Register
Page 255 of 262 FirstFirst ... 155205245252253254255256257258 ... LastLast
Results 3,811 to 3,825 of 3916
    Favorite VH Album

=VH= II
    Last Online

06.17.19 @ 07:39 AM
    Liked 2,247 Times in 1,193 Posts

Good on these kids for calling the idiot adults out on their politicized bullshit last night and walking out.

The kids regathered outside, away from the retarded adults and politicians who were using them.
    The kids chanting "Mental health. Mental health"

The "Brady Gun Control" group organized that so-called "vigil". Using traumatized children on the heels of this tragedy in order to promote their agenda. The kids saw right through it.

☩ ☩ ☩

2. The Following 4 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

06.17.19 @ 05:06 AM
    Liked 16,842 Times in 9,521 Posts

Premium Member

Proud of those kids chanting “mental health”.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

4. The Following 4 Members Like This Post:

Atomic Punk Get The Show On The Road's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

06.16.19 @ 03:22 PM
    Liked 15,384 Times in 8,062 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    “A Douglas County School District letter describes a list of serious concerns from a parent who feared there may be "a repeat of Columbine" at STEM School Highlands Ranch months before Tuesday’s fatal shooting. ”

SMH
    No shit, huh?

This kid. The dumbass in Florida. The clown who shot up the theater was in therapy and had told his therapist he wanted to kill people. The Columbine assholes were also known to law enforcement.

I'd bet that there are warning signs before the majority of these shootings and these "professionals" don't do a goddamn thing until its too late.

Instead they use kids a props to push their gun control agenda. I was reading another article on this today where the author pointed out that it was already illegal for these kids to posses pistols, it was illegal to take them to a school, and it was certainly illegal for them to shoot people with them. So explain to me how another fucking law is going to stop this?
    The only genre I really know is Van Halen.

6. The Following 5 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

Premium Member

https://coloradosun.com/2019/05/08/g...ting-red-flag/

Spurlock said that educating students and the community about saying something when they see something suspicious is the first step in preventing a similar tragedy from happening again. He encouraged those with concerns about a fellow student to use Douglas County’s “Text-A-Tip” program or the statewide “Safe2Tell” program — both of which were created after the 1999 Columbine High School massacre nearby that left 13 victims dead.

Uh, someone did say something and they're now on the receiving end of a fucking lawsuit. That'll encourage people to come forward now, won't it?

8. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

06.17.19 @ 07:16 AM
    Liked 4,321 Times in 2,604 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Get The Show On The Road View Post
    This shit pisses me off.

We have a parent warning that there's going to be another Columbine at this school and the response is to file a fucking lawsuit instead of checking your own culture.

https://www.9news.com/mobile/article...2-f1917cf941b8

It seems the parent was on to something.
    No shit, huh?

This kid. The dumbass in Florida. The clown who shot up the theater was in therapy and had told his therapist he wanted to kill people. The Columbine assholes were also known to law enforcement.

I'd bet that there are warning signs before the majority of these shootings and these "professionals" don't do a goddamn thing until its too late.

Instead they use kids a props to push their gun control agenda. I was reading another article on this today where the author pointed out that it was already illegal for these kids to posses pistols, it was illegal to take them to a school, and it was certainly illegal for them to shoot people with them. So explain to me how another fucking law is going to stop this?
    I'm trying to find the fault here, though. The school seemed to take it seriously and even sent a letter home to nearly 3,000 parents asking if they had similar concerns. The district also relayed the concerns to the police department.

As far has therapists and mental health, when you control for substance abuse, which increases violent behavior across the board, only 4% of people with a "severe" mental illness (think schizophrenia) will commit violence.

If there is no history of violence and no substance abuse, then it's basically impossible to predict it. So I don't think these people are holding out.

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

06.17.19 @ 05:06 AM
    Liked 16,842 Times in 9,521 Posts

Premium Member

Thumbs up

MARINE RECRUIT WHO CHARGED STEM SHOOTER REMEMBERS HIS FRIEND

8:23 PM 05/09/2019

The aspiring Marine who charged the STEM School Highlands Ranch shooter remembered his friend in a Wednesday interview, saying, “Kendrick Castillo died a legend.”

Brendan Bialy, 18, said that when he saw the gun, his gut took over. “I don’t like the idea of running and hiding,” he explained. Ultimately, it was Bialy who was able to disarm one of the shooters. He declined to tell reporters which shooter it was, although he said that he knew.

But Castillo, Bialy’s close friend, acted first.

“Kendrick Castillo died a legend. He died a trooper. He got his ticket to Valhalla, and I know he will be with me for the rest of my life,” Bialy said as he set the scene. “The gunman was there, then he was against the wall, and he didn’t know what the hell hit him.”

Despite feeling “absolute fear” initially, Bialy said he quickly followed Castillo’s lead. He was able to get the gun away from the shooter, but by the time he turned back to help Castillo, his friend was unresponsive.

In the days since the shooting, Bialy said that he has heard the word “hero” thrown around, but he has shrugged it off, saying, “I need to let them know that Kendrick Castillo and the other student were in the thick of it on rolling on the ground where I was too.”

And he also shrugged off the idea of being a victim. “Why in the world would I let this coward get what he wants?” he asked. “I’m not a victim. I refuse to be a victim. Kendrick refused to be a victim.”

Bialy, who is enrolled in the Marine Corps’ Delayed Entry Program, is set to leave for training this summer. “The reason I joined is to help people. And I’m going to do that,” he said.

https://dailycaller.com/2019/05/09/m...stillo-legend/
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine97(Version 2) View Post
    I'm trying to find the fault here, though. The school seemed to take it seriously and even sent a letter home to nearly 3,000 parents asking if they had similar concerns. The district also relayed the concerns to the police department.

