Favorite VH Album

All 14 of 'em (best ofs too)
    Favorite VH Song

I'll Wait / Feelin'
    Last Online

09.12.18 @ 04:20 PM
    Liked 21 Times in 7 Posts

Default Has anyone heard of Mike Masse?

I love Mike's covers! Such does such an amazing job! Here are three of my favorites. He's covered over 100 tunes, with different musicians.
    Twilight Zone (Golden Earring)

Africa (Toto)

In Your Eyes (Peter Gabriel)
    "I didn't just drive a thousand goddamn miles on a motorcycle to watch some little girl prance around on stage" - Steve Morrison on if Justin Bieber performed at Sturgis Motorcycle Rally

-"I'd rather stick my junk into a freshly-slapped hornet's nest." LLFHS on banging Lindsay Lohan

Poster formerly known as Fiftyoneftfty

Good Enough
    Last Online

09.21.18 @ 06:18 PM
    Liked 1,392 Times in 770 Posts

Hi, Mike!

I wondered what Louis CK was doing with himself these days. Nice to see he's found a new outlet.

They're good, but I'm wondering why it is all I see on the internet now is people doing covers. Guitar solos, songs, drum covers, everybody is doing songs that have been on classic rock radio for 50 years. Similarly, on Facebook everybody posts little comical memes they copy and paste instead of their own thoughts. I guess there's not as much original thinking out there as I thought.

BUT...yes, their voices blend well, I like the wide panning on the guitar. Amazing they can get such a full sound out of two guys.

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

09.21.18 @ 07:24 PM
    Liked 22,081 Times in 11,076 Posts

Premium Member

Same reason for when guys on here in their little side bands play originals and everyone sits down or goes to the bar, but once you crank up some Bon Jovi the dance floor is packed.

Those guys get lots of clicks on YouTube playing covers. If they post originals, I bet they get way fewer eyeballs. Just the way it is.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

Good Enough
    Last Online

09.21.18 @ 06:18 PM
    Liked 1,392 Times in 770 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    Same reason for when guys on here in their little side bands play originals and everyone sits down or goes to the bar, but once you crank up some Bon Jovi the dance floor is packed.

Those guys get lots of clicks on YouTube playing covers. If they post originals, I bet they get way fewer eyeballs. Just the way it is.
    Too true! I have some friends that have a cover band that plays several nights a month. I've asked them why they don't do originals. They said they can make $100 apiece playing covers for three hours, whereas if they played originals they'd be lucky to make $50 for the entire band.

Favorite VH Album

II & WACF
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL & Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

09.17.18 @ 04:05 PM
    Liked 9,841 Times in 5,291 Posts

I love this guy's videos.

He does tons of classic rock: The Who, The stones, the 70's, the 80's....
    I've learned a lot from his Jimmy Page bits.

Always loved this song, too.
    Love the chords & melody.

Favorite VH Album

VH I, VH II, 1984, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Women In Love, I'm The One
    Last Online

09.12.18 @ 08:27 AM
    Liked 123 Times in 74 Posts

I've known about Masse for awhile. Same as you...really enjoy his covers. This is my particular favorite.

Mike sings backup/harmony, but the girl has a great voice and they nail this one.

When Delores died, I took the opportunity to introduce my 12 year old daughter to the Cranberries and Linger is her favorite song. My daughter is a really good singer, but a bit shy. Like most good musicians, she's very critical of herself to the point of obsession. My wife loves to hear my daughter sing, but she doesn't really like to sing in front of people (even family) other than for school solos, etc. When I showed my daughter this cover, it inspired the both of us to use this arrangement and put it together and we are going perform is as a surprise to my wife for Mother's day this Sunday. I'm playing guitar and singing Mike's harmonies...my 19yr old son is a bass player and agreed to fill out the sound a little, and my daughter is singing. We don't do it quite to this level, but I will say we do it well enough that I'd have no problem performing in front of people, even though my daughter would never agree to it.

I really love Mike's take on this song and the performance is fantastic.

Last edited by Garywascooltoo; 05.09.18 at 10:31 AM.
    "Forked tongue in double-speak"