Last Online

09.13.19 @ 08:30 AM
    Liked 457 Times in 345 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Number 47 View Post
    Swamp Thing reportedly shutting down production early

https://batman-news.com/2019/04/17/s...isoUH6pD68bPuc
    A rumor but wouldn't doubt it.
    That tends to happen from time to time,over budget formality.

Last Online

09.16.19 @ 03:41 PM
    Liked 10,712 Times in 5,888 Posts

Premium Member

Production on ‘Swamp Thing’ Abruptly Halted as Future of DC Universe Cast into Doubt

The DC Universe series have been chugging along with shows like Titans and Doom Patrol, but production upheaval on the set of Swamp Thing may mean some major changes for the streaming service. A local outlet in North Carolina [via The Playlist], where the show is filming, reports that production was suddenly halted after only 10 episodes. The plan is now to re-write the final episode to provide a satisfying conclusion instead of sticking to the original plan to carry the story across thirteen episodes.

As the streaming wars heat up, it’s becoming clear that not every streaming service is going to make it. Yes, DC Universe has a large backlog of animated series and select movies, but among its original titles, you really only had Titans and Doom Patrol, and while those shows had their fans, that’s not enough to keep plugging away at original content in the hopes of building a subscriber base that’s being asked to make some tough decisions about subscriptions. DC Universe had to make the case that it was worth $8/month or $75/year (depending on your subscription option), and it looks like it’s struggling to make the argument. If Swamp Thing can’t even make it to its first full season order, what does that mean for other shows in the pipeline?

It’s possible that this could just be isolated to Swamp Thing and that higher-ups are unhappy with what they’ve seen so far and they’re cutting their losses. Either way, it’s certainly a bummer for fans of Swamp Thing, since an abbreviated first season means a second season is highly unlikely unless the show becomes a surprise sensation.

If DC Universe does fade, it will be interesting to see what Warner Bros. does with it. Will they try to fold it into a subscription with the DC Comics subscription? Will the shows end up on WB’s upcoming streaming service? The studio certainly has options, and perhaps an isolated genre channel meant just for their superhero properties was a bit of overreach.

http://collider.com/swamp-thing-dc-u...oblems/#images

I've really been looking forward to this series, since Titans and Doom Patrol are so good. Not really worried just yet. Titans was cut back from 12 episodes to 11. 10 episodes of anything is not unusual in the streaming world.

I just wish DC could separate themselves from Warner Brothers some how. WB is a constant thorn in DC's side and almost always the cause of whatever product turns to shit.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Poundcake
    Last Online

09.13.19 @ 08:30 AM
    Liked 457 Times in 345 Posts

Premium Member

Production on ‘Swamp Thing’ Abruptly Halted as Future of DC Universe Cast into Doubt

The DC Universe series have been chugging along with shows like Titans and Doom Patrol, but production upheaval on the set of Swamp Thing may mean some major changes for the streaming service. A local outlet in North Carolina [via The Playlist], where the show is filming, reports that production was suddenly halted after only 10 episodes. The plan is now to re-write the final episode to provide a satisfying conclusion instead of sticking to the original plan to carry the story across thirteen episodes.

As the streaming wars heat up, it’s becoming clear that not every streaming service is going to make it. Yes, DC Universe has a large backlog of animated series and select movies, but among its original titles, you really only had Titans and Doom Patrol, and while those shows had their fans, that’s not enough to keep plugging away at original content in the hopes of building a subscriber base that’s being asked to make some tough decisions about subscriptions. DC Universe had to make the case that it was worth $8/month or $75/year (depending on your subscription option), and it looks like it’s struggling to make the argument. If Swamp Thing can’t even make it to its first full season order, what does that mean for other shows in the pipeline?

It’s possible that this could just be isolated to Swamp Thing and that higher-ups are unhappy with what they’ve seen so far and they’re cutting their losses. Either way, it’s certainly a bummer for fans of Swamp Thing, since an abbreviated first season means a second season is highly unlikely unless the show becomes a surprise sensation.

If DC Universe does fade, it will be interesting to see what Warner Bros. does with it. Will they try to fold it into a subscription with the DC Comics subscription? Will the shows end up on WB’s upcoming streaming service? The studio certainly has options, and perhaps an isolated genre channel meant just for their superhero properties was a bit of overreach.

http://collider.com/swamp-thing-dc-u...oblems/#images

I've really been looking forward to this series, since Titans and Doom Patrol are so good. Not really worried just yet. Titans was cut back from 12 episodes to 11. 10 episodes of anything is not unusual in the streaming world.

I just wish DC could separate themselves from Warner Brothers some how. WB is a constant thorn in DC's side and almost always the cause of whatever product turns to shit.
    They can always put them on HBO,if they fold the DCU.

Super Duper Frontman YankeeRose's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

09.16.19 @ 06:56 AM
    Liked 348 Times in 205 Posts

Right Now you're reading my post!

I can't stand rap....people who can't sing do rap....you can sing rebellion as well as talk it....Hitler would have been in a rap band...

-- John Entwistle

2006 VHL Fantasy Hockey Champ!

7. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

09.16.19 @ 05:38 PM
    Liked 18,007 Times in 10,230 Posts

Premium Member

Some funny shit here.

