Thread: MAX MARTIN

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

01.20.18 @ 08:40 AM
    Liked 12,080 Times in 6,706 Posts

Premium Member

Default MAX MARTIN

A Swedish guy you've probably never heard of has written 22 of the greatest pop hits in history

Kim Renfro, INSIDER
    Apr. 19, 2017, 10:11 AM

http://www.businessinsider.com/max-m...-timberlake-22

Martin Sandberg (born 26 February 1971),[1] known professionally as Max Martin, is a Swedish songwriter, record producer and singer. He rose to prominence in the second half of the 1990s after making a string of major hits for artists such as the Backstreet Boys, Britney Spears and NSYNC. Some of his earlier hits include "...Baby One More Time" (1998), "I Want It That Way" (1999) and "It's My Life" (2000).

Martin has written or co-written 22 Billboard Hot 100 number-one hits, most of which he has also produced or co-produced, including Katy Perry's "I Kissed a Girl" (2008), Maroon 5's "One More Night" (2012), Taylor Swift's "Blank Space" (2014), and The Weeknd's "Can't Feel My Face" (2015). Martin is the songwriter with the third-most number one singles on the chart, behind only Paul McCartney and John Lennon. In addition, he has had the second most Hot 100 number-one singles as a producer , behind George Martin, who had achieved 23 by the time of his death.
    In early 2013, his single sales were tallied by The Hollywood Reporter to be at over 135 million.

Martin has won the ASCAP Songwriter-of-the-Year award a record ten times.

Max Martin has been brought into the limelight more and more over the past few years, but for a period of time, he was a mysterious force behind the world's biggest pop music hits. Martin, whose real name is Karl Martin Sandberg, has been writing and producing songs since the '90s, but music fans have only recently begun recognizing his name as a standard part of the pop zeitgeist.

Some of his biggest hits almost wound up in the hands of other stars (did you know TLC was offered "...Baby One More Time" before Britney Spears?) but no matter which pop artist winds up taking on the track, Martin's work has a huge success rate.

Keep reading for a look at the biggest pop songs written, cowritten, and produced by Max Martin.

Or watch this video.
    This guy is worth $250 million. It is unbelievable how many people would not have a career were it not for this guy.

"He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

01.20.18 @ 09:08 AM
    Liked 6,886 Times in 3,825 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    A Swedish guy you've probably never heard of has written 22 of the greatest pop hits in history

Kim Renfro, INSIDER
    Apr. 19, 2017, 10:11 AM

http://www.businessinsider.com/max-m...-timberlake-22

Martin Sandberg (born 26 February 1971),[1] known professionally as Max Martin, is a Swedish songwriter, record producer and singer. He rose to prominence in the second half of the 1990s after making a string of major hits for artists such as the Backstreet Boys, Britney Spears and NSYNC. Some of his earlier hits include "...Baby One More Time" (1998), "I Want It That Way" (1999) and "It's My Life" (2000).

Martin has written or co-written 22 Billboard Hot 100 number-one hits, most of which he has also produced or co-produced, including Katy Perry's "I Kissed a Girl" (2008), Maroon 5's "One More Night" (2012), Taylor Swift's "Blank Space" (2014), and The Weeknd's "Can't Feel My Face" (2015). Martin is the songwriter with the third-most number one singles on the chart, behind only Paul McCartney and John Lennon. In addition, he has had the second most Hot 100 number-one singles as a producer , behind George Martin, who had achieved 23 by the time of his death.
    In early 2013, his single sales were tallied by The Hollywood Reporter to be at over 135 million.

Martin has won the ASCAP Songwriter-of-the-Year award a record ten times.

Max Martin has been brought into the limelight more and more over the past few years, but for a period of time, he was a mysterious force behind the world's biggest pop music hits. Martin, whose real name is Karl Martin Sandberg, has been writing and producing songs since the '90s, but music fans have only recently begun recognizing his name as a standard part of the pop zeitgeist.

Some of his biggest hits almost wound up in the hands of other stars (did you know TLC was offered "...Baby One More Time" before Britney Spears?) but no matter which pop artist winds up taking on the track, Martin's work has a huge success rate.

Keep reading for a look at the biggest pop songs written, cowritten, and produced by Max Martin.

Or watch this video.
    This guy is worth $250 million. It is unbelievable how many people would not have a career were it not for this guy.

Every era has their hit songwriter no one really knows

Sent from blah blah using Tapatalk

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

01.20.18 @ 09:08 AM
    Liked 6,886 Times in 3,825 Posts

Martin is the songwriter with the third-most number one singles on the chart, behind only Paul McCartney (32) and John Lennon (26).[3] In addition, he has had the second most Hot 100 number-one singles as a producer (20), behind George Martin, who had achieved 23 by the time of his death

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

01.20.18 @ 06:39 AM
    Liked 18,721 Times in 9,241 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    Every era has their hit songwriter no one really knows

Sent from blah blah using Tapatalk
    Watched/listened to that video. In general, it seems like he helps an unknown act get famous and then moves on.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

01.20.18 @ 04:00 AM
    Liked 4,947 Times in 2,529 Posts

Premium Member

I don't know what it is but those Swedes know how to write a hook

Favorite VH Album

Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the One
    Last Online

01.19.18 @ 11:07 PM
    Liked 106 Times in 71 Posts

none of his songs have been turned into my brand of beer. Mostly electronic music.

Last Online

01.19.18 @ 08:21 PM
    Liked 2,398 Times in 1,224 Posts

I heard last year MAX M was the single highest paid individual in the entire music industry in 2016.

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

01.20.18 @ 06:39 AM
    Liked 18,721 Times in 9,241 Posts

Premium Member

Writing credits is where the big money is in pop music.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

01.19.18 @ 08:02 PM
    Liked 1,388 Times in 953 Posts

I was thinking about something and maybe this is the best thread for it, but anyway - a lot of our favourite bands are winding down. Angus doesn’t have much of a band left. Tom Petty, if he was still with us, seemed to be ready to take it down to a low idle. McCartney, the Stones, Townshend - all not getting any younger. I wonder if there would be any call to align themselves with a newer band and become their principle songwriters (and rock bands, being what they are, would they accept it?). Kind of how a lot of Meatloaf’s stuff was written by Jim Steinman. The rock ‘n rollers are really the first group writing and performing their own stuff, and i’m sure for many they are not sure how to stop. So writing could be it. Write the songs at their leisure, and give it to some band and let them do the studio time and life on the road and all that. Gotta beat being some 75-80 year old shadow of your former self up on stage barely able to move or sing anymore playing the same oldies night after night.