Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 91 12341151 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 1352
  1. #1
    Hot For Teacher
    Join Date
    04.16.10
    Age
    27
    Posts
    257
    Last Online

    12.14.18 @ 06:57 PM
    Likes
    13
    Liked 73 Times in 37 Posts

    Default Sammy on VH reunion: It's over

    http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/sam...-its-over-man/

    "To me, they made a real strong statement by not wishing me a happy birthday for my seventieth," Hagar continued. "Especially amongst the fact that so many people have died. I mean, a week before that Tom Petty died. Tom Petty's birthday was the next Thursday after mine, and he was still a young man, as far as I'm concerned.

    "With all them people dying, if somebody turns seventy, that's a monumental thing," Sammy said. "It's, like, you would think if they ever wanted to be friends, it would be so easy. And even if they didn't wanna be friends, it's just something that would be the right thing to do."

    According to Hagar, "the other clincher" that confirmed to him the Van Halen brothers weren't interested in a reunion was the fact that former VAN HALEN bassist Michael Anthony never heard from Eddie and Alex after he lost his two-week-old grandson to heart disease in April. "Even Dave [Lee Roth] sent 'I'm sorry' to Mike. And, you know, Dave's not the friendliest guy in the world [laughs], but at least he had the class to do that," Sammy said.

  2. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:


  3. #2
    Good Enough
    Join Date
    03.12.04
    Posts
    1,599
    Last Online

    12.03.18 @ 09:05 AM
    Likes
    12
    Liked 234 Times in 102 Posts

    Default

    It was never on to begin with. The brothers are clearly done with Sam and Mike. Wolfgang is in the band. If he no longer wants to do it then ed is content to do nothing. Letís just accept that and move on.


  4. #3
    Romeo Delight
    Join Date
    04.29.17
    Posts
    96
    Last Online

    12.13.18 @ 06:05 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 48 Times in 35 Posts

    Default

    I have a ton of respect for Sammy as a musician, as a businessman, and for work he has done for charity. I get that he may be disappointed that EVH and AVH may not respond the way that he wants, but dude get over it. You helped create the situation that makes it unlikely they would want to contact you. Move on and enjoy your life.

  5. The Following Member Likes This Post:


  6. #4
    Good Enough
    Join Date
    02.17.00
    Posts
    1,727
    Last Online

    12.06.18 @ 02:09 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 51 Times in 27 Posts

    Default

    Frankly, I'm not sure there's that much interest in a Hagar reunion anyway.....And I agree with what TravelingMan mentioned. Sam's a decent musician, great businessman, pretty good guy....

    But, continuing to shit on Ed and Al on stage and on occasion in the press certainly doesn't help your cause, Sam. Probably why they have no communication whatsoever with him. Even something as easy as a "Happy Birthday" shout out seems to be something they avoid. I think they just refrain from all manner of engagement whenever it comes to Hagar. It is what it is, I suppose.
    "People say Cream gave birth to Heavy Metal," says Baker. "If that's so, we should have had an abortion."

  7. #5
    Baluchitherium Jedi McFly's Avatar
    Join Date
    05.29.03
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,688
    Last Online

    12.15.18 @ 04:16 PM
    Likes
    3,472
    Liked 3,892 Times in 1,511 Posts


    Premium Member

    Donor

    Default

    I don't give a shit about Ed and Al not wishing Sam a happy birthday. They're not 12 year olds.

    I do think Ed and Al could've done *something* for Mike when he lost Rex. Especially with how lovey dovey Ed has talked about fatherhood in the past, you'd think he'd have some sympathy for his band mate of nearly 30 years losing a grandson.

    And yeah, as vhin04 said, a Hagar reunion was never on to begin with. And nobody but Hagar has thought otherwise.

  8. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:


  9. #6
    Baluchitherium
    Join Date
    10.01.99
    Age
    48
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,510
    Favorite VH Song

    Humans Being
    Last Online

    12.14.18 @ 08:47 AM
    Likes
    551
    Liked 886 Times in 487 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi McFly View Post
    I don't give a shit about Ed and Al not wishing Sam a happy birthday. They're not 12 year olds.

    I do think Ed and Al could've done *something* for Mike when he lost Rex. Especially with how lovey dovey Ed has talked about fatherhood in the past, you'd think he'd have some sympathy for his band mate of nearly 30 years losing a grandson.

    And yeah, as vhin04 said, a Hagar reunion was never on to begin with. And nobody but Hagar has thought otherwise.
    I have to wonder if Dave is in the doghouse b/c of this contribution. I'll give Dave a fuck tonne of respect for that move. Classy.
    Winners come and go; legends are forever.

  10. The Following 5 Members Like This Post:


  11. #7
    Baluchitherium
    Join Date
    10.01.99
    Age
    48
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,510
    Favorite VH Song

    Humans Being
    Last Online

    12.14.18 @ 08:47 AM
    Likes
    551
    Liked 886 Times in 487 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
    http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/sam...-its-over-man/

    "To me, they made a real strong statement by not wishing me a happy birthday for my seventieth," Hagar continued. "Especially amongst the fact that so many people have died. I mean, a week before that Tom Petty died. Tom Petty's birthday was the next Thursday after mine, and he was still a young man, as far as I'm concerned.

    "With all them people dying, if somebody turns seventy, that's a monumental thing," Sammy said. "It's, like, you would think if they ever wanted to be friends, it would be so easy. And even if they didn't wanna be friends, it's just something that would be the right thing to do."

