Page 2 of 91 FirstFirst 123451252 ... LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 11:56 AM
    Liked 1,384 Times in 759 Posts

Everyone is always so sensitive in the VH saga, and they all have huge egos. Sam was dreaming of becoming friends and touring with them - pretty naive of him to think that way, it was more wishful thinking than anything else. I think most ppl on this site thought there was only one way they would reunite with Sam: after receiving a massive financial offer from some promoter.

For the Mike part, it's pretty clear that during the last 15 years, they've been on full-on dickhead mode when dealing with him. It's like they make a point of not being nice to him even for a minute, even by accident.
    Little Dreamer

2. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

I'm the One
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 06:56 AM
    Liked 1,943 Times in 913 Posts

Premium Member

There's no way in hell Ed or Al will give Dave any (real) shit for doing that. No way. If anything behind his back they'll roll their eyes but they don't give a rat's ass and won't discuss it.

But on that note, what I found super annoying was Sammy backhanded complimenting that "even Dave" said he was sorry about baby Rex. Even Dave! He also ignored the donation, until Trunk (rightfully) brings it up, but then Sam quickly dismisses it and instead takes another shot, saying even an unfriendly guy like him knew to reach out. Yeah, reach out with a friggin' $10K donation. Hagar Family Foundation? Gave $1,000. (and we all know by now who is worth twice as much as the other)

NOTE: I am not belittling Sam's donation or saying Dave did more -- I have no idea what two friends do in private, etc. And I know Dave has given enough shots the other way. I am merely commenting on Sam's comments here -- he claims to be the adult of the two and it's completely unwarranted to take shots regarding that Walk and what Dave did with Mike.

4. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 08:17 AM
    Liked 2,383 Times in 1,487 Posts

Premium Member

Its been over since the Balance tour ended Sammy. Money grabs and a ok album with Dave. Sam I love you but you got to let it go. Its a family business and you aint family.
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

6. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:

Eruption
    Favorite VH Song

Secrets
    Last Online

11.01.17 @ 03:25 PM
    Liked 607 Times in 299 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CaboChris View Post
    Until the next interview.
    EXACTLY!

The thing is Hagar seems more pissed about the Bros not wishing him a happy birthday then he does about them not reaching out to Mike about losing his grandson. Had Hagar just been bitching about them for not sending condolences to Mike and not even making it about his no existent birthday wish I'd be like OK. But his bitching is all about him not getting a birthday wish from the Bros. Mike's tragedy is a side note.

And for the Hagar fans who always say well Hagar doesn't always talk VH the interviewers bring it up. For starters it's easy to say before an interview "I don't wanna talk about VH" and if they ask anyway it's just as easy to say "ah I don't wanna talk about VH, let's move on to something else."
    A new short film I made, please like/follow:
    http://facebook.com/umbrellashortfilm

8. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/Best of Both Worlds
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 12:12 PM
    Liked 7,837 Times in 4,573 Posts

Premium Member

I got to tip my hat to the brothers. They know Sam and they know what gets him going. They got his number.

They have been so disciplined since 2004 in not giving him ANY respect or glimmer of hope. They know, that Sam knows...VH was his crowning achievement.

Sam LOVES to talk. They don't and when you love to talk...you hang yourself with your words...I know, I got first-hand experience lol.

Unfortunately, Mike is collateral damage.

10. The Following 5 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hide Your Sheep View Post
    And for the Hagar fans who always say well Hagar doesn't always talk VH the interviewers bring it up. For starters it's easy to say before an interview "I don't wanna talk about VH" and if they ask anyway it's just as easy to say "ah I don't wanna talk about VH, let's move on to something else."
    Yes. That is the way Sam should proceed in future interviews imo.

Isn't acceptance one of the stages of grief?

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

I'm the One
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 06:56 AM
    Liked 1,943 Times in 913 Posts

Premium Member

EXACTLY!

The thing is Hagar seems more pissed about the Bros not wishing him a happy birthday then he does about them not reaching out to Mike about losing his grandson. Had Hagar just been bitching about them for not sending condolences to Mike and not even making it about his no existent birthday wish I'd be like OK. But his bitching is all about him not getting a birthday wish from the Bros. Mike's tragedy is a side note.

Or, just answer: "No, they didn't text me on my birthday but I frankly didn't expect it at this point." and then stop talking.

Last Online

12.12.17 @ 10:42 AM
    Liked 1,940 Times in 785 Posts

Premium Member

EXACTLY!

I think Sam is more pissed that the VH brothers basically wiped the Hagar era off the map over the past 10+ years. All of those chart topping albums and songs have been completely ignored during Van Halen's 3 tours since '07.

The only mention of the Hagar era was an off-handed remark from Eddie that those songs were "off to college."

Not to mention that the 6-pack was remastered a 2nd time, while the 4 Hagar-era albums collect dust.

Sent from my VS425 using Tapatalk

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Poundcake
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 10:46 AM
    Liked 305 Times in 225 Posts

EXACTLY!

He was just bringing up the fact that with all the deaths in the music world and their lives,you would think the brothers would at least acknowledge one of the current events.

As for interviews I think he should just continue with what he's doing.
    People need and should always speak their minds,if it ruffles some feathers than so be it.(LOL)

15. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Balance, 1984, VH I
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being, I'll Wait
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:55 AM
    Liked 56 Times in 18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vcooper3 View Post
    I think Sam is more pissed that the VH brothers basically wiped the Hagar era off the map over the past 10+ years. All of those chart topping albums and songs have been completely ignored during Van Halen's 3 tours since '07.

The only mention of the Hagar era was an off-handed remark from Eddie that those songs were "off to college."

Not to mention that the 6-pack was remastered a 2nd time, while the 4 Hagar-era albums collect dust.

Sent from my VS425 using Tapatalk
    We're heading into 2018 now, so we've probably gotta assume that the Sam catalog has it's either changed it's major a few times or went a little heavy on the bong hits. Let's just hope it doesn't do any graduate work.
    "And now for the benediction..."
    - DLR (Blossom 5/29/02)

"It's a great day for Hockey."
    - "Badger" Bob Johnson

17. The Following 4 Members Like This Post:

Last Online

12.12.17 @ 12:04 PM
    Liked 1,596 Times in 982 Posts

Donor

I have heard the focus on CF next year has hit some issues of late, too.

I imagine Sammy wants to go out big before retirement, whether it's with Eddie or Joe. I don't think he wants to close with the Circle.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by WhoHalen View Post
    We're heading into 2018 now, so we've probably gotta assume that the Sam catalog has it's either changed it's major a few times or went a little heavy on the bong hits. Let's just hope it doesn't do any graduate work.
    It dropped out and is taking time off to "find itself".

20. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Outta Space
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 04:46 PM
    Liked 559 Times in 303 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    I have to wonder if Dave is in the doghouse b/c of this contribution. I'll give Dave a fuck tonne of respect for that move. Classy.
    Probably. Those are some grudge-holding mofos. Ed still has one against Mike for not calling when his mother died. To the point where I believe it was mentioned in the infamous interview in 2015 where he said he showed Mike how to play "every note he ever played".
    I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em. -
    Jimmy V

22. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Top Of The World
    Last Online

12.03.17 @ 04:49 PM
    Liked 79 Times in 38 Posts

Good God Sammy is such a fucking pussy. Good singer but fucking trash songwriter and musician. Drop dead Sammy you suck and you sound like a fucking moron. I love when he self implodes like this. NO ONE CARES ABOUT YOU!!!

Last Online

12.12.17 @ 12:04 PM
    Liked 1,596 Times in 982 Posts

Donor

2004 internet is callin'.

25. The Following Member Likes This Post: