Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast
    Romeo Delight
    Last Online

04.16.18 @ 09:53 PM
    Liked 27 Times in 20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Ok- You think its normal rock fan chit chat to jump in & gleefully share a personal anecdote telling the world about pissing in Jeff Becks elevator.....

Thats no big deal just normal stuff huh.

Or attempting to antagonize someones comment asking if they sucked dick.

Oh Yeah. Perfectly acceptable normal dialogue for sure.

Of course I know better than to bring it up but was online and spoke my mind. This thread will be dead soon anyways. I dont give a fuck. Dave's playing vegas. Yay.

Your right, it is stupid and juvenile. But isn't that par for the course with some of the extreme elements of VH fans. Whether it is this website or VHND, at some point it turns into some DLR vs Sammy situation, which then tends to denigrate into dumb name calling more appropriate for middle school.

For the topic at hand, I think it is cool that DLR does charity work, and he deserve praise for it. I hope the folks who attended the show enjoyed it.

Last Online

04.24.18 @ 08:37 AM
    Liked 9,397 Times in 5,561 Posts

Premium Member

You guys are a bunch of pussies. You want serious dialogue? Go to an NPR forum or whatever. We get raunchy because VH was raunchy.

I'm sticking up for Show because I know he's die hard and he can be eloquent when need be. This is internet forums. Deal with it.

3. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Atomic Punk Get The Show On The Road's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

Liked 11,792 Times in 6,245 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Ok- You think its normal rock fan chit chat to jump in & gleefully share a personal anecdote telling the world about pissing in Jeff Becks elevator.....

Thats no big deal just normal stuff huh.

Or attempting to antagonize someones comment asking if they sucked dick.

Oh Yeah. Perfectly acceptable normal dialogue for sure.

Of course I know better than to bring it up but was online and spoke my mind. This thread will be dead soon anyways. I dont give a fuck. Dave's playing vegas. Yay.
    You're one of the last people on this forum that should be griping about questionable posts.

You've made it into more of an issue by continuing to bitch about it after the posts had been forgotten.
    The only genre I really know is Van Halen.

Atomic Punk Get The Show On The Road's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

Liked 11,792 Times in 6,245 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaboChris View Post
    You guys are a bunch of pussies. You want serious dialogue? Go to an NPR forum or whatever. We get raunchy because VH was raunchy.

I'm sticking up for Show because I know he's die hard and he can be eloquent when need be. This is internet forums. Deal with it.
    No shit.

Guy says he's 50 and then bitches like a little girl because he doesn't like a post on a forum dedicated to a rock band with lyrics like "she puts the cream in my coffee."

The irony...
    Last edited by Get The Show On The Road; 04.16.18 at 04:46 AM.
    The only genre I really know is Van Halen.

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

04.16.18 @ 09:53 PM
    Liked 27 Times in 20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CaboChris View Post

And we get the fallacy of the false dilemma crowd going on here. There is a middle ground between being a complete and utter jerk and boredom. But if you want to use the band and that this is the internet as ground for being an ass, all the more power to you.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight/Mine All Mine
    Last Online

04.24.18 @ 08:36 AM
    Liked 1,160 Times in 582 Posts

Wow, this thread has gotten especially crazy. Trying to discern whether DLR is a nice guy or not based on a picture taking policy at a charity event is a bit myopic. There are many celebs/entertainers who are just bad people – many are criminals, abusers, or just nasty, rotten apples. That being said, Dave or any of the current or former members of VH are not even remotely in that category so I’m not sure why we go down those paths. Even EVH who seemingly treats some of his friends or former friends like crap, certainly doesn’t treat Joe public that way.
    "...it's steak and whiskey time in America." - bklynboy68

8. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

04.17.18 @ 01:37 PM
    Liked 104 Times in 27 Posts

Right on! His manager apologized and said she would gladly let me get a photo after the set from the professional photographer they had back there. He was taking photos with all the dancers, getting ready to step on stage. I thought there was an encore, and didn't get back to the side area quick enough, or I left the party before they were back. It was getting late. He was very polite.

