Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Bottoms Up!
    Last Online

06.21.18 @ 11:59 PM
    Liked 2,582 Times in 1,663 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darrin Stephens View Post
    I think Bamba may end up eventually being the best. His skill set and amount of work he put in since the end of the season are impressive. He will need time to get comfortable with his offense but he has skills you can't teach.
    Luka I think is actually under rated as well and could be that super star level

Trae Young I have been impressed how much weight he added since the end of season and think spacing in the NBA actually helps him so I think his floor is higher than most but not sure he has physical skills to get to that level.

Bagley, Jackson and Sexton to me are over rated in my opinion. Bagley is great but I do not think he translates well to NBA. Jackson is so damn raw and Sexton can't shoot. You have to shoot as a point, I'd fearful he is Mudiay type.

Porter, just a stud skill wise so worth the risk really but I've just never recall a guy with back trouble to not have it be chronic. Larry Johnson was a rare player who broke his back with Charlotte but reinvented his game with NY and become a 3 point shooter but his back never got better and to this day pains him 20 years later. Not too many adjust and make it work. Porter kind of reminds me of Kiki Vandewghe (SP) in the back half of his career. Super highly skilled but never could play more than half a year due to his back after age 28. Different skill sets but Porter reminds me of that, so tempting due to skill but...

And if you know Kiki's game congrats you are officially old.
    Crap I'm old.

I think Bamba could be really good, too. He has way more to work with, offensively, than Ayton does.

Just don't see how Luka won't be good. That size, can pass and shoot the three....he should be good in this league, as well.

I really like Bagley. He's so smooth with that jumper and moves around the basket.

Young, I don't like. His IQ needs work. A lot of dumb plays coming from him.
    But he can shoot, so, in this league he might be great.

Porter is the best if healthy. But, like you said, that's too much of a gamble.

I like this draft. Some quality. But if these guys don't want to be great they won't. Hopefully, they'll work hard every off season to get their. So many players don't, unfortunately.

2. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Bottoms Up!
    Last Online

06.21.18 @ 11:59 PM
    Liked 2,582 Times in 1,663 Posts

I like what my Bulls did. Carter Jr. and Hutch are quality players. They're starting to stock up the young talent again.

Good Enough
    Last Online

06.22.18 @ 07:21 AM
    Liked 2,250 Times in 959 Posts

Porter may not play most of next year or at least that is floating out there. Plus a lot of scouts did not like him below the waist, felt his legs are weak and a risk. Man so much skill however.

I really like the Atlanta strategy, it was clear and cohesive something Atlanta is not always. Get shooters and space, multiple guys that will stretch floor and thrive in space.

Danny Ainge did what he does, Williams is a steal at the end of the 1st. Same for Spurs and Lonnie Walker, great match.

I do not get Clippers and Hornets strategy.

Oh man wanted Memphis to take Trae Young to troll the Mavs and Hawks.

My knicks, how young is there talent base there summer league has 3 players (Frank, Knox. Robinson) as teenagers (their star is only 22). Robinson landed in a good spot as the knicks have one of the best G league programs at developing guys. Robinson needs court time and that will be good for his development. His workout he pulled a Bamba and showed surprisingly good shooting. His physical skills look great to develop but wonder about his head. Developing a shot on his own is a good sign in that regard. A worthy project who hopefully matures between the ears. The undrafted kid from Arizona is a great grab on a 2 way deal and can develop with good coaching.

Knox my concern was his handle but loved how well he plays off ball which is vital in NBA. Knicks front office says the surprise was in workout he blew away Fiz with his ball handling off pick n roll which he never showed at Kentucky. Great upside and a good situation to develop. I would have taken Mikal Bridges but like the reasons on Knox - athletic, young, and showed better in the pre draft process than his tape. KP was the same way so a good calculated risk for more upside.

Porter I thought the Clippers with 2 firsts should have gambled with one pick and take him. They have an extra pick makes sense. The knicks did not have the luxury of being wrong due to low talent base. Porter at 14 to Denver where there are a lot of offensive weapons is a good spot in the sense he won't have to be the guy and can develop. An agent said they would have passed even at 14 because they feel he will not play well with vets in a locker room due to ego. No idea about that but get the knicks passing with injury risk in their star recovering from ACL and has an organization injury risk has burned them from Amare, Vandeweghe, McDyess, et al... it is substantial can't take on more.
    Last edited by Darrin Stephens; 06.22.18 at 05:57 AM.