"He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

9. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Last Online

Premium Member

‘Swamp Thing’ Canceled After One Season at DC Universe
    https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/swa...ed-1203234773/

DC Universe Has Already Canceled SWAMP THING
    https://birthmoviesdeath.com/2019/06...Nlz5wiVfOCdqAg

Netfix or Prime need to pick this up and make it a success. DC Universe is a fucking island in the middle of nowhere.

Favorite VH Album

FUCK or 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Mine All Mine, 5150
    Last Online

09.16.19 @ 10:51 AM
    Liked 2,300 Times in 1,369 Posts

Netfix or Prime need to pick this up and make it a success. DC Universe is a fucking island in the middle of nowhere.
    the DC app was totally worth it when I got it while it was on a promotional thing...I paid 70 bucks for a year, that's a great deal cause they have a lot of cool content. Just having the animated movies is cool, DC does a great job with those

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

09.16.19 @ 03:00 PM
    Liked 26,159 Times in 13,208 Posts

Premium Member

Hey 47, don't you like DC Universe streaming? Curious to get your take on it, good and bad.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

Last Online

Premium Member

Swamp Thing will complete the showing of all 10 episodes of season 1
    https://batman-news.com/2019/06/06/s...s-of-season-1/

There has been a lot of speculation as to what caused the cancelation, but it seems to have been a series of two events. The first being the series would not be receiving all of its expected tax credits from North Carolina, as well as the new AT&T ownership of WarnerMedia not liking the direction of the series.

Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    Hey 47, don't you like DC Universe streaming? Curious to get your take on it, good and bad.
    I like having it around.

The original series so far have been excellent and well made. Swamp thing being cancelled after only one episode aired is a real let down, but Doom Patrol and Titans are miles above the shit that airs on CW.

They've got all the animated films, but the live action films are a bit limited. Superman 1-4, Batman - Batman and Robin, but non of the Nolan or after films. When you think about it, there really are not a whole lot of DC live action films.

Most of the TV series are just cheesy bad and tough to sit through. Superboy from the 90's is pretty bad, Shazam from the 70's is what it is, but they DID remaster it, even Wonder Woman is just boring these days.

I got the 15 month introductory subscription for $79, and it re-ups in Dec. '19. I'm gonna need to think long and hard if 2 original series with the hope of more to come (Stargirl?) is worth another year.

Pretty sure they have a free 7 day trial period like every other streaming service out there. You can at least check out all the content they have with that. I run mine through the Roku.

I still trying to figure out the comic book thing on my Kindle, but if you don't mind reading on a PC or laptop there are over 20,000 titles to read, with the entire DC back library supposedly coming soon. I'm not seeing any apps that will make it work on the Kindle, so that really sucks.

Hold on... I just got an idea on how you can see most of the content and be honestly critical of what some of us are paying for.

Last Online

Premium Member

here ya go.

There's other stuff like shorts and a few failed pilot episodes, but... I already know your answer.

Last Online

Premium Member

March 2019

WarnerMedia announces restructuring in wake of AT&T takeover

New York (CNN Business)Former NBC Entertainment chairman Bob Greenblatt is joining WarnerMedia as the chairman of entertainment and direct-to-consumer, a new role that comes amid a broader restructuring of the AT&T-owned media company.

Greenblatt's portfolio will include HBO and much of Turner, two divisions that were previously run separately.

John Stankey, WarnerMedia's CEO, said in a Monday morning memo that the consolidation "will provide us with the agility and flexibility needed to build our brands across a variety of evolving distribution models with a more coordinated approach to our original programming."

The announcement came a few days after the CEO of HBO, Richard Plepler, and the president of Turner, David Levy, said they would be stepping down in the coming weeks.

Greenblatt's WarnerMedia Entertainment division will include HBO, TNT, TBS, truTV, and the company's forthcoming streaming service.

CNN, another unit of Turner, is untouched in the reorganization. CNN Worldwide president Jeff Zucker will add oversight of Turner Sports, Bleacher Report, and AT&T's (T) regional sports networks, putting him in charge of the company's live programming. His new division will be known as WarnerMedia News & Sports.

The remaining parts of Turner, like the Cartoon Network and Turner Classic Movies, will be folded into the Warner Bros. studio division. The studio's chief, Kevin Tsujihara, will remain in charge there.

Stankey's memo outlined a new "Global Kids & Young Adults business" within Warner Bros. He said the plan is to "create a robust and unique on-demand, licensing and consumer product business for kids and families." ***

The restructuring followed an appeals court's ruling that affirmed AT&T's takeover of WarnerMedia, previously known as Time Warner. The Justice Department had been suing to block the deal, but the legal clouds fully parted last week, freeing up AT&T to make more changes.

AT&T executives want to reorient WarnerMedia around a streaming mission in the same way that Disney and other media companies are trying to challenge Netflix. ***

Disney's (DIS) deal to buy most of 21st Century Fox (FOXA) is expected to take effect later this month.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/04/media...att/index.html

*** This is the kind of bullshit that probably spells certain doom for DC Universe.

Last Online

Premium Member

Patty Jenkins

Verified account @ PattyJenks

By now you’ve heard: WB isn’t going to Hall H this year. We’re so sad to miss you there! And waiting until Dec. to start our official #WW84 campaign in full-- But the truth is… we can just… barely… wait…

Something for the regular shiters to shit on.