Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Romeo Delight
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 04:46 AM
    Liked 27 Times in 18 Posts

Cool Brown Sound Fractal AX8 - I'm the One

Hey Guys!

I've been using the Fractal AX8 for a few weeks now and was pretty blown away by the Brown Sound Presets That are going around the net, So I recorded this vid:

on a side note, i've been listening to this song for some 20 years now and it still blows me away how naturally ed plays it. the isolated guitar track is magic.

Have a great day everyone!

2. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

VH, 1984, 5150, F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

A few of Daves, a few of Sams!
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 12:11 PM
    Liked 6,969 Times in 5,005 Posts

Premium Member

I thought that sounded great, Ricky! Very nice job.
    Those Fractal rigs sound really good, eh? There were a lot of views but not a lot of comments or 'likes', but that happens a lot in the Guitar Room threads...

Which model of EB was that? Looked almost like a Silhouette with a Floyd? Anyway, I noticed you did the high run in I'm the One (16/17/19) with your index/middle/ring fingers, like another guy I love - Al Estrada.

I always did the index/middle/pinkie thing, but man it gets cramped up there sometimes! Hope to see you around more, pal!
    "There's too many people on this basketball that's floating around the sun, who are too afraid to allow themselves to FEEL" - Edward Van Halen
    "Van Halen was never about the singer..." - a very wise fan.
    "Embrace the past. Live in the moment but keep your eyes on the future, and keep on moving forward..." - Richie Sambora

4. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 10:17 AM
    Liked 1,472 Times in 899 Posts

Way to rock the song!!
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

6. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by RRvh1 View Post
    I thought that sounded great, Ricky! Very nice job.
    Those Fractal rigs sound really good, eh? There were a lot of views but not a lot of comments or 'likes', but that happens a lot in the Guitar Room threads...

Which model of EB was that? Looked almost like a Silhouette with a Floyd? Anyway, I noticed you did the high run in I'm the One (16/17/19) with your index/middle/ring fingers, like another guy I love - Al Estrada.

I always did the index/middle/pinkie thing, but man it gets cramped up there sometimes! Hope to see you around more, pal!
    Thanks so much for the Reply! I appreciate the comments I used to post here a longggg time ago (maybe 2003??) So it's nice to be back,

It's a funny guitar.. It's a Sillhouette yes! I bought it in the 90's, my first real guitar in fact, I think it's an early 90's model. I haven't seen too many around with a floyd rose, they generally have their own version of the standard trem, I remember at the time all I wanted was a super strat but this was a bit cheaper and I jumped on it.

haha! good eye! I did use my 3rd finger on that, Usually i'd try and use my pinky as well, but the short scale of the MM makes it a killer to fit my big hands in that area of the neck!

Thanks again for replying! Hope to check out everyone elses playing around the site!

Rick

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 12:03 PM
    Liked 795 Times in 431 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by RickyW View Post
    Hey Guys!

I've been using the Fractal AX8 for a few weeks now and was pretty blown away by the Brown Sound Presets That are going around the net, So I recorded this vid:

on a side note, i've been listening to this song for some 20 years now and it still blows me away how naturally ed plays it. the isolated guitar track is magic.

Have a great day everyone!
    Solid playing, dude! When I try to play that song, it sounds like someone spilled marbles on my fretboard...

Tone is great. Maybe add some delay/tape echo?

TK

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by pickslide View Post
    Solid playing, dude! When I try to play that song, it sounds like someone spilled marbles on my fretboard...

Tone is great. Maybe add some delay/tape echo?

TK
    Great Advice! Thanks Pickslide!, I thought it sounded a little dry, does need a bit of classic eddie delay on there

Thanks!

10. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

VH, 1984, 5150, F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

A few of Daves, a few of Sams!
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 12:11 PM
    Liked 6,969 Times in 5,005 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by RickyW View Post
    Thanks so much for the Reply! I appreciate the comments I used to post here a longggg time ago (maybe 2003??) So it's nice to be back,

It's a funny guitar.. It's a Sillhouette yes! I bought it in the 90's, my first real guitar in fact, I think it's an early 90's model. I haven't seen too many around with a floyd rose, they generally have their own version of the standard trem, I remember at the time all I wanted was a super strat but this was a bit cheaper and I jumped on it.

haha! good eye! I did use my 3rd finger on that, Usually i'd try and use my pinky as well, but the short scale of the MM makes it a killer to fit my big hands in that area of the neck!

Thanks again for replying! Hope to check out everyone elses playing around the site!

Rick
    That's very cool, because I've never seen a Silhouette with a Floyd before. Awesome.
    I really think that's neat, and I love the idea of a bridge humbucker with two single coils. I've mentioned it on here before...

Honestly..., I was looking at the SUB series and wondering how much effort/$$ it would take to swap out the standard trem and install a locking nut. Cheers
    "There's too many people on this basketball that's floating around the sun, who are too afraid to allow themselves to FEEL" - Edward Van Halen
    "Van Halen was never about the singer..." - a very wise fan.
    "Embrace the past. Live in the moment but keep your eyes on the future, and keep on moving forward..." - Richie Sambora