Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Can\'t pick just one
    Last Online

08.20.08 @ 02:53 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The vast majority of us seem to think that VH will either quietly call it quits, or maybe, eventually reconvene for one last hoorah.
    My feeling is since VH and Warner Bros. have parted ways, and Warner Bros. owns the rights to their material, certainly there's a stockpile of unreleased studio and live material just sitting in a vault some where. Warner Bros. could legally officially release some of these items to the buying public.
    The thing is, however, that the music business is NOT about music, it's about revenue. And if Warner Bros. knew the kind of market that is out there for this kind of stuff, I think they'd be willing to blow the dust off these items, remaster them, package them and sell them. The only way they'll know is if we tell them. If we could initiate a petition to Warner Bros. for the release of this material, maybe, just maybe, they'll put down their trend matrixes and projection reports long enough to listen to the consumer. "...There's a little Van Halen in everybody..."
    Jim Bailes

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Dirtymovie:
    The vast majority of us seem to think that VH will either quietly call it quits, or maybe, eventually reconvene for one last hoorah.
    My feeling is since VH and Warner Bros. have parted ways, and Warner Bros. owns the rights to their material, certainly there's a stockpile of unreleased studio and live material just sitting in a vault some where. Warner Bros. could legally officially release some of these items to the buying public.
    The thing is, however, that the music business is NOT about music, it's about revenue. And if Warner Bros. knew the kind of market that is out there for this kind of stuff, I think they'd be willing to blow the dust off these items, remaster them, package them and sell them. The only way they'll know is if we tell them. If we could initiate a petition to Warner Bros. for the release of this material, maybe, just maybe, they'll put down their trend matrixes and projection reports long enough to listen to the consumer. </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />
    "...There's a little Van Halen in everybody..."</font>[/QUOTE]are you that stupid? They'll file it right with the "we want Dave back" petition from the DLRarmy! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Webmaster/Graphic Artist Top Timmy's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

10.28.16 @ 08:45 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Easy there Sherm Isn't Here...interesting name BTW. No need to go insulting someone elses ideas bro. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Webmaster/Graphic Artist
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Top Timmy:
    Easy there Sherm Isn't Here...interesting name BTW. No need to go insulting someone elses ideas bro. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    First and foremost. I'm not your Bro.
    Second. I'm sorry for insulting the original poster. I didn't mean it as much of an insult as I did a statement about WB.

Sorry if it sounded wrong. After re-reading it I guess I should have worded it differently. [img]graemlins/scared.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

The Classic 6 Pack
    Favorite VH Song

Take Your Whiskey Home
    Last Online

11.04.17 @ 06:01 AM
    Liked 185 Times in 65 Posts

From what I've read since the VH WB split and without having any 1st hand knowledge ofthe terms... it had been stated that VH had retained the right of review/approval for any subsequent releases from WB.

There was a post yeasterday from a radio program director that speculated that VH may have retained full rights of their catalog.

It's not clear to me that any unreleased material is being held by WB or gathering dust in Ed's vault somewhere...

There's no doubt a market for the stuff and probably has been for the last 20 years. I would guess that VH must retain a say in what gets out and what doesn't which is why we've not heard any unreleased studio material from any era...
    Woke up this mornin, got Blue Moon in your eyes...
    http://www.myretrolounge.com

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

A Different Kind of Truth
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

01.13.16 @ 05:43 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Zahzoo:

It's not clear to me that any unreleased material is being held by WB or gathering dust in Ed's vault somewhere...

There's no doubt a market for the stuff and probably has been for the last 20 years. I would guess that VH must retain a say in what gets out and what doesn't which is why we've not heard any unreleased studio material from any era...
    I would like to think that Ed has miles of tape of really cool stuff up there at 5150, stuff that we would salivate over. I'm sure he does, but I bet it's not like 'lost albums' or anything. Doesn't it seem like on almost all the "unreleased" songs, the good riffs and fills and lyrics found their way on to official releases eventually?
    Staying Frosty

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

"Dirty Movies"
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Don't hold your breath waiting for anything to be released...
    "Sorry about the mess..."<br /><br />~Han Solo Episode IV