As far has therapists and mental health, when you control for substance abuse, which increases violent behavior across the board, only 4% of people with a "severe" mental illness (think schizophrenia) will commit violence.

If there is no history of violence and no substance abuse, then it's basically impossible to predict it. So I don't think these people are holding out.
    So I read the report and the issue I take is this. The Board and staff investigated themselves. I'm not sure how impartial that is. My other problem is the immediate knee-jerk reaction to sue the person who made the allegations. There also may be a reason they received no responses.

https://www.9news.com/video/news/inv...a9?jwsource=cl

How much did they really investigate? The complaint was made in December, the lawsuit filed in January, and then the school sent the letter to the parents. That timeline doesn't add up.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

Premium Member

These two shitbags stole guns from a locked safe and the tried to set the older kid's house on fire.

https://kdvr.com/2019/05/09/sources-...suspects-home/

In addition, the older kid's Facebook page has anti-Christian screeds on it.

https://gazette.com/news/stem-shooti...b7e9d3969.html

Why is this pertinent you may ask? Because it makes it clear that passing more gun laws isnt the answer. And it also makes it clear that intolerance of people with different thoughts and beliefs are a real problem and a motivating factor in many of these events.

13. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

06.17.19 @ 01:28 AM
    Liked 16,061 Times in 7,013 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    Why would this matter? The story here two cowards killed innocent kids. Un-fucking-excusable. Who cares if they're trans or a Dem? Or maybe I'm missing something?
    Unfortunately to the media of this country it does matter.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

06.17.19 @ 06:50 AM
    Liked 10,688 Times in 5,995 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    Unfortunately to the media of this country it does matter.
    Yup, the news media has a narrative to stick to. If a story fits the narrative, they'll run with it. If it doesn't, they'll drop it or just change how they would normally cover in order to fit that narrative.

16. The Following 4 Members Like This Post:

Last Online

06.16.19 @ 10:01 PM
    Liked 1,030 Times in 550 Posts

Premium Member

These two shitbags stole guns from a locked safe and the tried to set the older kid's house on fire.

https://kdvr.com/2019/05/09/sources-...suspects-home/

In addition, the older kid's Facebook page has anti-Christian screeds on it.

https://gazette.com/news/stem-shooti...b7e9d3969.html

Why is this pertinent you may ask? Because it makes it clear that passing more gun laws isnt the answer. And it also makes it clear that intolerance of people with different thoughts and beliefs are a real problem and a motivating factor in many of these events.

It's always some re-tread that does this shit. But let's don't call it that. Working more gun laws won't cure the problem. Aggressive attitude towards fucks like this and the others, may help. If little bobby looks the part and face books the part...finish the math problem before the question is asked. Don't stand around and go...
    Quin-a-se-i-co

You're a dick for putting ian on "ignore" DIF

"You stupid fuck!" Seen

"Well if you saw it, stats and scientific studies be damned!" Lovemachine 97 v. 2.

" that's so pussy ass" Brook.

18. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

=VH= II
    Last Online

Default R.I.P. Austin

Just found out some very sad news.

The past couple weeks have been difficult around these parts with the recent STEM school shooting in Highlands Ranch, just a few miles from Columbine.

This young man was a survivor of Columbine, shot in the hand and leg by those maniacs, and quickly developed an addiction to opioids because they effectively "took away the emotion" of the horrors he experienced (his best friend died instantly right next to him as they hid under a table together during the Columbine rampage).

Just found out that they found him dead in his apartment Saturday from an opioid overdose.

Columbine survivor Austin Eubanks found dead at 37

His family released a statement to KMGH saying Eubanks "lost the battle with the very disease he fought so hard to help others face. Helping to build a community of support is what meant the most to Austin, and we plan to continue his work."

Story:
    https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/05/18/us/...www.cnn.com%2F

Rest in peace, Austin.
    ☩ ☩ ☩

Favorite VH Album

=VH= II
    Last Online

Default Virginia Beach shooting 5/31

At least 11 dead, 6 injured in shooting at Virginia Beach municipal complex.
    Shooter also dead

At least 11 people were killed and six hurt Friday when a shooter, a city employee ultimately shot and killed by police, opened fire inside a Virginia Beach municipal building, Police Chief Jim A. Cervera said on Friday.

The shooter was a current longtime public utility worker, Cervera said. The names of the gunman and the victims were not released. Police did not describe a possible motive for the attack.

"This is the most devastating day in the history of Virginia Beach," Mayor Bobby Dwyer said. "The people involved are our friends, co-workers, neighbors and colleagues."

Five people were taken to Virginia Beach General, and one was being flown to the Level I Trauma Center at Sentara Norfolk General Hospital, The Virginian-Pilot reported. A Virginia Beach police officer was among those shot, but was saved by his bulletproof vest, Cervera said.

Authorities said via social media they believed there was just one shooter involved at the Virginia Beach Municipal Center.

☩ ☩ ☩

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

06.17.19 @ 04:45 AM
    Liked 25,298 Times in 12,762 Posts

Premium Member

Disgruntled worker.

The person on route to the trauma center passed away.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

Last Online

06.16.19 @ 10:01 PM
    Liked 1,030 Times in 550 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    Disgruntled worker.

No way! That's odd. So he didn't follow the rules and the laws? Sad to read some innocents got killed. In this case, is this a place where one cannot carry a weapon to protect his or herself in this building? So the laws and rules read one cannot carry a weapon in this building? Just asking. It's written on the door and on paper. Correct? Out.
    Quin-a-se-i-co

You're a dick for putting ian on "ignore" DIF

"You stupid fuck!" Seen

"Well if you saw it, stats and scientific studies be damned!" Lovemachine 97 v. 2.

" that's so pussy ass" Brook.