Register
    Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

If its Eddie, its Van Halen
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 11:10 AM
    Liked 527 Times in 242 Posts

I was watching TV last night (the usual Monday night shows on CBS) and they kept on airing the promo for the Michael Jackson special this week and I said to my wife "why the hell does he have to lip sync so much?"
    Her reply was "well wheres your band? You don't see them on any shows or doing anything."
    I said "they have been silent because of Eddie's cancer."
    She then said back, "You would think that the guy would have the decency to let his fans know he is o.k. and doing well."
    I gave her the old "cancer is a personnel issue," response.
    And she ended it by saying "he should show his fans some respect and keep them informed because they are concerned for him."
    I was then silent and thought to myself that she was right, (even though I wouldn't let her know she was right )

Let me say this about my wife, she isn't a "real" VH fan, she likes a few Sammy era songs and only a couple Dave songs but she would rather go to a Sting/Natalie Merchant/Cher concert than a VH. I took her to see VH on the BALANCE tour and she was amazed at Alex's drum solo. But I have also taken her to see Sting/Natalie Merchant/Hall & Oates/ and many others that aren't what I call "rockin'" groups and I am taking her to see CSN&Y this March. I am trying to get tickets for Creed for myself. She owes me.

But my point is, even outsider can see how piss- poorly Eddie & the boys have treated their loyal fans.
    'Old Van Halen, when I was in it-classic Van Halen-makes you wanna drink, dance and screw, right? And the new Van Halen encourages you to drink milk, drive a Nissan and have a relationship.' - David Lee Roth.

Favorite VH Album

The Classic 6 Pack
    Favorite VH Song

Take Your Whiskey Home
    Last Online

11.04.17 @ 06:01 AM
    Liked 185 Times in 65 Posts

It's all about personal choice though... It's Ed's life... his call.

Yes our dollars helped finance his life but we were willing customers... and we didn't sign a contract with the band to keep us entertained in the future. When we purchased albums, concert tickets, videos, etc... we bought a slice in time to entertain ourselves. Not a life-time membership with future rights to VH products...

IMO Ed isn't being disrespectful to the fans... he's just chosen not to produce entertainment products at this time... we can play elsewhere if we choose...
    Woke up this mornin, got Blue Moon in your eyes...
    http://www.myretrolounge.com

Top Of The World
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

eddymon...did you get those Creed tickets?

Last Online

04.24.05 @ 02:20 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well all I can say is see you on tour real soon [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    Cheers <br />Webmaster of <br /><a href="http://www.vhstrungout.com" target="_blank">www.vhstrungout.com</a><br /><a href="http://www.edward-van-halen.com" target="_blank">www.edward-van-halen.com</a><br /><a href="http://vanhalenradio.com" target="_blank">www.Van Halen Radio.com</a>

Favorite VH Album

Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

The Full Bug
    Last Online

10.12.15 @ 05:43 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 2 Posts

We all have things that we consider personal issues in our lives, whether they be big or small, and they may be things that we don't share with even the closest of friends or family, so why should Ed be held to a standard that no one else is in life? He respects his fans by putting out quality music and a great concert, and by not acting like an asshole when someone approaches him for an autograph and/or a picture, but beyond that we don't have a right to his life and even though we may want to know with the best of intentions, we must respect his wishes and hope for the best. Would you want to stand up in front of the world and tell them yes, I have cancer and here's all the gory details, especially if it were bad news? I pray to God it's not bad news, but imagine what George Harrison had to go through. The best you can do is to try to handle it with a little dignity and grace and you can't do that when the media is flashing bulbs in your face.
    Could this be magic?

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 01:21 PM
    Liked 11,559 Times in 4,925 Posts

Eddymon - your wife is very angry. Do something about that. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Michael Jackson is a complete and utter mess, no matter what Van Halen is doing, totally irrelevant. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!