthony
    By uimac in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 344
    Last Post: 03.13.06, 11:31 PM
  4. Michael Anthony interview
    By barking lizard in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07.25.02, 10:14 AM
  5. Michael Anthony interview......but nothing new
    By rxman in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11.16.01, 04:34 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •