Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    On Fire
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 01:34 AM
    Liked 28 Times in 18 Posts

I don't know if this subject has been brought up before, but this thought occurred to me the other day. I think everyone agrees that RD is a A grade money grabbing asshole and it would not suprise me if he was the push behind BOV1. Sammy did not get along with RD and he was against the idea of a Best Of release. What better way to to sell BOV1 than to have a couple new tunes with Dave. I don't think Ed is such a jerk to think up the idea to get Dave back for a couple of tunes and then dump him. Even if Dave did act like a ass at the MTV Music Awards, I don't think this warranted the fiasco that followed. Ed did say in a later interview he was happy with the fact that he and Dave were getting along fine and actually had become friends. But Ed didn't like the idea of going to NYC for the MTV music awards as he knew Gary was the next singer for Van Halen. RD had way too much influence over the band at this stage and fucked them over totally.

Now RD is out of the picture I hope the guys in the band are getting along fine. I hope the reunion is not just for the money and that there is genuine friendship happening and great music is being made. I wouldn't want Ed to compromise himself just for the sake of the almighty dollar. Dave may be a ass sometimes but I hope Ed realises that the only singer that can bring out his best is Dave.

Edward Van Halen + Alex Van Halen + Michael Anthony + David Lee Roth = MAGIC

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 10:08 PM
    Liked 84 Times in 35 Posts

Well I dont know Ray Daniels, Ed or Alex so anything I say is purely speculation on my part. I think Ray was behind getting Dave back for a few songs or atleast planted the seed in Eds mind. To tell you the truth its really a great idea, what better way to sell a Best of Album than to bring the original front man back for a few songs.

I do think Ray started pulling crap about this point, I believe that Ray mis-lead Dave and Dave's people on his exact status in the band. VH mis-lead people by going to the MTV awards and basically not telling the whole truth.

I think Ed relised what was going down after awhile and was not comfortable with it at all. Ed looked miserable on stage even before Dave starting doing his thing, you could just tell something was a mis. It was to late by this time VH was right in the middle of this nightmare and there was nothing they could do.

I think Ray fucked Gary over also, I dont know this for a fact but my guess is Gary doesnt have alot to do with Ray. I think Ray Daniels just mis-leads people thats how he gets what he wants, Ray is a master manipulator.

I had the pleasure of reading that chapter in Sammy's bio that hasnt yet been released. Sammy basically say's Ray Daniels was the begging of the end for him in VH. Ray lies to everyone, he is a ass kisser to youir face and a back stabber when you leave the room. I honeslty think Ray saw Sammy as a threat so he made things difficult for Sammy to exist.

I think we all can agree its a good thing Ray Daniels is gone.

------------------
    ((Just My Two Cents))
    and thats about what its worth

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Well, I don't know if it was RD's idea, but I recall hearing that WB called Dave about the Best of project which prompted him to get in touch with the band to make sure he had fair representation on the album.

------------------
    Fall in line, say the word...
    VHLinks Forum Moderator (Opinions)
    Up Front Fanatics!

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

According to Eddie, Dave called to see how his era would be represented on the Best Of project, and Eddie went over to his house to discuss it. At that point, they became close and Eddie thought it would be cool to record a couple of songs.

And didn't Dave say on Stern that when he showed up at the studio for the first time Alex and Michael didn't even know he was coming? That seems pretty hard to believe, but I thought I heard that on one of the audio clips at the Army.

Anyway, at least in the early stages, I don't think that Ray had any hand in Dave working with the band.

------------------
    The Michael Jordan of Van Halen websites!!!
    www.vhlinks.com

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later, Atomic Pu
    Last Online

07.20.17 @ 03:43 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

No more than Hillary Clinton setting Bill up with Monica.

------------------

*gulp* - Down In Flames

"...like falling down the stairs and landing on your feet." - Edward Van Halen describing his solos.

"And I swore to myself, I swore to myself that some day, some day...I was going to smoke joints that big." - DLR, Crazy From The Heat

Wolfman's Van Halen Shrine - http://home.earthlink.net/~theflyingwolfman

Favorite VH Album

All 7 of them!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

11.30.16 @ 02:56 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Ray may have not been involved in getting Dave back in for the two best of songs, but he CERTAINLY had a hand in his removal and Cherone's entrance.

------------------
    Eat Us And Smile!!!! (Back in action!)

(VV)
    "the show-stoppa!!"
    DLR Army Moderator

redblk&wht
    Big time Vinnie, Master manipulator Indeedio,
    That Ray Daniels charachter.
    He caused alot of Bad memories for the Band thats for sure-

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

It seems to me like DLR would have been more of a threat to RD. I mean, honestly, if Sammy wouldn't listen to him, what are the chances Dave would?

------------------
    Fall in line, say the word...
    VHLinks Forum Moderator (Opinions)
    Up Front Fanatics!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 10:08 PM
    Liked 84 Times in 35 Posts

Oh I dont think Ray ever had plans of having Dave back in the band full time.
    NO WAY IN HELL COULD HE CONTROL DAVE!!

I think he wanted him in for the 2 songs and thats it - 2 songs to sell one hell of a lot of copies of BOVH. I dont know what percentage of the sales he gets but Im sure its more than a penny per CD. Having Dave back for two songs put VH right on the front page again, VH or the band didnt really ever come out and say much about this. We were all mislead by Ray in order to sell BOVH.

I wouldnt be surprised if Ray is busted for running the worlds largest puppy mill some day. {BASTARD )

------------------
    ((Just My Two Cents))
    and thats about what its worth

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:34 PM
    Liked 65 Times in 36 Posts

Premium Member
    Both Dave & Sam have some business smarts, Ray wouldn't want them within kicking distance of the band, unless he could milk a quick buck or 2 outta it.

------------------
    A little zen... Headed your way...

Eruption
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Having heard the shit Hagar said about Daniels, I don't know what to think. But, since Daniels got kicked out of VH, Maybe Sammy is telling the truth(1st time ever). Maybe Ray Daniels is a manipulative little fucker that deserved to get his ass kicked out of the band. That way Ray cannot make a shitload off of VH during their monster reunion with DLR. Fuck you Ray! We reep what we so jackass!Peace out Ray Daniels.

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

If Ray Danniels couldn't control Sammy Hagar, would he have a snowball's chance in Hell of controlling David Lee Roth???

Danniels agenda, even before forcing Sammy out, was to replace him with a singer he could control. Gary Cherone was Ray's handpicked replacement all along.

I have always felt that Eddie considered reuniting Van HALEN legitimately at this point. Even Ed himself admitted that he and Dave were becoming better friends than they had been before 1984. But just as Danniels manipulated the feud between Eddie and Sammy Hagar, he planted doubts in Ed's mind (and Alex's) about a reunion of the original band, Roth's ability to sing live, etc.

No doubt Danniels probably knew that the reunion hype would push the sales of BOV1. He probably hoped the publicity would carry into the sales of VD III, but obviously that strategy backfired bigtime, eventually costing both him and Cherone their jobs

(Thank God! )

------------------
    F.O.R.D. Country
    EUAS 2001 : The Wrath of Roth

Van HALEN is: Dave, Eddie, Mikey, Alex. Any questions?

preaching the gospel of the one true Van HALEN for the redemption of a rock n roll world that's gone
    to boy band Hell.

[This message has been edited by FORD (edited December 02, 2000 at 02:32 PM).]

Eruption
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yes FORD. You hit the nail on the head bro. Once Eddie caught on to Ray's manipulation it was all over. "Fuck you Ray, Fuck you Gary. Dave is coming back and you two motherfuckers pack your bags and get the fuck out!" That is the truth. People who manipulate and take advantage of other people always get caught in the end. Fuck you Ray.Peace out FORD.

SoCalChelle
    Ray had already manipulated himself into a nice cushy deal where he profitted from the sales of the first 6 albums (even though he wasn't even around when they were recorded). I don't have the figures right in front of me, but I'd be willing to bet that sales of those albums rose dramatically after the two new songs w/DLR were released. So, if my theory is correct, Ray just wanted Dave in long enough to cash in on that and then replace him with his own guy - Gary. I'm not saying anything bad about Gary. He was tricked just like everyone else. Ray probably knew Gary wouldn't be a good fit with VH, but he knew from managing Extreme that he could control him. Excuse my language but...SNEAKY FUCKING BASTARD!

redblk&wht
    <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SoCalChelle:
    Ray probably knew Gary wouldn't be a good fit with VH, but he knew from managing Extreme that he could control him. Excuse my language but...SNEAKY FUCKING BASTARD! [/B]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Great point Chelle, Its the manipulating thing, Exactly. Control was the thing he wanted. The Missing Sam chapter explained Sam's side & what Ray was known to do & He saw right through it.Ford, also DLR would have never put up with that shit either, RIGHT ON!!!

------------------
    _______
    DLR=VH=
    Classic
    -------