    According to Hagar, "the other clincher" that confirmed to him the Van Halen brothers weren't interested in a reunion was the fact that former VAN HALEN bassist Michael Anthony never heard from Eddie and Alex after he lost his two-week-old grandson to heart disease in April. "Even Dave [Lee Roth] sent 'I'm sorry' to Mike. And, you know, Dave's not the friendliest guy in the world [laughs], but at least he had the class to do that," Sammy said.
    I get what Sam is saying - but this just seems like nonsense to me. Ed and Al have other priorities - picking lint out of their belly buttons, listening to Wolf not getting his CD done, etc. Sam isn't a priority.
    Winners come and go; legends are forever.

  12. The Following 4 Members Like This Post:


  13. #8
    Atomic Punk Eddymon's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.20.99
    Age
    49
    Location
    3800 foot level in the Sierra
    Posts
    15,196
    Favorite VH Album

    all of them
    Favorite VH Song

    If its Eddie, its Van Halen
    Last Online

    12.14.18 @ 01:16 PM
    Likes
    7
    Liked 617 Times in 280 Posts

    Default

    My ex wife didn't wish me a Happy Birthday either Sam, stop acting like a little bitch.
    'Old Van Halen, when I was in it-classic Van Halen-makes you wanna drink, dance and screw, right? And the new Van Halen encourages you to drink milk, drive a Nissan and have a relationship.' - David Lee Roth.


  14. #9
    Baluchitherium Jedi McFly's Avatar
    Join Date
    05.29.03
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,688
    Last Online

    12.15.18 @ 04:16 PM
    Likes
    3,472
    Liked 3,892 Times in 1,511 Posts


    Premium Member

    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    I have to wonder if Dave is in the doghouse b/c of this contribution. I'll give Dave a fuck tonne of respect for that move. Classy.
    If Ed and Al were offended by Dave making a donation to Michael's family on behalf of his deceased grandson to raise money for a children's hospital that does charitable work then I'd be 100% done with this band.

    Even without that context, I respect Dave for the donation. He hadn't talked to Mike in years, but was a decent human being and sympathized for an old friend.

  15. The Following 7 Members Like This Post:


  16. #10
    Banned!
    Join Date
    09.23.11
    Age
    46
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    22,777
    Last Online

    11.25.18 @ 07:41 PM
    Likes
    5,753
    Liked 11,178 Times in 6,762 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Sam's one of those guy's that has and gets everything he wants in life.

    This is the one thing he can't and it drives him batty.

    I've never heard a grown man cry about not getting a birthday wish from an ex, who he hasn't seen in over 13 years.


  17. #11
    Eruption NoBrownM&M's's Avatar
    Join Date
    05.31.06
    Posts
    1,006
    Favorite VH Album

    1984
    Favorite VH Song

    Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

    06.06.18 @ 08:50 AM
    Likes
    2
    Liked 531 Times in 246 Posts

    Default

    Seriously? "They didn't call me on my birthday". Sammy really needs to stop. His focusing on this is pretty pathetic. He's really become a joke.

    Let it go Sammy.


  18. #12
    Eruption
    Join Date
    12.26.13
    Age
    22
    Location
    East Virginia
    Posts
    1,360
    Favorite VH Album

    For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge
    Favorite VH Song

    Mine All Mine
    Last Online

    12.15.18 @ 07:03 PM
    Likes
    3,504
    Liked 992 Times in 504 Posts

    Default

    Sammy's really acting like that ex-girlfriend who keeps acting like she wants you back but won't admit it and always making a scene, and you just ignore anything she says because it's not worth it.

    Anyone else? I know I'm not the only one who has been there

  19. The Following Member Likes This Post:


  20. #13
    Banned!
    Join Date
    09.23.11
    Age
    46
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    22,777
    Last Online

    11.25.18 @ 07:41 PM
    Likes
    5,753
    Liked 11,178 Times in 6,762 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default


  21. The Following 5 Members Like This Post:


  22. #14
    Good Enough
    Join Date
    02.04.15
    Posts
    2,136
    Favorite VH Album

    1
    Favorite VH Song

    I'm the One
    Last Online

    12.15.18 @ 09:52 AM
    Likes
    1,227
    Liked 2,377 Times in 1,118 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TravelingMan View Post
    I have a ton of respect for Sammy as a musician, as a businessman, and for work he has done for charity. I get that he may be disappointed that EVH and AVH may not respond the way that he wants, but dude get over it. You helped create the situation that makes it unlikely they would want to contact you. Move on and enjoy your life.
    He clearly states in the two minute yes/no answer: "I'm over it, man."

  23. #15
    Banned!
    Join Date
    09.23.11
    Age
    46
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    22,777
    Last Online

    11.25.18 @ 07:41 PM
    Likes
    5,753
    Liked 11,178 Times in 6,762 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DRFC View Post
    He clearly states in the interview "I'm over it, man."
    Until the next interview.

  24. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:


 

 

Similar Threads

  1. There's a 90% chance of a reunion according to Sammy
    By Daisy Hill in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 1066
    Last Post: 03.22.11, 10:39 AM
  2. How big would a Sammy reunion be?
    By Mario VH in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 07.24.06, 04:45 PM
  3. Sammy Hinted At VH Reunion
    By Warmoth in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05.11.05, 09:26 AM
  4. How big would a Sammy reunion be?
    By Mario VH in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 08.30.01, 12:00 PM
  5. Sammy Speaks About DLR Reunion Again..
    By Mike5150 in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 10.05.00, 10:34 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •