Register
Page 249 of 252 FirstFirst ... 149199239246247248249250251252 LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,735 of 3774
    Last Online

03.20.19 @ 11:56 PM
    Liked 949 Times in 502 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by japeape View Post
    I think we should consider hiring only Marines as educators.

Wouldn't be a bad plan. But too many Nancy boys wouldn't like that. Plus it would be tough to roll up with a pair of tits and say you identify as a girl. Out.
    Quin-a-se-i-co

You're a dick for putting ian on "ignore" DIF

"You stupid fuck!" Seen

"Well if you saw it, stats and scientific studies be damned!" Lovemachine 97 v. 2.

Last Online

03.20.19 @ 11:56 PM
    Liked 949 Times in 502 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by ArtyBoy View Post
    Kids used to steal the teacher's book with all the test answers. Just think when they steal the teacher's .45.

Kids also didn't roll up to school and fucking shoot innocent kids back then either. Biggest thing you had to worry about was getting your ass kicked. Not some pussy rolling up and shooting everyone while there is not a damn thing anyone can do about it. Out.
    Quin-a-se-i-co

You're a dick for putting ian on "ignore" DIF

"You stupid fuck!" Seen

"Well if you saw it, stats and scientific studies be damned!" Lovemachine 97 v. 2.

3. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

03.21.19 @ 06:36 AM
    Liked 16,013 Times in 9,030 Posts

Premium Member

Florida governor suspends Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel

Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel, who faced criticism over his department’s response to the deadly Parkland, Florida, school shooting last year, was officially suspended by new Gov. Ron DeSantis on Friday.

"Sheriff Israel has repeatedly failed and has demonstrated a pattern of poor leadership," DeSantis said in a statement.

"He failed to protect Floridians and visitors during the tragic Fort Lauderdale International Airport shooting in 2017. He failed in his duties to keep our families and children safe during the devastating shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School on Feb.14, 2018," the statement read. "These incidents demonstrate Sheriff Israel’s repeated incompetence and neglect of duty. The families of the victims deserve accountability. It is my job as governor to ensure that the safety of our local communities, especially the safety of our children, is paramount. Government officials must be held accountable for their actions, and/or inactions.

"For these reasons, I am suspending Sheriff Israel from office effective immediately.”

DeSantis later tweeted that he was suspending Israel for "his repeated failures, incompetence and neglect of duty."

DeSantis formally announced the appointment of Gregory Tony as sheriff. Tony, a former Coral Springs Police sergeant, will be Broward County’s first African-American sheriff, according to a statement released by the governor.

“It is my intention to embark on this enormous task to restore the confidence of families and residents of Broward County toward the Broward Sherriff’s Office, which also requires that I fix the problems that exist," Tony said.

Seventeen people were killed in the shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland. The suspect was identified as Nikolas Cruz.

Calls for Israel to resign came shortly after the deadly shooting unfolded and in April, the Broward Sheriff's Office Deputies Association voted "no confidence" in him. The association cited the national criticism surrounding Israel and his office following the shooting.

Minutes after DeSantis' announcement, Israel said he would fight the suspension.

"There was no wrongdoing on my part. I served the county honorably," he said. "False narratives," Israel claimed, are continuing "but not in a court of law. In a court of law, only the facts matter."

Israel said he "wholeheartedly" rejected the governor's order and would fight it in court, arguing that DeSantis was making a "power grab" against the will of the county's people who elected him.

Under Florida law, the governor can suspend elected officials for criminal activity, misfeasance, incompetence or neglect of duty. Israel's lawyer, Stuart Kaplan, said this week the sheriff did nothing warranting removal and his future should be left to Broward voters in the 2020 election.

Israel had been sheriff six years.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/florida-g...f-scott-israel

Yeah Israel, go ahead and challenge it, I dare ypu. That's exactly what you want is seeing the parents of murdered children on TV calling you out on your incompetence night after night while you claim you're outstanding.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

5. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Last Online

03.21.19 @ 05:43 AM
    Liked 9,545 Times in 5,163 Posts

Premium Member

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

This is a school where the board recently voted to block officers from having guns.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

8. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Soul Kitchen
    Last Online

03.19.19 @ 08:25 PM
    Liked 1,524 Times in 1,006 Posts

Premium Member

Well that worked out just fine.
    "I'm the opposite of Bill Cosby. Diamond Dave always gets your approval." (DLR)

"Kids, just say NO to marriage". (Al Bundy)

Rawhide in "A"

Tom Brady hates tomatoes

10. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

Florida school hires combat vets with semiautomatic rifles to protect students from active shooters

Aaron Colen

A school in Florida is taking school safety so seriously that it has hired two combat veterans armed with semiautomatic rifles to patrol and guard the campus against potential threats, according to The New York Times.

Manatee School for the Arts in Palmetto, Florida, hired the school guardians to comply with state legislation requiring schools to have at least one "safe-school" officer. Principal Bill Jones said they have good reason to go above and beyond the minimum requirements.

"We're not looking for a fair fight," Jones said of potential active shooter situations. "We're looking at an overwhelming advantage."

One of the guards has 15 years of infantry experience, and the second veteran guardian will start working later in February. Jones wanted combat veterans who can be trusted to react quickly and correctly under fire.

"I wouldn't hire anybody who hadn't been shot at and fired back," Jones said. "I need someone who has been in that situation."

The Palmetto Police chief supports the use of semiautomatic weapons, something not everyone was comfortable with.

"Assault rifles, whether you are for them or against them, are prolific in our society," Chief Scott Tyler said in December to the Herald-Tribune. "So why would we not want the school guardian to have parity with that potential threat?"

Jones said parents have been generally accepting of the guards, who were trained by the Manatee County Sheriff's Department and had to complete at least 132 hours of firearm safety and proficiency training.

The weapons are not stored on campus, and the guards are required to keep the chambers empty while they are patrolling.

The guardians' salaries of about $50,000 "substantially exceeds" the state allocation the school received, but Jones believes the students' safety is worth the cost.

12. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

=VH= II
    Last Online

03.20.19 @ 09:20 PM
    Liked 1,960 Times in 1,012 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    This is a school where the board recently voted to block officers from having guns.
    Well played!

Santelises wrote. "In a city where violence is too present, our schools must be havens of safety and peace, where confrontation and weapons have no place."

Except in the hands of the criminal shooting up your school, of course. Way to keep the children safe, genius. Well played!
    ☩ ☩ ☩

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

03.20.19 @ 06:06 PM
    Liked 4,210 Times in 2,528 Posts

I suppose no one read far enough down in the article or, because it was unclear, found another article which makes clear there were armed officers on campus who were with the school resource officer, and there actually are guns on campus available to the school resource officer. So the only way an armed school resource officer would have made a difference is if this guy's decision rested upon knowing the SRO would have to go get a gun from a locker.

That's highly unlikely considering he is schizophrenic and likely used the same gun in the November murder of his cousin, and was arrested for attempted murder in 2015 when he sliced the throat of his 8-yr old cousin.

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

What?

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

What?
    The SRO's superiors were on campus with the SRO at the time and they were carrying guns. True, the SRO doesn't carry a gun, but a second article I found says there are guns kept in a locker that are available.

Okay, so maybe the guy decided to do this because he knew the SRO didn't have a gun on him. That's unlikely because he's schizophrenic, likely murdered a relative back in November with the same gun, and he slit the throat of a cousin in 2015. Since this was a personal altercation, the idea that knowing the SRO didn't physically carry a gun was likely not part of his process in deciding to shoot the person because it seems he is a murderous schizophrenic.

In other words, I am not sure this tells us much of anything as far as armed SROs on campus.

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

The fact that they don't have guns is insane. Guns being available in a locker means extra lives will be lost. Armed law enforcement on campuses is just common sense. If you don't want them armed , then just hire security guards at 8 bucks an hour.

18. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Chickenfoot III
    Favorite VH Song

Different Devil
    Last Online

03.21.19 @ 06:33 AM
    Liked 865 Times in 531 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

LOL.

David Hogg: Fight Effort to Arm Florida Teachers for Self-Defense

His attempt to rally gun control supporters comes as Republican legislators in Florida seek to expand the state’s Guardian program to allow teachers to carry in the classroom for self-defense after volunteering for the program and going through the proper training.

The Guardian program currently applies to school staff members but bans guns in the classrooms, which is the very place teachers and their students huddle and hide in the midst of an attack.

Teachers were unarmed at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School when the February 14, 2018, attack occurred. The school had an armed resource officer, but that officer refused to go in and confront the gunman. With no resource officer to worry about and no teachers who could shoot back, the gunman moved freely through Building 12, killing unarmed teachers and students alike.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...-self-defense/
    Sammy did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    Michael did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    --------------------------
    IAMA I am a stage hand for big mainstream artists. (self.IAmA)

Q: who was the biggest douche that you have worked with?

A: Eddie Van Halen hands down he threatened all the stage hands that if we wernt all pushed to the side when he got off stage that he would "bash our faces in"

Now the new David-Lee-Roth-Van Halen album, “Tokyo Dome In Concert,” is available for purchase, and it’s super, super, super, super, super, super, crazy bad. - Doug Elfman

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

The fact that they don't have guns is insane. Guns being available in a locker means extra lives will be lost. Armed law enforcement on campuses is just common sense. If you don't want them armed , then just hire security guards at 8 bucks an hour.
    As a classical liberal who today is considered a 2nd amendment extremist (we should have access to anything the government does), as well as someone who spends their time on school campuses, and have also weighed the contextually rare school shooting event versus all the unintended consequences of SROs on campus, I just completely disagree.

Since these things were already trending downward when SROs were hired en masse, along with shootings that have happened at schools with armed officers, there is really no evidence it has made students any safer. However, there are concrete examples, not few in number, of the 4th and 5th amendment violations of students, criminalizing schoolyard behavior, many students have become sex offenders for sexting and not knowing they didn't have to show the cop their phone (but being told they did), and it is a big reason for the development of "zero tolerance."

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

Maybe in California, but kids are rarely even arrested these days. Read up on the Parkland case and look at the lunacy of the Obama rules that were recently gotten rid of. School administrations want no part of even reporting a crime.