Quote Originally Posted by BlindtotheWorld View Post
    Wow, this thread has gotten especially crazy. Trying to discern whether DLR is a nice guy or not based on a picture taking policy at a charity event is a bit myopic. There are many celebs/entertainers who are just bad people Ė many are criminals, abusers, or just nasty, rotten apples. That being said, Dave or any of the current or former members of VH are not even remotely in that category so Iím not sure why we go down those paths. Even EVH who seemingly treats some of his friends or former friends like crap, certainly doesnít treat Joe public that way.

10. The Following 4 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dirty Movies
    Last Online

04.16.18 @ 07:38 AM
    Liked 48 Times in 17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by edwardv View Post
    Rule number one if you ever meet a celeb especially a musican and you want the person to be friendly don't ask for an autograph or a pic. Talk music. If they talk to you for a bit and like you they will many times say hey you want a photo op etc. Never interupt a meal either. Airport waiting areas are good. No I'm not a stalker just been around. Not anymore though.
    So much truth in that.

I love reading all the stories about how much of a dick Roth and Ed are because of the way they have handled fan interactions with them. I've met them both, and both of them were completely cool. I sat and bullshitted with Roth at a Hollywood nightclub when he was in full camo mode (beard, hat, sunglasses) and we talked cars for a good half hour. I never asked for an autograph or pic. I just bullshitted with him. He even bought my drinks.

Ed (and this was back in his "down" years) was up in my neck of the woods looking at real estate. He had a gaggle of people around and did not want to be called Ed by anyone. He was called "Kelly" to keep the hordes of people away. I sat and talked with him about golf and cars. Ya know what? The fucker was cool as can be. Totally humble. It was only when someone would scream "that's Eddie Van Halen!!" from 50 feet away that he would get uncomfortable and lower his head.

Dave doing the charity thing is awesome. Every dollar made goes to charity. A single pic of the dude sold to an online rag brings in money to something outside of the charity he is performing for. Cut the dude some slack...
    Last edited by 87GNX; 04.16.18 at 07:37 AM.

Eruption
    Last Online

04.24.18 @ 05:02 AM
    Liked 1,949 Times in 819 Posts

In all fairness the attacks on members PERSONALLY really 99%of the time have a single poster origin. It doesn't seem to be a wide spread issue to compulsively prove A is a better than guy B. Just one dude with that need.
    Everyone else sure has preferences but that need to make it about a person is unique that other noise is just reacting to since it typically is without merit or knowledge

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Darrin Stephens; 04.16.18 at 08:18 AM.

13. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

The First One
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

04.24.18 @ 08:26 AM
    Liked 18,278 Times in 10,402 Posts

"It's so lonely at the top because it's so crowded at the bottom" - Diamond David Lee Roth

"Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners" - George Carlin

"Women and Children First ... The REAL Van Halen III"

15. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:

Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Get The Show On The Road View Post
    No shit.

Guy says he's 50 and then bitches like a little girl because he doesn't like a post on a forum dedicated to a rock band with lyrics like "she puts the cream in my coffee."

The irony...
    You know. I dont care for half the shit that Heisenberg posts. Just fanboy ultra fucking Ken Burns PBS type stuff. Oh he unearthed a photo from 1982. Cool.

I laughed at your comment and just scrolled by. You wanna comment about this stuff. Take the backlash.

17. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

The First One
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

"It's so lonely at the top because it's so crowded at the bottom" - Diamond David Lee Roth

Good Enough
    Last Online

04.21.18 @ 02:55 AM
    Liked 225 Times in 96 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vaijuju View Post

just a gigolo
    Sounds pretty good to me. He's what now, 65? Still in great shape, it seems he's barely hanging on to the hair on top...that's no big deal though. I'm not surprised people who worked with him had good things to say. Both Dave and Eddie have done their share of charity work. While anything is possible with VH, I do get the feeling that they are done with Roth or he is done with them. Good to see Dave out looking good and enjoying himself. I think Sam's pretty cool too. I don't get all the pissing and moaning in this thread.

20. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

The First One
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

What was it Freud said about slagging someone in order to try to build up someone else?

Last Online

Premium Member

MA has been desperately trying to hang on to his strands for years. Sorry my follicly challenged brothers. I'm sure you all have huge penises.

23. The Following Member Likes This Post: