Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Jordan Peterson

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

02.21.20 @ 03:41 AM
    Liked 12,400 Times in 6,974 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rocknblues81 View Post
    That might be what it is. I'm not meaning to write him off altogether, but the few times I've seen him on Tucker Carlson he seemed to a little off. Maybe its just me.
    Tucker Carlson is not the place for him. Tucker is a goofy fuck. He'd be better with a guy like O'Reilly that he can actually talk to.

Sent from blah blah using Tapatalk

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

02.20.20 @ 08:34 PM
    Liked 27,925 Times in 14,127 Posts

Wouldn't mind see Peterson and Mark Levin sitting down and talking about the issues of the day for a bit.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

3. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Banned!
    Last Online

11.25.18 @ 07:41 PM
    Liked 11,193 Times in 6,766 Posts

Some of you guys are man-crushing a little too hard.

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by CaboChris View Post
    Some of you guys are man-crushing a little too hard.
    Everyone loves Canadians

6. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Banned!
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    Everyone loves Canadians

Btw, I'm curious. Why did your parents go to Canada and not America? Was there family in Canada already?

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

Btw, I'm curious. Why did your parents go to Canada and not America? Was there family in Canada already?
    Funnily enough they almost ended up in Chicago, i didn't know that until a few years ago. My dad had more family in Toronto though so he and his brother ended up there since a job was guaranteed and the main purpose of coming was to support the family back home.

9. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

02.20.20 @ 06:51 PM
    Liked 19,936 Times in 11,452 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    Wouldn't mind see Peterson and Mark Levin sitting down and talking about the issues of the day for a bit.
    That would be EPIC.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Banned!
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    That would be EPIC.
    Epic would've been a Peterson/Hitchens chat.

12. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Epic would've been a Peterson/Hitchens chat.
    Hitch with anyone.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

The Story of Alice Cooper - Jordan Peterson with Howard Bloom

http://www.vhlinks.com/vbforums/thre...22#post2129622

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Btw, I'm curious.
    We already knew that, it really doesn't bother us, I swear.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

16. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:

Banned!
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    We already knew that, it really doesn't bother us, I swear.
    I KNEW you would be the first one to crack a joke when I typed that.

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Because I am the most open minded. It doesn't bother me, actually, it kind of turns me on. Where do you live again?

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    He'd be better with a guy like O'Reilly that he can actually talk to.

He was on last night.

Interview with Jordan Peterson on College Campus Chaos

By: Bill O'Reilly

March 20, 2018

Let's bring in Dr. Jordan Peterson. He comes from the University of Toronto, used to teach at Harvard as well, professor of psychology. He's got a best-selling book out called, 12 Rules for Life: an Antidote to Chaos. You know, you hear me talk about chaos a lot on this program. Anyway, Dr. Peterson has been in the forefront of fighting for free speech on college campuses and attacking political correctness. So, I want to walk through this with you doctor.

How did it get this bad?

"How about 30 years of subsidizing radical leftists on university campuses." 

How do they subsidize? 

"Well they're subsidized by tax money, paying their salaries and then of course they're also beneficiaries of tuition. And I suppose that's more reasonable because at least that's not compelled tax money, but the campuses are becoming increasingly leftist oriented since the 1970s, I would say. And now we see the results of that and the results are the sorts of policies and statements that you just described. So, the idea that our culture is intrinsically white supremacist is becoming, what would you call it accepted".

Accepted and if you fight against it then you're a racist, so, I mean there's no dialogue. No dialogue. 

"Yeah well, the thing is that if you fight against any of these ideas then you're the worst exemplar of whatever it is that there, that they're fighting, that they are proclaiming."

That's what happens, you have to be destroyed, not only do you have to be marginalized but you have to be destroyed. But, but let's get back to this, was it the Deans, was it the schools themselves, like Harvard where you taught or University of Toronto, do they recruit these far left people, is that, was it a weeding out of moderates and replacing them with far left? 

"No, I think it was partly the proclivity of people who have a left leaning temperament to, to pursue careers like those in the humanities and social sciences. So, there's a self selection by temperament and then I think that, then there was an additional ideological overlay as postmodernism became the increasingly accepted mode of intellectual conduct on campuses. So, I think that snowballed rather unexpectedly. I mean I think as well those people who are possessed by a left leaning, far left leaning ideology of course, also tend to exclude anyone who doesn't share their ideological presuppositions. So, I guess that's three factors that were at work simultaneously."

And they don't even hide it, they're not even hiding the fact that they don't want your opinion or my opinion, broadcasts or in a lecture or in a debate, they want to shut you, me down, hurt us, marginalize us, get us off whatever venue we're on. But it seems that in America, may be Canada as well, there should be pushback by not only other faculty members but the students, there should be push back, say look we don't want that kind of a campus. We don't want to live in a totalitarian academic environment.

"Well, I think that is happening to some degree, there are more and more free speech clubs being formulated and with increasing, increasing memberships. But part of the problem is that people who aren't politically ideological, let's say are busy doing other things right. They're busy getting educated, they're busy becoming engineers or scientists and they don't really have the time, in some sense to attend to these political issues and most of the time that's actually a pretty good choice but I'm afraid we've got to the point where the ideologues are threatening, increasingly threatening, the integrity of even the scientific disciplines, especially biology is really their next target. And so I'm afraid that the students and the faculty members who have been asleep while all of this is happening, and perhaps rightly so have to wake up and notice that the political has become relevant, unfortunately.". 

