Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Good Enough
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 09:22 AM
    Liked 280 Times in 134 Posts

Just wondering about their drug history.. can you tell I'm bored?

I assume they used to smoke a little pot now and then.. and I remember reading in Dave's book that he and Eddie did Coke at Ed's wedding. Eddie said, I believe in Rolling Stone, he did coke from 1980-1984.. and then quit.

Are they clean and sober, now? What about Sammy and Gary? Sammy talks about getting high, but at 53 years old!

Mike seems liked he'd never go further than booze.. and Gary, well.. maybe coffee.

Dave and Al.. I'd assume.. have tried it all and then some!

Not the most pleasant of topics, but any help?

Favorite VH Album

All of em
    Favorite VH Song

Impossible to name only one
    Last Online

01.08.17 @ 09:19 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Is it just me or does Sammy try too hard to be cool? I think he tries but its not natural. Its a case of old guy who tries to be cool. Like that Amsterdam song, whats up with that? I think Dave is cool, but he dont try.

Banned!
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I walked back stage at a VH show in 84 and saw all four members doing Whipits. I thought to myself this is out of control, I'm outta here.

[This message has been edited by gigglegiggle (edited August 27, 2000 at 10:32 AM).]

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

ALL of them have done ALOT of coke.

------------------
    MightyVanHalen's Pictures http://www.geocities.com/mightyvanhalen/index.html

"No man is happy without a delusion of some kind. Delusions are as necessary to our happiness as realities." -Christian Nestell Bovee, American author (1820-1904).

Top Of The World
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

What the hell are whipits?

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

wtf whipits
    can someone translate that.
    ive done my share of drugs but never heard of whipits??????????????????????????????????????????? ????????

------------------
    (( back up bitch! i missed the order box, move your ass back please , so i can order my food,((well if you would have pulled up to the right place in first place.,. look lady back the fuck up or im gonna cap your ass!! yeah uh ill take a#4 quarter pounder plain with cheese only.!!!! drive thru please !!

Eruption
    Favorite VH Song

Secrets
    Last Online

11.01.17 @ 03:25 PM
    Liked 607 Times in 299 Posts

whipits refer to this high you get from the "gas" or whatver it is that is in cans of whipcream. you suck in that gas holding it right side up and it gives you a high.

HYS www.jointfilms.com

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

04.17.12 @ 03:02 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

As part of the late 70's and early 80's rock scene, I'm sure they've all done their share of drugs. Sammy and Dave make no secret of their fondness for pot. I'm remember readin' an Ed quote in Rolling Stone whereby he made a reference to doin' "blow".

I have no insider info, but I tend to believe in recent years, Ed and Al have tried their best to stay clear of anything addictive. Whether they've been successful or not is anybody's guess.

------------------
    Alright You Sinners, Swing!

[This message has been edited by dropdeadlegs (edited August 27, 2000 at 02:04 PM).]

No Bozo's
    You know 55 I threaded a topic last week about this very thing. It's a topic people just don't want to talk about? Has it really affected their music? It all started with the Balance tour ...

They named the alblum Balanced because that was the way the band felt. Maybe he sliped off the wagon a couple of times but who cares right? I've been there before ...

Then came along the idea of making a greatest hits record since sammy had all talked them into taking time off for his "box set". Fine they did, but they also did 2 songs with dave, that promted rumors and speculation about this supposedley "reunion tour" that started all back on the MTV awards in 98'. There's two sides of this story Ed's and Dave's, none the less, I'm sitting here thinkin', why did they get rid of sammy in the first place?, well that would take us back to the night when sam said Ed called him up all drunk 'n' pissed saying that sam had always been a solo artist. So falling off the wagon huh?

Then he started to see some counselor chick who "opened" up his mind that tricked him into feeling what was there, was there to replace his "cravings" for drugs and alchol. In doing so he sobered up completley and produced the biggest flop known to man, with that other guy? Gary "got no tone" Cherone ...

And I haven'tist the slightest clue what they're doing now ...

[This message has been edited by No Bozo's (edited August 27, 2000 at 02:18 PM).]

No Bozo's
    Can't believe you guys would snoop that low to the level of wipit's! WTF man

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

balance
    Last Online

04.17.05 @ 12:08 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I remember reading once that dave colapsed at a show in Spokane, WA and ended up in the hospital for a couple days. I don't remember the exact year but I seem to remember that it was drug related.

------------------
    "common sense ain't common"

Eruption
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sounds like VH were quite the looser druggies. I for one respect these guys for the great music they have made. But, if they wanna snort coke and smoke pot then they might as well put a fucking gun to their heads and pull the fucking trigger! I sure as hell hope Van Halen Have grown up and stopped doing the drugs. They are not little fucking kids any more and don't need to be doing that shit. What kind of example does that set for their own kids? Not a very fucking good one.Peace out, NOT Peace pipe.

No Bozo's
    Hey Madden(grandpa) freagin' toss yourself a bone and chill the f**k out! I know it's your opinion and everything but F**ck man, that statement right there that you made is probobly a result of a bad day huh? Didn't you take or do any drugs man? We've all been there shit(I'm about to go outside and light up myself) and if it wasn't for Halen getting high would be so boring ...

On Fire
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Whether the boys did drugs or not (And I assume they've probably done their fair share) they NEVER alluded to the fact that they were users. All they ever talked about was the heavy drinking that went on. Sure, drinking is a drug too but, in my opinion, alot less dangerous than being doped up on heroin.

I respect those guys for not letting their fans openly know about their drug habits as it might affect little kids who think "Shit they're cool, they do coke, I'll do it too and be cool - UNLIKE bands like The Allman Bros., Grateful Dead, and Motley Crue - all fo whom practically brag about their use of illegal drugs.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

Josephina
    Last Online

05.25.17 @ 07:28 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by madden:
    Sounds like VH were quite the looser druggies. I for one respect these guys for the great music they have made. But, if they wanna snort coke and smoke pot then they might as well put a fucking gun to their heads and pull the fucking trigger! I sure as hell hope Van Halen Have grown up and stopped doing the drugs. They are not little fucking kids any more and don't need to be doing that shit. What kind of example does that set for their own kids? Not a very fucking good one.Peace out, NOT Peace pipe.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Smoking pot isn't putting a gun to your head in any sense of the word. Heroin, yeah. Coke, yeah. But pot? Come on. I'm sure they've stopped all that shit anyways. They always seemed more "into" the booze anyways. And who the fuck is thinking about setting a good example for your kids when you're like 23 and unmarried? I do shit like that now, but you know what? It's ok. I know my parents have done it. (They're not incredibly open about it, but they know I know). And it's gonna be the same with my kids. They'll know, but I'll straight up tell 'em. It's not a big secret. You act that way, and that's why kids end up fucked up.

------------------
    "The thing that inspires me the most is my bottle of Jack Daniels. It's my best friend in the world. Ol' Jack will never let you down. He's always there when you need him" - Nikki Sixx, Hit Parader magazine 1986