Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Eruption,HFT,Mean Street,Humans Being
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Mike has said several things in the past that did not pan out; most notably that Van Halen would be back this fall (as stated by him in a interview to KRXO here in OKC before the second leg of the Sam and Dave tour this summer.) Well, it's fall and no VH and I expect nothing at all at least for the rest of the year. My question is... What's worse, Ed's silent treatment or Mike's speculative bullshit that raises our hopes but always turns out to be bogus?

[ December 04, 2002, 03:57 PM: Message edited by: thinlineokc ]

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

04.28.16 @ 08:41 PM
    Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts

Dude, things come up. Van Halen was probably planning on having something out but there are a few roadblocks. Alas No singer, no record label plus Ed's receny marriage problems. Mikey at this point is the only insight to Van Halen. What makes you think he's not speaking for the Eddie and Alex? Van Halen's policy of not responding to or denying rumors is basically the problem. Van Halen has a website that hasn't been updated since what? May? News wise. We don't know if what Mikey is saying is lies or not. because Van Halen refuses to confirm or deny anything.

Top Of The World
    Last Online

11.15.09 @ 04:17 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Which half of what Mikey has said is "truth"?

Eruption
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

"Half"-truths are worse than the silent treatment. F. Mike.

Favorite VH Album

All 7 of them!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

11.30.16 @ 02:56 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I'm sick of Mike's BS.

He's starting to sound a lot like Sammy.

Pretty soon, he's gonna be saying that they sold a billion more albums with Hagar than they did with Dave.
    EUAS

www.rotharmy.com

*VV*
    ole No.1
    The finest.

"The Showstoppa!!"

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

05.17.09 @ 06:50 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

You know I think that Mikey is in a tough position, he is really the only one speaking up for the band in any way. It could be that these things were really in the works and fell through for some reason and I don't think the guy is getting a fair break. I appreciate the fact that he is coming forward period, he stays in touch with the fans and still has the drive to get something going. This is much more than we can say for anyone else in the camp.

Massachusetts by way of the Great State of New Jersey
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Changes with the day
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 02:44 PM
    Liked 536 Times in 320 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

As far as this past year, Mikey hasn't said that VH would be doing anything. If my recollection is correct, he said he HOPED they'd do something with VH. In fact, the ONLY past Mikey statement that so far we can't prove or disprove has been what he said to Rol way back when, and that was under dispute. Otherwise, he's been right on, as it was established that Dave WAS back when he said it. You can't blame Mike for something that fell apart AFTER he said it.

You know what? Anyone bitching about Mike AND about Ed is a dick. You bitch and whine about them saying nothing. Then Mike let's the cat out of the bag, says what's going on, then HE'S a dick because it falls apart between Ed and Dave. What exactly is your mental deficiency? Are you just that miserable of human beings that you'll cry and whine when you don't get what you want? Jesus. Sickening. And this is not directed at anyone in particular. It's directed at anyone who's whined about Mike, and whined about no news. Grow the fuck up.

All right, I'm off the soapbox. Got a little fired up there. I just hate hypocracy, and complaining about Mike AND Ed is total hypocracy.

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Eruption,HFT,Mean Street,Humans Being
    Last Online

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Incredible Edible Dude
    Member # 2888 posted December 05, 2002 09:47 AM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    As far as this past year, Mikey hasn't said that VH would be doing anything. If my recollection is correct, he said he HOPED they'd do something with VH. In fact, the ONLY past Mikey statement that so far we can't prove or disprove has been what he said to Rol way back when, and that was under dispute. Otherwise, he's been right on, as it was established that Dave WAS back when he said it. You can't blame Mike for something that fell apart AFTER he said it.

You know what? Anyone bitching about Mike AND about Ed is a dick. You bitch and whine about them saying nothing. Then Mike let's the cat out of the bag, says what's going on, then HE'S a dick because it falls apart between Ed and Dave. What exactly is your mental deficiency? Are you just that miserable of human beings that you'll cry and whine when you don't get what you want? Jesus. Sickening. And this is not directed at anyone in particular. It's directed at anyone who's whined about Mike, and whined about no news. Grow the fuck up.

All right, I'm off the soapbox. Got a little fired up there. I just hate hypocracy, and complaining about Mike AND Ed is total hypocracy.
    I never called either one a 'Dick". You are the only one engaging in name calling Edible. Who needs to grow the fuck up here?

I heard it with my own two ears that VH would be back in the fall of this year from Michael Anthony himself. He didn't say they hoped. Anyway, the whole purpose of this thread was to contrast the total lack of communication from Ed with the abundance of Mikes communique that NEVER pan out. It equally sucks IMHO. If that makes me a Hypocritical, mentally deficient, miserable Dick then, so be it. I thought I was simply a Van Halen fan.
    If Mike doesn't see that we need to hear things that are concrete definite and verifiable then he is just as at fault as silent Ed.
    If Ed would have left off the "you will be hearing from us very soon" statement back in May it would be all good. Mike just needs to get his facts straight before opening his mouth.

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

You all know what's worse than anything the band has, or may pull in the future?

The endless bickering of thier fickle fanbase.

I am a dyed in the wool VH fan. I wonder how everyone here would react if the band came out and lashed out at the fans with the same intensity that the fans have lashed out at the band.
    Patiently waiting for the magic to return.....

Favorite VH Album

all
    Favorite VH Song

strung out....
    Last Online

02.28.14 @ 07:54 PM
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

yeah....you whiny little bastards..... [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Top Of The World
    Last Online

11.15.09 @ 04:17 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Preach on Brotha' Axe. Van Halen has got the best PR in the business! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Last Online

01.02.15 @ 09:39 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I don't think Mike comes up with this stuff on his own. I think he speaks exactly what he hears from Al and Ed. My guess is that Alex or Eddie tell him the same thing we hear on the website once every year or so, "Gonna be rockin soon, maaan". By going to the media with this maybe he thinks it will get the Bros out of the cave they have been holed up in since 199whatever. Obviously it is not working.
    Going out on a limb here, I think Ed and Al in their desire to 'control' everything after the bad deals they have made have put themselves into a state of paralysis. They can't do it all themselves.
    It takes producers, managers, promoters, lawyers, negotiators, etc to 'come back', get a label deal, plan a tour, promote it on media outlets like MTV, VH1 whoever they would be associated with nowdays. Until we read that they have signed a manager, we will hear nothing from Van Halen as we know or knew it, regardless of what Mike or anybody says.

Favorite VH Album

The Classic 6 Pack
    Favorite VH Song

Take Your Whiskey Home
    Last Online

11.04.17 @ 06:01 AM
    Liked 185 Times in 65 Posts

Bunch of miserable pricks and whinny bastards!!! I have to say a good portion of the VH fanbase is in dire need of a blowjob!!! [img]graemlins/scared.gif[/img]

Did I just say that...? Hmmmmm guess it's no longer just me hearing the voices in my head... [img]graemlins/wtf.gif[/img]

Seriously the rock world is not a literal every word is cast in stone type of deal... these are artists and a fickled bunch... relax... knock down the take it sooooooo seriously knob several notches!!! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    Woke up this mornin, got Blue Moon in your eyes...
    http://www.myretrolounge.com

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:24 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Zahzoo:
    I have to say a good portion of the VH fanbase is in dire need of a blowjob!!!
    Hey, I am always in need! You are technically correct here because "A good portion" of the posters here are men.

[ December 05, 2002, 04:07 PM: Message edited by: Executionor ]
    "Knowing is not enough, we must apply,willing is not enough, we must do" -Goethe

Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open.--Sir James Dewar, Scientist (1877-1925)

Always drink upstream from the herd...
    --Will Rogers

It is amazing how much some people can do with so little, however, what is even more amazing to me is how little some people can do with so much.
    --Somewhat me, mostly someone else, not sure who

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

10.06.17 @ 03:01 PM
    Liked 34 Times in 10 Posts

I think it would be unfair to say Mike tells half truths, When asked a question and you try to be honest sometimes in hindsight it may look that way I guess. When you talk to the press and you try and speak from your heart and then hear people slam you for it. That also kind of sucks, Maybe people would prefer No news is good news, Nope, Brad was crucified for that one. How would you respond if you were Mike or Sam or ED or Al?