I think many administrators fear these people, deans and ... 

"They fear and pander to them at the same time".

Yeah, but the fear, the fear overrides due process for example, I mean we're seeing at many, many college campuses.

"There is an unholy alliance between the administrators and the radicals in some sense. So, one of the things that's happened in the United States, I would say is that as the universities have become more and more expensive and a larger and larger proportion of that expense, let's say parsed off for the administrators and more and more students relying on student loans, there is the, what that means is that there's been a transformation in the way the universities conceptualize students I would say. So, the students are primary sources of revenue and they defer their future income or they pay their future income in their tuition, essentially. And now you can't declare bankruptcy if you have a student loan in the United States, so the administrators have figured out how to pick the future pockets of university students and I think they're willing to leave the campuses, they're not willing to discipline the students or to hold them accountable because that would interfere with treating them in the kind of consumer friendly manner that increases the probability that they're going to stay in university and rack up debt that they can't drop."

Well, maybe, maybe that's a factor. But I pointed to Yale, when there was a housing director who said hey you know what, this Halloween costume political correctness, this is insane, you want to dress up with a Mexican hat, go have fun. And that that woman and her husband, who taught at Yale as well, had to leave. They were forced out of the university. All right. Nobody in the administration came to their aid and that's what I, when I'm talking about fear. I've seen colleges, I went to the Kennedy School at Harvard, you know it well, correct?

"Yep."

All right. In the mid 90s, there wasn't any of this. I mean it tilted left but it had a big cadre of military people coming in for mid career degrees and therefore it was kind of sane. Right now, The Kennedy School, if you go into the Shorenstein press center, every single instructor, every single one is left or far left, there isn't any moderate people there. And that's because of the administration they're afraid to hire anybody who's moderate. 

"Yeah, well I don't know if it's the administration, precisely or just the way the hiring process is fold out across time. You know things can, you can get positive feedback loops developing systems without anyone really planning them, you know and I think that's partly happened at the universities, not that I'm excusing it. But it's definitely the case that moderate or conservative voices are almost entirely lacking. So, you see..."

Is that the same thing in Canada too?

"Oh absolutely. Yeah, especially in the humanities and social sciences."

So it's the same thing.

"It's not so bad in STEM fields. Oh yeah, it's the same thing everywhere in the Western world, as far as I can tell.".

So, then this dovetails into your book, 12 Rules for Life. Because if you have, only one power structure on a college campus or in a country or in a town OK, you're going to have chaos. OK because that power structure is going to be able to impose its will on you. And that's what we're seeing in America, we're, we are seeing that and I'm sure you know this, we are seeing an attack on the President of the United States by the media that's unprecedented. They want him out of there. They're not reporting, they're trying to hang him. They want him out, the corporate chieftains want him removed. It's not about reporting anymore and the chaos that's ensued, whether you like Trump or not. I mean, I don't know how the man does his job every day.

"Yeah well it reminds me of the political situation that surrounded Nixon in the 70s. You know, this is the last time that I saw that much political tension, I think emanating from the United States, internal political tension. So."

It's a different situation, though.

"Yeah, oh yeah it is. It is."

Because this is, this is naked advocacy for money, too. I mean the people who are on the side of removing President Trump, they can make big money. And then you have the, you know the women's movement, that we now know is tied into the far left. All right. And you have this unbelievable, massing of totalitarian forces, I think it is really frightening.

"Well part of the problem, Bill, as far as I can tell is that there is no simple way of, of clearly defining the ideas on the left that go too far. You know, because each of the ideas taken singly have a certain amount of attraction, especially to people who are compassionate. But if you get the ideas pushed far enough, like I would say they're pushed too far for example when the radical leftist go after equality of outcome. Then things take a vicious tilt in a totalitarian direction but it's not easy to explain that to people who don't know anything about history and who don't know anything about philosophy. It's hard to put your finger on exactly why that's a bad idea." 

But there is a backlash brewing. Look, if Mueller indicts Donald Trump, there's going to be a civil war in this country in the United States. 

"Well, let's hope it doesn't get to that. Do you think they'll indict him?". 

No, I don't think he will. And I think the Inspector General of the Justice Department is going to save President Trump because it will be smirched, that report will be smirched to the FBI and the credibility of the investigation both in Hillary Clinton's email and in the Russian collusion will evaporate. But then the left will turn to the women and they'll try to use the women to destroy Trump, which is already happening on a concurrent basis. So, we have huge, huge chaos to go back to your book. Which I'm really enjoying, Professor it's a little, it's a little, it's a little intellectual for me, I'm a simple man but I'm enjoying the book and I want everybody to check it out. It's very nice of you to talk to us today. We hope you'll come back. 

"It's very good talking to you, yeah good luck to you. Thank you. Bye bye

20. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

=VH= II
    Last Online

02.20.20 @ 09:12 PM
    Liked 2,685 Times in 1,418 Posts

Premium Member

☩ ☩ ☩

22. The Following Member Likes This Post: